Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:48:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero under scrutiny of the FBI  (Read 15208 times)
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

Sure, thats what the big pump started with, when some Darknet markets announced to accept Monero.
After all, it could just have been one big honeypot.

i meant whether monero themselves were promoting that. i can't imagine they would. they can't really help who makes use of the project.

Yes, if I remember it well they were.
But you'd better ask ICEBREAKER, or just read his posts if you bother, he sure knows best all about that.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 11:25:31 PM

Monero promotes itself as a currency for the Darknet, thats what they've put on their flag, small stupid difference here.

Is It True?

Yes it's true!  The CEO of Monero is even on Alphabay's Board of Directors.

Use his promo code ("FLUFFY2023") to sign up and you get 10% off your first purchase!

Last October, the lavishly funded Monero Marketing Team sponsored a promotional trip to the Crypto Cannabis Conference.

We saw that as a great opportunity to piss in Uncle Sam's eye and dare him to come at us.

The Monero community is 100% dedicated to making sure DNMs are weaned off Bitcoin ASAP.

For details see here

Lets have a chat about Monero & Bitcoin. (payment methods accepted on the markets)

Quote from: /r/DarkNetMarkets/
Hey guys

Im sure you have seen on Abraxas and Nucleus Markets they dont just accept Bitcoin as payment method. They also accept Monero. Monero is a crypto currency similar to Bitcoin but with some significant advantages when using it on the markets.

Im not bagging bitcoin. Bitcoin is great. But I personally think Monero is a far safer coin to use on the dark net markets, for customers and vendors. Bitcoin has got us this far in the darknet scene but anyone that knows a bit about BTC realizes its hard to stay anonymous. Look at these new sites emerging to analysise the block chain. eg. blockseer.com etc. bit coin is expensive and risky to mix (tumble) and if your a vendor you have to tumble your coins, to stay safe.

and here

I have a feeling this topic might be controversial, but here goes... (we NEED DNM adoption NOW)

Quote from: DrMonero
Hey guys. Lets cut to the chase.

I think we need to do some serious PR work with the darknet markets. Everyone knows bitcoin growth and adoption was massively fuelled buy the 'Silk Road'. (darknet Market) Bitcoin has been great for the past 5 years or so in facilitating these blackmarket transactions that make up a huge amount of the whole bitcoin economy. I strongly believe with out Silk Road bitcoin would not be where it is at now.

Now I know what a lot of you guys may be thinking: " We dont want to tarnish our good brand by actively going after the darknet market. But the truth is Monero is the BEST coin out there, that im aware of for anonymous transactions (RingCT). Some of these market operators are realising this as well and implementing Monero into their markets. Right now you can get on TOR and buy blackmarket goods with Monero. Abraxas Market, Nucleus etc. So its already happening. We can do two things. Pretend its not happening (kind of whats happening now) or we can embrace this market show them how our coin is far superior in regard to anonymous transactions.

We can do this by keeping active on the DMN forums and trying to get the point across that BitCoin is not anonymous by default. This can be shown using software such as blockseer.com and going through some case studyies showing how BTC transactions can be linked back to market usage etc.

I notice many vendors on these markets are still not to keen to take Monero, even though it would be far safer for them to do so. We need to have guides how people can trade Monero for BTC etc. How vendors can cash out etc.

Also Monero is FAR faster with confirmations, meaning customers dont have to wait around sometimes over 1 hour for funds to clear in there accounts. (using BTC) I have deposited Monero on these markets and it takes less than 10 minutes for it to be spendable.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 02:03:56 AM

All cryptocurrencies are under the scrutiny of the FBI--it's the FBI's job to monitor darkmarkets, tax evasion, and the like--it's the fact that the  FBI is worried about Monero that is the point of the article.

The FBI is singling Monero out for the very fact that its special properties put it on the same footing as two of the oldest and most trusted coins used for illicit activities--this is what cash is supposed to do, this is what capitalism is supposed to do. Good money does bad things. You will never see Washington wince when he's used to buy crack, you will never see him yawn when you buy the morning paper, and you will certainly never see him cheer when you buy an ounce of your grandmother's illicit cataract medication. Good money does bad things, period.

Those people fretting and hand waving do not see (or likely choose to ignore) that real freedom is tied to private money--good money capable of exerting its holders free will at any moment, at any time. Those that say big government has already won,  have already lost the will to fight, to do what's right in the face of impossible odds, to be vigorous freemen in a time apathetic slavery. At the end of the day, every man and woman's choice is simple, to be a slave or a master--if you are waiting for the powers that be to validate your investment, you have made your last free choice and will gladly take what's handed to you--and though I will feel pity for you, and can even emphasize with the conditions of your slavery, I will never sympathize with the conditions of your failure to break free and set a new course for humanity in this dark time of surveillance states.  If you are waiting for an authority to take you by the hand and lead you greener pastures, you will be continually disappointed that greenest pastures, the choicest venues, the sparkling rivers, the places you always wished you could be, are reserved for those you follow.

The digital world before us is as vast as our imaginations, a land beyond the scope of any nation, no matter how powerful they may seem in the confines of their physical state--they are limited by nature's bounds, constructs of hierarchal determinism, incapable of pondering virtual states of each man his own, each woman her own--it is not by accident that the final battlefield is our imaginations, and the quickness in which some give over their ultimate freedom matches the long drawn out physical history of rule or be ruled, and then the cataclysm of the wisdom that asserts--I have only myself to rule or be ruled.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:42:29 AM

..hot off the forum

Can i interest you all in some freshly squeezed FUD ?

I TOLD YOU SO INVESTARDS !

FUD first & ask questions later™
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:58:27 AM

It works both ways. Monero can also protect law enforcement from the kind of attack proposed in this thread regarding the SilkRoad coins. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306809.0 Ethereum has proven that it is actually possible to do this on a blockchain in the clear.

So here is the question for law enforcement. You seize Bitcoin or Ethereum as proceeds of crime. Then the "community" decides to undo the seizure without any form of due process. How do you prevent this? Now with Monero law enforcement is actually protected from this kind of attack.    

Edit 1: The majority of the hashpower for Bitcoin is in China. Food for thought for US based law enforcement.
Edit 2: A taint attack against the seized coins is also possible. Fungibility works both ways.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:00:56 AM

Lets try to stay on topic, shall we.
I know thats asking a lot from Icey .. but still...

The topic of the FBI's scrutiny of Monero invites discussion of why they are not giving a shit about and scrutinizing Dash.

The question of the value of informing 150 law students about Monero (and what it would cost Dash to do the same) is also relevant.

Forgot about your bragging forum hype campaign where Monero would be used by Dark Markets ?
I didn't.. i warned you all it would be stupid.

And they can't do anything ?
See that guys screen cap earlier.. idiots  Cheesy

They can basically force any "compliant" exchange to ban the coin.
Then.. let's see how fucking popular it is Wink

I warned you all lots about this shit LOUDLY !

..now it begins.

Sorry continues ..forgot i told you Cryptsy was doing this for ages ?

PS:

Lets see how cocky the Monero shills are when the Fed's show up at their door with a court summons and warrants etc.
Ready to fight a costly legal battle to defend your bags big mouths ?

PPS:
Don't even bother trying to pull that routine guys..
Ohhh well... other guys are bad too so go get them defense retort.
This is about Morono so quit pointing figures at others saying they are doing it too.
Monero is the faggotry marketed and adopted DIRECTLY at Dark market criminals.. no others !

strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:04:36 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/fbi-concerned-about-criminal-use-of-private-cryptocurrency-monero/

The privacy-focused digital currency monero has captured the attention of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), which has expressed concerns over its use among criminals.

Following the event, the special agent said he couldn't provide additional details specifically pertaining to the FBI’s investigative techniques surrounding monero when asked by CoinDesk.

Thats what you get when you promote as cryptocurrency your direct links to darknet markets, i guess.
The FBI's full attention and subject to its investigative techniques.

Not good... FBI can kill any coins, if they want.

On the other hand, unless they have evidences, they won't do anything. Plenty stuff used in darknet.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:08:00 AM

So here is the question for law enforcement. You seize Bitcoin or Ethereum as proceeds of crime. Then the "community" decides to undo the seizure without any form of due process. How do you prevent this? Now with Monero law enforcement is actually protected from this kind of attack.    

chinese miners won't give a shit about a bunch of criminals in foreign lands having their money taken from them. and i don't think the fbi would care all that much if their proceeds of crime were turned to useless bytes if something was done. it would be some fun inspiration to go after the wider community even harder.
flipme

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:11:01 AM

All cryptocurrencies are under the scrutiny of the FBI--it's the FBI's job to monitor darkmarkets, tax evasion, and the like--it's the fact that the  FBI is worried about Monero that is the point of the article.

The FBI is singling Monero out for the very fact that its special properties put it on the same footing as two of the oldest and most trusted coins used for illicit activities--this is what cash is supposed to do, this is what capitalism is supposed to do. Good money does bad things. You will never see Washington wince when he's used to buy crack, you will never see him yawn when you buy the morning paper, and you will certainly never see him cheer when you buy an ounce of your grandmother's illicit cataract medication. Good money does bad things, period.

Those people fretting and hand waving do not see (or likely choose to ignore) that real freedom is tied to private money--good money capable of exerting its holders free will at any moment, at any time. Those that say big government has already won,  have already lost the will to fight, to do what's right in the face of impossible odds, to be vigorous freemen in a time apathetic slavery. At the end of the day, every man and woman's choice is simple, to be a slave or a master--if you are waiting for the powers that be to validate your investment, you have made your last free choice and will gladly take what's handed to you--and though I will feel pity for you, and can even emphasize with the conditions of your slavery, I will never sympathize with the conditions of your failure to break free and set a new course for humanity in this dark time of surveillance states.  If you are waiting for an authority to take you by the hand and lead you greener pastures, you will be continually disappointed that greenest pastures, the choicest venues, the sparkling rivers, the places you always wished you could be, are reserved for those you follow.

The digital world before us is as vast as our imaginations, a land beyond the scope of any nation, no matter how powerful they may seem in the confines of their physical state--they are limited by nature's bounds, constructs of hierarchal determinism, incapable of pondering virtual states of each man his own, each woman her own--it is not by accident that the final battlefield is our imaginations, and the quickness in which some give over their ultimate freedom matches the long drawn out physical history of rule or be ruled, and then the cataclysm of the wisdom that asserts--I have only myself to rule or be ruled.

Hard to say what you mean by that. Best bet is that you haven't been busted, yet. But that may change, because "Good private money capable of exerting its holders free will at any moment" is usually kept in best possible secret and the owners usually don't go bragging about their fortunes, promoting their illicit activities almost every day on public forums. I can't even see how that would help the general cause you're addressing.

Its a common issue with criminals. After they got away with their trickery for so long they feel entitled to that outcome, and are utterly astonished when "the law" comes knocking on their doors.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:13:05 AM

chinese miners won't give a shit about a bunch of criminals in foreign lands having their money taken from them. and i don't think the fbi would care all that much if their proceeds of crime were turned to useless bytes. it would be some fun inspiration to go after the wider community even harder.

But the Chinese government could, especially if the coins were associated with some CIA covert action as opposed to something as mundane as online drug sales.

Edit: My point is that: This has already happened with Ethereum, proving that the Satoshi POW alone is not enough to ensure fungibility.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 03:20:05 AM

Hard to say what you mean by that. Best bet is that you haven't been busted, yet. But that may change, because "Good private money capable of exerting its holders free will at any moment" is usually kept in best possible secret and the owners usually don't go bragging about their fortunes, promoting their illicit activities almost every day on public forums. I can't even see how that would help the general cause you're addressing.

Its a common issue with criminals. After they got away with their trickery for so long they feel entitled to that outcome, and are utterly astonished when "the law" comes knocking on their doors.

I bolded the important part for you. You claim not to know what I mean, and then assert that I have used Monero for criminal purposes--your mistake. My point is that good money (like cash and Monero) is indifferent to whether you use it for legal or illegal activities, but only needs to be fungible to allow you the choice.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 03:28:26 AM

i think this is all part of the FBI's ongoing battle against darknet markets and since Monero has such direct links to it,

obviously we don't know the volumes, but i was under the impression that monero is only being used in a couple of places and probably not a great deal either. no doubt it will increase but bitcoin is still the one.

anyhow, they'd have more headaches this time. as if bitcoin isn't confusing enough, there are more crypto currencies offering the same features like SDC and they should be monitoring it by now before it flew.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:41:15 AM

i think this is all part of the FBI's ongoing battle against darknet markets and since Monero has such direct links to it,

obviously we don't know the volumes, but i was under the impression that monero is only being used in a couple of places and probably not a great deal either. no doubt it will increase but bitcoin is still the one.

anyhow, they'd have more headaches this time. as if bitcoin isn't confusing enough, there are more crypto currencies offering the same features like SDC and they should be monitoring it by now before it flew.

You guys are skipping over the point here.. DARK MARKET ACTIVITY .

flipme

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:41:26 AM

I bolded the important part for you. You claim not to know what I mean, and then assert that I have used Monero for criminal purposes--your mistake. My point is that good money (like cash and Monero) is indifferent to whether you use it for legal or illegal activities, but only needs to be fungible to allow you the choice.

In the case of Monero, it has been promoted as a better replacement for Bitcoin for mostly criminal purposes, and its success is bound to that fact. Fungibility is just a pretext, all criminals have them.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 03:51:44 AM

In the case of Monero, it has been promoted as a better replacement for Bitcoin for mostly criminal purposes, and its success is bound to that fact. Fungibility is just a pretext, all criminals have them.

Fungibility is a property--all technologies have them.

flipme

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:26:39 AM

Really? And now you want to claim in all seriousness that Monero's success was due to it being fungible, or what?
Go ahead man, take another hit from your crack pipe and try again.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:29:02 AM

Oh the butthurt in this thread.

I guess if the FBI thinks it is something they need to pay attention to, that would then legitimize the technology behind Monero eh?

Looks like Dash/ZCASH ain't much of a worry for the FBI it would appear.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:32:05 AM

if the transactions are not connected to child porn, arm's dealership and drugs. There are nothing to worry about.
How do you prove that they aren't?
Monero is made for crime basically, it will never be allowed to succeed by the powers that be.

Bitcoin at least allows an online 'papertrail', Monero has as its USP something that will ultimately make it unusable by the wider public!

No, that's incorrect... Monero was created for privacy.

Privacy != criminality

Privacy does have its positives in protecting one from being targeted for ransom or targeted advertisements based on your spending habits or competitors knowing who your suppliers are.

This whole idea of privacy is only for criminals is like saying all people who take a shit with the door closed are criminals.

IF that is the case get rid of your doors, locks, curtains, and all passwords to all of your accounts. Make your password [BLANK]. Oh and then after all that post your bank statements on the internet for all to see if privacy is only for criminals.

Monero allows user opted transparency via the view key.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:43:30 AM

Lets try to stay on topic, shall we.
I know thats asking a lot from Icey .. but still...

The topic of the FBI's scrutiny of Monero invites discussion of why they are not giving a shit about and scrutinizing Dash.

The question of the value of informing 150 law students about Monero (and what it would cost Dash to do the same) is also relevant.

Which I reckon Evan and the cult have tried to consider getting the attention of TPTB to look at dash and how that would be positive for dash. Also the costs to get such a "showing" in dog and pony show lol.

It cost 0 for Monero to get the attention of the FBI.

ZEEEE ROW

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 04:43:45 AM

Really? And now you want to claim in all seriousness that Monero's success was due to it being fungible, or what?
Go ahead man, take another hit from your crack pipe and try again.

You're not arguing my point, you are intimating that Monero's success is due to darkmarkets, which may or may not be true. My point is that good money has to be fungible and fungibility is a property--in this case a technological property of Monero. Do you disagree that fungibility is a technological property? Are you arguing that Monero is only used illicit activities? Those are points I can argue, the rest is hand wavy moralizing and faulty assertions on your part.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: