Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary review of 3 bitcoin exchanges  (Read 1331 times)
jostmey (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:13:28 AM

I've tried three bitcoin exchanges now, namely Mt Gox, Trade Hill, and Bitcoin 7. I was successful with all three!

Briefly, here are my thoughts on them.

• Mt Gox - Trusthworthy, secure.
  • Trade Hill - They are still perfecting their service, but their customer service is unmatched.
  • Bitcoin7 - Quickest service in processing payments... but this may be because so few use it. Their site is also easy to navigate and understand.

More exchanges is a good thing for the bitcoin economy, even for the other exchanges. More exchanges means the bitcoin currency has greater liquidity, which will give investors a felling of confidence in the currency.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Exchanges

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:21:50 AM

I'm gonna reply to this post that is 3 years old just to show how messed up the first years of Bitcoin have been. The majority of exchanges has either been hacked or (most likely) setup as scams.
cle

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:44:24 AM

thanks very much for this necrobump.
very informative.,,,,,,,,,,,
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:02:20 AM

I'm gonna reply to this post that is 3 years old just to show how messed up the first years of Bitcoin have been. The majority of exchanges has either been hacked or (most likely) setup as scams.

In 2008 I banked at Washington Mutual, Wachovia and Bear Stearns. All three are gone now. Shit happens.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 06:26:13 AM

In 2008 I banked at Washington Mutual, Wachovia and Bear Stearns. All three are gone now. Shit happens.
Did you lose any money because of that?
skooter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:40:38 AM

Big difference.

If you lost any of the money you deposited because of that, I'll personally pay for it out of my own pocket.

(Because I know for a fact you didn't)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:30:11 AM

It doesn't matter if I lost money or not. The only reason I didn't is that the government stepped in and bailed them out. Are you all saying you would like government oversight of Bitcoin? The principle is the same - shit happens everywhere but in the Wild West of Bitcoinland no one has your back because you all want it that way.

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:56:12 AM

I've tried three bitcoin exchanges now, namely Mt Gox, Trade Hill, and Bitcoin 7. I was successful with all three!

Briefly, here are my thoughts on them.

• Mt Gox - Trusthworthy, secure.
  • Trade Hill - They are still perfecting their service, but their customer service is unmatched.
  • Bitcoin7 - Quickest service in processing payments... but this may be because so few use it. Their site is also easy to navigate and understand.

More exchanges is a good thing for the bitcoin economy, even for the other exchanges. More exchanges means the bitcoin currency has greater liquidity, which will give investors a felling of confidence in the currency.

I like he used the word "secure" !

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: