Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal  (Read 1589 times)
JimmyFL (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:44:05 PM

Hi,

im waiting for my bank withdrawal from MtGox since 10 days (+-600e). Is it normal situation or not? Thank U Smiley

ps: im only allowed to post in here, so please move it to the right section...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul89273

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:51:10 PM

Have you verified your account i.e. sent scans of passport and a utility bill etc?
bitcoinscanada

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:55:13 PM

Wow, that's not great service..
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:11:22 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 10:09:42 PM by agentbluescreen

I honestly beleive that we are just at the tip of an MF Global type (gold derivatives exchange that failed last year stealing millions in 'segregated' client assets) epidemic among Bitcoin exchanges that got caught with their pants down during the BTC crash last Thursday.

You see a Bitcoin is simply a derivative that only represents the LOOT that the guy that you got it off, got out of you for it, and made off with. It is a fiat "futures derivative contract" that arguably has some but really has no certain value/worth.

Like a "gold contract' or "mortgage backed security' (love that last word) derivative it is a "BTC Futures Contract" that merely allows you to keep, transfer it in, transfer it around or transfer it somewhere else to resell it there for whatever it may seem to be worth to the next guy, a minimum of an hour from now.

Now if the exchange you have an account with was dealing honestly on the up and up it should religiously keep all client funds in segregated client accounts THAT IT DOES NOT TOUCH nor ever figure into it's own net earned assets nor gross daily "take". It should immediately convert all transactions in real time and transfer all cash funds from buyers accounts to sellers accounts, removing it's fees only. It will have ZERO problems conducting business as usual any more than it ever did taking in, trading and paying out your money on the way up. Your account is your property, not theirs.

But if the "Exchange" has been "reserve bankstering" they may think it advantageous to delay redemption trades or simply "reserve" cash floats (minimize their bank balances, reported gross) by keeping client asked-converted-cash tied up along with client bid-spent funds in the "lay around" medium that profits them most, meaning they keep most all of their day to day "floats" in (rising) appreciating/deflating Bitcoin Futures instead of letting much lie around in real (stable) cash. This way they get to play the game with "money" that's not theirs (steal) and pocket the gains, not waiting for client bid trades, while clients wait for them to debit deposits to accounts or to pay them cash withdrawals out of fresh cash  or BTC arriving daily from new depositors.

To simplify, imagine they just take (and keep on taking) all the (spare) loot they get their hands on and buy themselves one huge commingled "reserve" pool of BTC with it. Then, always later, clients must just buy and sell from them within their own "reserve" pool. You loan them your loot for free, later, they then lend you an account for fees. They get to trade and make/take the profits off their commingled "reserve" of Bitcoins ASAP all the time. You get to Convert "your" (still theirs) Bitcoins in and out of their pool for fees, and you (on your comfy recliner on their pool deck) also get to lend them your converted loot for free until they are good and ready to pay you back so you can go home to shower.

Thus, after a huge crash a negligently managed Exchange just lost itself and all it's clients a boatload of value, needs to hire a new "emergency trading team" and suddenly can't even pay withdrawals, claiming that "they are urgently hiring and training more people due to volume" or that they were "overloaded" or that they have "too many emails" and "annoyingly dumb customers" to "get back" to.

If you withdrew funds on Wednesday night and your exchange used to normally take their good old 2 days time to put money back into your bank and they don't answer the phone or any emails and you now suddenly see 4 days gone by and your withdrawal order hasn't even been sent by them yet (today at 4) and they posted a last Friday lunch break News statement like:

April 12, 2013, 12:39 p.m. - *** IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE - CLICK HERE ***

We are responding to every e-mail and voice-mail and currently have a list of 400 customers to get back to due to the high volatility. We have also just hired 6 more staff dedicated to customer service and account verifications. The most common inquires we get are from people failing to read the Deposits and Withdraw Funds link above fully. We also have a youtube video Depositing with XxxxXx, please watch this video as well as the trading video on our channel by clicking on the youtube icon above. If you have made a cash deposit you MUST have a corresponding open deposit request shown on Deposit Funds when logged into your account, this involves pressing DEPOSIT and then CONFIRM on the next page. We do not process RUSH cash deposits, we have a dedicated team processing cash throughout the day. EMT's have been disabled due to the xxx closure, we are taking steps to re-enable them with different banks and payment providers with much higher limits in the coming weeks, in the meantime unverified users can withdraw via direct deposit and by filling in their banking information. There is an up to 5 business day delay on receiving a direct deposit to your bank account. If you sent BTC to your XxxxXx account and you have 6 confirmations with no balance increase  Grin please logout and then back in. Please be assured that we are working as hard as we can to hire resources, get back to every customer inquiry and decrease processing times for all payments.

In spite of the fact that their Terms of service indicate:

Direct Deposit to your Bank Account

If you have a Canadian bank account you can enter it via the Banking Information page when you are logged in. You can then initiate a request for withdrawal that will be directly deposited into your Canadian bank account. If the next day is a business day, the cut off time for direct deposits is 10PM MST. All deposits received before this cutoff will be deposited in your account within 1-2 business days. Note that weekends and bank holidays are not considered business days and each bank has different delays. In rare cases, it may take longer than 2 days.

...and you've also clearly noticed in the past that they never ever seemed to have had any problems with withdrawals before  when all the same "volatility" was going up  I'll give you three guesses what is going on with your withdrawn money, and those Bitcoins that are now mysteriously "getting lost" on their way into their accounts....

Roll Eyes

cicero12

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:15:48 PM

To get my fiat out of bitcoin, I link my bank account to coinbase, then send my bitcoins to them, and sell at market for a direct deposit. Works well; Im a little bit paranoid about security so I only have coins in coinbase when I intend on selling them off.
JimmyFL (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:18:53 AM

Have you verified your account i.e. sent scans of passport and a utility bill etc?

Yes, I have a verified account... Since quite a long time... I just verified my accound and still nothing  Undecided
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:39:23 AM

waiting aswell

god i hope they have the funds and this isnt a scam
bampf

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:46:57 AM

Does anyone know how long getting your dwolla verified as a withdraw method usually takes?
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

waiting aswell

Well, obviously, tracking their net positions, they halted trading, covered and resumed trading at what seems to be working at a support level, so hopefully everything will be fine, but a bit of patience with them would probably be not too much to ask. They could have just "MF Globalled".

Hopefully history will record that this crash was a pivotal global economic event, as it seems that the Tory Federal Reserve Gold Pharaoh Mensheviks, flush with their countless boatloads of worthless We-Owe-Them Note "quantitative counterfeit" scrip, seem to have moved in on the BTC-Securitized Derivative Contracts to stake their Bilderberg Masters out a big position in Our gold-killing, highly utilitarian and versatile new digital Medium of Labour-Exchange Currency, by hostile takeover, and just decided to perform a little "stress test" on it before they move in on the Reserve Exchanges for the final kill.

Then they hope to grab an enslavement monopoly on it like the one they have long enjoyed and on gold, which will surely be obsoleted by it.

agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:23:30 PM

waiting aswell

I'm really certain they got my funds, though...

The withdrawal my exchange is holding-out on processing since last wednesday is now enough money to own 4X the BTC I ever traded with it.
mattmcegg

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:58:08 PM

Contact them their customer service is usually pretty decent.
Bryan792

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:35:07 AM

Ya when they're not busy
MrBudgens

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:48:03 AM

So you're saying they're running a Ponzi scheme, sort of?
rtgornik

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:59:06 AM

Keep us posted with info on how long it takes to withdraw.
vedmaka

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 12:59:49 AM

received my funds in 2 days (ru)
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:08:19 AM

who knows, all ok with withdraw to OKPAY ? how much time to wait ? fee ?
JimmyFL (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:37:36 PM

MtGOx answer:

Hello,
Due to our daily bank withdrawal limit on our Polish account, all withdrawals are queued and will be processed according
to the queue. Once your queue is reached, the withdrawal will be processed and I will update you on this. Our apologies once
again for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks,
MtGox.com Team
jfhoff

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:26:40 PM

I'm having a similar problem...
I've been verified at Mt. Gox since last August -- they even sent me a free Yubikey, and it's functional -- but I have been withdrawing my BTC funds into my personal cold storage. They have placed a BTC100 per day limit on my withdrawals (even though their records show that I'm verified). After I made withdrawals for several days, suddenly they declared that my "account is currently pending review" and referred me to the verification page. I tried to resubmit verification documents (they already had my passport & utility bill from last August), and got error messages that didn't allow me to continue. After a day of that, I finally got a message that my application was in the queue -- and I'm currently number 26820 in line! After a day, my position hasn't moved. I sent a message via their "contact us" page, and also to "alm@mtgox.com", but to no avail.
This doesn't look good...
andy-bc

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:29:48 PM

MtGOx answer:

Hello,
Due to our daily bank withdrawal limit on our Polish account, all withdrawals are queued and will be processed according
to the queue. Once your queue is reached, the withdrawal will be processed and I will update you on this. Our apologies once
again for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks,
MtGox.com Team

10 days is nothing, really. PLN withdrawals to Polish accounts take usually 2 or (more often) 3 full weeks to complete.
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

I'm having the same problem with VertEx (www.cavertex.com) here in Canada. I never had any problems making withdrawals from not deposits to them within 2 days they promise before.

Despite once having very high hopes and respect for it and it's products, I must strongly suspect this "trading exchange" to be a dangerous fly by night operation, commingling client funds with their own and operating a backdoor, backroom high risk pooled resources Bitcoin middleman-reserve speculation operation behind the illusion of a delayed and sandboxed pseudo Bitcoin trading exchange for clients.

Despite charging high fees unless you engage in lots of speculative churning over time or deal in large amounts their BTC:CAD rates are always comfortably higher for them than those you'll find on Mt Gox, a consistent "spread" which speaks to additional skimming.

They promise a 2 day maximum wait for near-instant Pre-Authourized bank deposits or withdrawals and have exhibited no problem with remotely withdrawing money from my TD bank account within minutes. Then it mysteriously "gets lost" for up to two days before it finally appears in my supposedly "segregated client account". Withdrawals from them to my Pre-Authorized TD bank account also endure these extra day long delays.

After the crash of BTC from $280 to $50 the other day things have suddenly changed. I got out of the market with a small gain in time early the morning of the Apr. 11th and ordered my cash withdrawal at 12:30 AM Thursday but apparently they did/could not get out at all.

Then, suddenly during lunch time on Friday (when the Thursday withdrawal should have well already have been processed they announced that they are "hiring 6 new people for customer service" and are "very busy due to volatility" and behind on even "answering up to 400 email complaints" from customers. Still nobody answers the phone nor any emails or any phone messages. Buried in the bottom of their hiring announcement a new wrinkle appears, suddenly:

"There is an up to 5 business day delay on receiving a direct deposit to your bank account"

The timing of this (a free weekend for them) means that nobody is going to answer your phone calls or emails while you wait now for up to 7 days to get your money which they are no doubt using, trying desperately to speculate themselves out of a colossal hole they dug themselves by making big pharaoh gambles with stolen customer's money in the backroom!

Will they pay their bills? Who knows? This afternoon if my withdrawal order is still there unfilled I'm calling the cops.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: