Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: natwest transfer to mt gox  (Read 1096 times)
Dannico (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:36:05 PM

Can someone help me with this.

I'm trying to send a payment from natwest online banking to mt gox in GBP. On natwest it tells me to enter sort code but on the mt gox info there is no sort code?  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
idny

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:01:25 PM

As Mt.Gox is based in Japan you'll need to use the IBAN and SWIFT/BIC codes. Choose the international transfer option on Natwest online banking.

Taken from http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/169hnm/cheapest_way_to_get_s_to_mtgox_from_uk

The best way is not too.

Use bitstamp.net instead, you can transfer funds there using transferwise.com (local GBP bank transfer to transferwise and then they do the GBP -> EUR currency conversion and send the funds to bitstamp by SEPA transfer. Although you are paying two fx fees (transferwise's GBP-EUR and bitstamp's EUR-USD) this remains a highly efficient way to obtain bitcoins as both transferwise and bitstamp give you fair fx rates.

You can actually use this same setup to deposit into mtgox's polish euro bank account too, but mtgox requires account verification (upload passport and utility bill scans) before you can do that and anyway bitstamp has currently lower prices than mtgox.

Another great option for the UK at the moment is https://bitbargain.co.uk - buy person to person usually under <10min using pingit or a UK bank transfer directly to the seller's account. The prices don't seem too bad at the moment either.. £9/BTC is only ~2% higher than current mtgoxGBP ask price.
Paul89273

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:07:01 PM

Can someone help me with this.

I'm trying to send a payment from natwest online banking to mt gox in GBP. On natwest it tells me to enter sort code but on the mt gox info there is no sort code?  Huh

Are you trying to send an international transfer? Sounds like you're trying to send a domestic bank transfer which still has sort code and account number info which is a UK thing

If you send an international transfer, you'll need an IBAN and BIC number. That's the details you need to enter

Also are you sending to their Japanese or Polish bank account, if the Polish bank account you'll want to do a SEPA bank transfer since it's in the EU

Another thing, is your account verified with Mt.Gox yet? You should consider sending the money to AurumXchange.com, official partner of Mt. Gox

That will only take 1 - 2 days Vs at least 7 if transferring to Japan
Paul89273

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:09:11 PM

Idny do you know where I can find Mt Gox Polish account info? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website
idny

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:41:05 PM

Idny do you know where I can find Mt Gox Polish account info? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website

You need to be verified on Mt.Gox. From what i've heard that is currently a large waiting list, 18,000+
briannguyen

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:46:32 PM

You better use SEPA bank transfer as it is faster than sending to Japanese bank account.

Do you have your mtgox verified? You can use blockchain or bitinstant to buy bitcoin and then transfer to mt.gox for further trading.

Click here to know how to transfer money from UK to SEPA account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: