Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:16:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low bid orders and preparing for a crash (again).  (Read 2568 times)
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:38:12 PM

I have all my current bids set at $40 and below, with my lowest bid set at $5.  Wouldn't be surprised to see all of them filled by the end of the month...

Do you have bids set in place for a crash? If so, where at, and when do you believe they will get filled?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:46:33 PM

I have all my current bids set at $40 and below, with my lowest bid set at $5.  Wouldn't be surprised to see all of them filled by the end of the month...

Do you have bids set in place for a crash? If so, where at, and when do you believe they will get filled?

Similar, starting at $50 - though I might do a bit of tweaking.

I think I might start seeing them filled from the end of this week onwards, but very hard to estimate time frames at the moment.
webchris

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 03:48:53 PM

I too am putting in low bids, but I'm not expecting the price to drop that drastically. I really hope to see the price stabilize a bit in this range and then start to slowly pick back up at a more moderate rate with all the new money constantly coming in and burned speculators getting out at break even.

Join a Safe Shared LUX Masternode -> https://www.luxmasternode.com
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:55:14 PM

Same. But my bids are 60 and up.
aurora

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 03:56:29 PM

Personally , i never set bids for future crash. You never know how low it'll go. You gambling, folks

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:58:57 PM

I always have low bid orders. Right now they're spread from $0.50 to $50 ;-) There have been enough flash crashes recently that it's worth having some fiat ready to catch the falling knife.

That being said, ain't no crash coming. We already crashed, and are due for a correction  Cool
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:11:34 PM

Personally , i never set bids for future crash. You never know how low it'll go.

That's why you set staggered buy orders all the way down...you don't know how low it will go or where it will settle, but you can lower your cost basis quite a bit and possibly profit on the bounce (or by holding mid to long term depending on your own investment strategy).
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 05:23:05 PM

I don't leave my orders in there for too long unless I know for certain it will be filled.
Right now I have no orders pending, although I own a few altcoins.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:02:44 PM

Personally , i never set bids for future crash. You never know how low it'll go.

That's why you set staggered buy orders all the way down...you don't know how low it will go or where it will settle, but you can lower your cost basis quite a bit and possibly profit on the bounce (or by holding mid to long term depending on your own investment strategy).

so your not a bear your a bounce. all you want is to make money off the bounce. a bear want it to go down and down and down. well you would spend alot of money on eventualy.000000000000000001 penny per bit. no bear is a true bear they are a bounce. they want to buy cheep coins and when they go UP they will profit. well. so. a bounce hugh. not a bear a bounce.  Cool
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:06:52 PM

No, I am a bear because I believe the market is going downwards.

The term bear has nothing to do with "want". (don't feel bad, most of the true believers here don't know/understand that either, and frequently misuse the term.)

Definition of 'Bear'
An investor who believes that a particular security or market is headed downward. Bears attempt to profit from a decline in prices. Bears are generally pessimistic about the state of a given market.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bear.asp

So many investment terms are misused on this forum.  Undecided
chiropteran

Activity: 348

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 06:12:09 PM

I think the existence of these sorts of threads proves that there won't be a crash.  Everyone is loving the idea of buying cheap bitcoins, which means they won't actually fall that cheap.  There is always someone else with "low" bid orders $20 above yours.

Brushan

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:16:22 PM

For every day that goes after the correction it is looking more and more like it will behave like in 2011. Most probably bottom will be alot higher than 2011 but i think we'll see lower prices.
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:17:32 PM

Everyone is loving the idea of buying cheap bitcoins, which means they won't actually fall that cheap.  There is always someone else with "low" bid orders $20 above yours.

Until investor confidence gets shaken.

If people no longer think they can sell for a higher price, they wont buy in. We are in a declining market now, and less people are going to be willing to buy in the further down this thing goes.

The coins that were "cheap" a week ago are now looking pretty expensive...
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:18:21 PM

I think the existence of these sorts of threads proves that there won't be a crash.  Everyone is loving the idea of buying cheap bitcoins, which means they won't actually fall that cheap.  There is always someone else with "low" bid orders $20 above yours.

Everybody loves cheap bitcoins here because everyone here loves bitcoins! This is the bitcoin forum. You are going to get a disproportionately high amount of bitcoins lovers here.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:20:58 PM

I would add that some of us do not care about "investing" in bitcoin. For me it is a way to safely, quickly and cheaply send money. I will continue to use it whatever the price. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 06:23:33 PM

I don't place standing limit orders, because the code I've written to support them isn't ready for prime time yet.

But if you include "bids that a bot will place as soon as the price falls sufficiently", I'm also bidding all the way down to $5 (after that, depending on how the price got there it's possible I run out of dry powder and have to stop temporarily).

I have no idea when they'll be filled, if ever. I'm no good at predicting the moves of this market.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:23:57 PM

I would add that some of us do not care about "investing" in bitcoin.

Then the speculation subforum is a strange place for you/those people to be posting...this subforum is specifically for price talk as it relates to trading/investing.
aurora

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 06:33:50 PM

your system wont work if it crashes big time

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:38:04 PM

I would add that some of us do not care about "investing" in bitcoin.

Then the speculation subforum is a strange place for you/those people to be posting...this subforum is specifically for price talk as it relates to trading/investing.
Fair enough. And I'm not against speculation. I like how you can do anything with BTC that can be done with fiat, and more. I was just adding that the bitcoin economy has become complex and so reading sentiment is also complex.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:42:26 PM

I would add that some of us do not care about "investing" in bitcoin. For me it is a way to safely, quickly and cheaply send money. I will continue to use it whatever the price. 

Yeah, but why not play the market like a boss and earn 20-30x your money in a few months span ? Before you burn me at the stake as an evil speculator, realize that such actions help stabilize the price, buy when it's cheap and sell on the tip of bubble. People playing the bubble are preventing it from happening.

So it's not the cold blooded speculators that ruin the bitcoin market, looking for a short time profit. It's the greed of long term bulls: "there's a limited amount of bitcoins so if I get in early I will be RICHER THAN GEORGE FUCKING SOROS !". Such stupidity attracts sharks like a bloody fresh kill, and they stabilize the market back by feasting on the dumb money. Without the long bulls and the "store of wealth" promise (an economic impossibility), there would be no speculation and BTC price will stay rock solid.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: