Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So who the hell is still supporting BU?  (Read 29827 times)
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 01:12:32 PM

You are diverting attention to what I was taking about. Read your post, and read what I was talking about. I was not talking about throughput, but solely about quadratic hashing.

what our failing to understand is that segwit wont stop anything.
you can pretend it solves things and is 100% utopian fix. but its not

quadratic hashing still will occur after segwit is activated.

What i would try to solve this problem is :

Associate a number to each op code in the script to represent the computing time it take, all node need to have this same values.
Each time the vm execute an op code, it increase a counter with this value.
When the block is being mined , a counter is kept by mining node for this block.
When the block is emitted this value is put either in the block header, or in the coinbase input script.
On the "client" side, the consensus decide what is the maximum value for this number for valid blocks.
On the "client" side, a limit is on put on the vm and the execution is stopped when the counter reach this limit.

Normally it shouldn't be to hard to do in itself. And should be effective to keep the execution time in certain boundaries.

Not saying i will do this in the afternoon, for the moment i have plenty of things to do lol But the problem is to be able to reach the consensus on the update, good moves need to be planed before to see how it's supposed to evolve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yokozuna

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:30:24 PM

No I don't think BU is dead,
Same things I've heard about classic and xt and where are they now?
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:45:56 PM

There was no urgency at the times of XT and Classic. There is now.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 03:59:57 PM

There was plenty of false urgency at the time of XT and Classic, just as there is now.

But with the price and hype currently at ATHs, that false urgency is more hilarious than ever before!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
lurker10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:04:46 PM

There was plenty of false urgency at the time of XT and Classic, just as there is now.

But with the price and hype currently at ATHs, that false urgency is more hilarious than ever before!   Cheesy

Sure the price is at ATH when nobody can deposit and sell Bitcoins on exchanges, where else could it be Cheesy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 04:36:35 PM

Sure the price is at ATH when nobody except those paying competitive tx fees can deposit and sell Bitcoins on exchanges, where else could it be Cheesy

Fixed it for you.   Smiley

The Gavinistas are just playing silly games.

Ver will eventually get tired of wasting his money to send a few BTC to himself over and over, just to spam the mempool and create a false sense of urgency.

He got tired of spamming the mempool to pump XT, he got tired of doing it to pump Classic, and he'll get tired of doing it to pump Unlimite_.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
lurker10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:54:50 PM

Sure the price is at ATH when nobody except those paying competitive tx fees can deposit and sell Bitcoins on exchanges, where else could it be Cheesy

Ver will eventually get tired of wasting his money to send a few BTC to himself over and over, just to spam the mempool and create a false sense of urgency.

He got tired of spamming the mempool to pump XT, he got tired of doing it to pump Classic, and he'll get tired of doing it to pump Unlimite_.

wait, one minute you say it's hype and price is rising which implies more demand and more usage and now this conspiracy theory of someone spamming the network.

You don't believe it's real users sending more transactions driven to Bitcoin by the bull trend?

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:42:22 PM

Nothing to see here, folks, keep moving.

FFS...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:19:49 AM

wait, one minute you say it's hype and price is rising which implies more demand and more usage and now this conspiracy theory of someone spamming the network.

You don't believe it's real users sending more transactions driven to Bitcoin by the bull trend?

Hype, velocity, and price are obviously rising.  Team Gavin is trying to leverage this surge to make their spam attack more effective and advertise his false urgency to a wider than usual audience.

You do realize Bitcoin is working exactly as intended (ie allocating scarce resources efficiently) so long as its pay-for-priority fee market pricing mechanism keeps processing tx appropriately, right?

Or are you one of those over-entitled gibs-me-dat Free Shit Army types who complain when they get a $300 bill for taking an Uber in NYC on NYE?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:01:37 AM

allocating scarce resources efficiently

its only scarce because your boyfriend gmaxwell told his underlings to hold scaling back
fee's are on the increase because your boyfriend gmaxwell took away reactive fee's estimation and implemented average fee estimation (mathematically proven to increase even in low demand)
now in version 0.14 he is even removing priority formulae.. and not even bothering to replace it with a priority mechanism that actually does a better job at reducing spam or punishing the obvious repeat spammers/bloaters while still allowing access to rational, normal transaction flow.

you and gmaxwells mindset is not about code rules to fix bitcoin issues. but playing crappy banker economics games of holding back supply to create demand for commercial services.

if you think bitcoin is about out pricing each other until only a few can actually use bitcoin then you have been spooned by your boyfriend too much.

maybe its time you just jump into gmaxwells bed full time over at the monero hotel and stop popping by bitcoin. because we can see your not actually interested in staying with bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:02:51 AM

You do realize Bitcoin is working exactly as intended (ie allocating scarce resources efficiently)

Well, no. To quote satoshi:

The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide.  Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost.  It never really hits a scale ceiling.  If you're interested, I can go over the ways it would cope with extreme size.

By Moore's Law, we can expect hardware speed to be 10 times faster in 5 years and 100 times faster in 10.  Even if Bitcoin grows at crazy adoption rates, I think computer speeds will stay ahead of the number of transactions.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 09:15:33 AM

Lauda your tolerance and persistence is commendable. However your effort is wasted. Selectively ignoring about 4 bitcointalk trolls in this argument will make your life much more enjoyable and any discussions regarding scaling much more useful as it increases the signal to noise ratio to about 100x higher.
Thank you for these words. Whilst I may be out of line once some trolls overdo it (i.e. I fight "fire with fire") I try to reasonably respond and not let gullible individuals take in their pseudo-science.

EDIT: Of course people who respond by taking offence means they know they're trolls themselves, otherwise why would they get offended and think I was talking about them?
Well said.

what your failing to understand is that segwit wont stop anything.
Yes it will.

Nobody is pretending.

Nope. Read what I wrote.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:47:16 AM

You do realize Bitcoin is working exactly as intended (ie allocating scarce resources efficiently)

By Moore's Law

Moore's Law is no longer tenable, as microchip manufacturing has (ironically) hit it's the technological limits. That happened last year, in 2016.

So, you can quote your outdated Satoshisms and they'll actually make sense, WHEN A NEW CPU SCALING PARADIGM IS INVENTED. You might be waiting a while, so you may as well continue to come up with more inept arguments for your trainwreck Rules for Radicals "technology"

Vires in numeris
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:08:34 AM

By Moore's Law

Moore's Law is no longer tenable, as microchip manufacturing has (ironically) hit it's the technological limits. That happened last year, in 2016.

So, you can quote your outdated Satoshisms and they'll actually make sense, WHEN A NEW CPU SCALING PARADIGM IS INVENTED. You might be waiting a while, so you may as well continue to come up with more inept arguments for your trainwreck Rules for Radicals "technology"

His Outdated Quotes are still alive and well, you dear CB are mistaken. (Like you normally are.)   Wink

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/01/05/ces-2017-moores-law-not-dead-says-intel-boss/

The maxim, which became known as Moore’s law, directed technology companies for five decades before reaching a crunch point last year.
Physicists and technology giants alike said transistors had reached a point where it was no longer economically viable to make them smaller, bringing about the end of the law.

But Intel’s chief executive Brian Krzanich has put an end to such fears with news the company will release a 10 nanometre chip in 2017.
The tiny chip will be cheaper than its predecessor, Intel said, keeping Moore’s law alive.

"I've heard the death of Moore's law more times than anything else in my 34-year career and I'm here today to really show you and tell you that Moore's law is alive and well and flourishing," Krzanich said.

Cool

FYI: Moore's Law
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 10:17:05 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 11:04:48 AM by IadixDev

The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide.  Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost.  It never really hits a scale ceiling.  If you're interested, I can go over the ways it would cope with extreme size.

By Moore's Law, we can expect hardware speed to be 10 times faster in 5 years and 100 times faster in 10.  Even if Bitcoin grows at crazy adoption rates, I think computer speeds will stay ahead of the number of transactions.

The problem is not raw transactions processing, but keeping everyone synched on the same blocks all the time Wink

Coming a bit from 3D engine, it's ridiculous the amount of time spent to check and validate such ridiculous amount of simple integerer arithmetic in the bottom .. Wink But it's because in video game there is always a tolerance for inacurate computation and a certain margin of error, with bitcoin there is no margin of error, and everyone has to agree exactly on each value, that's the whole point of it Smiley It's this that slow everything down, not the transaction processing speed Smiley

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

Lauda your tolerance and persistence is commendable. However your effort is wasted. Selectively ignoring about 4 bitcointalk trolls in this argument will make your life much more enjoyable and any discussions regarding scaling much more useful as it increases the signal to noise ratio to about 100x higher.
Thank you for these words. Whilst I may be out of line once some trolls overdo it (i.e. I fight "fire with fire") I try to reasonably respond and not let gullible individuals take in their pseudo-science.

EDIT: Of course people who respond by taking offence means they know they're trolls themselves, otherwise why would they get offended and think I was talking about them?
Well said.

what your failing to understand is that segwit wont stop anything.
Yes it will.

Nobody is pretending.

Nope. Read what I wrote.

I can sum up it up in 1 short sentence.

Franky1 is Correct and Lauda is Wrong.    Wink

Cool
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:01:09 PM

Moore's Law is no longer tenable, as microchip manufacturing has (ironically) hit it's the technological limits.

aww..... that's just precious.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:36:18 PM

Moore's Law is no longer tenable, as microchip manufacturing has (ironically) hit it's the technological limits.

jbreher, are you suggesting that it's possible to break the laws of physics in order to continue with Moore's law? We're going to build transistors out of something that's smaller than 1 silicon atom, yeah? you're pretty cute yourself, lol

Vires in numeris
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:53:13 PM

jbreher, are you suggesting that it's possible to break the laws of physics in order to continue with Moore's law? We're going to build transistors out of something that's smaller than 1 silicon atom, yeah? you're pretty cute yourself, lol

Why, no, Carlton. I am suggesting that your assertion is that we are at the end of Moore's 'law' scaling due to fundamental technological limits in microchip manufacturing is absolute twaddle.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:20:55 PM

Why, no, Carlton. I am suggesting that your assertion is that we are at the end of Moore's 'law' scaling due to fundamental technological limits in microchip manufacturing is absolute twaddle.

dont worry about CB, he know literally nothing..

much easier to just inform him
if you cant make something half the size then you:
make it do the same thing faster.
make it do more than one task
or even
make twice as many of the items.

end result is more porformance growth

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: