Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoiners: Idea to make Litecoin importance skyrocket in Bitcoin ecosystem  (Read 13321 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:12:00 AM

This is a terrible idea in my opinion. You're basically using Litecoin to protect Bitcoin(Maybe your business?) from what? ASICs? Double spends? 51% attack? Not only does this make Litecoin a slave to Bitcoin, there's no benefit for Litecoin with this idea.

Sorry Simran, but I disagree with this. This would make Litecoin more widely adopted among Bitcoiners, and thus increasing its value exponentially. I think increasing the value of Litecoin would be beneficial to Litecoiners, no?

I think the problem is that this would be very complicated to implement, not only on a technical level, but also because some of the old school bitcoiners/devs might not be agreeable to turning their competitor into their business partner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

This would make Litecoin more widely adopted among Bitcoiners, and thus increasing its value exponentially.

I couldn't care less about other bitcoiners. What matters is the general public.  I guess we'll find out when it hits gox in less then two weeks.  No need to panic now.

Keep calm everyone.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:25:55 AM

This would make Litecoin more widely adopted among Bitcoiners, and thus increasing its value exponentially.

I couldn't care less about other bitcoiners. What matters is the general public.  I guess we'll find out when it hits gox in less then two weeks.  No need to panic now.

Keep calm everyone.

Well... IMO, Bitcoiners are inherently more likely to use Litecoins because they are already well versed in the way that crypto currencies work, making them a prime target market for the expansion of the Litecoin community. The know how to make a paper wallet, they know how to mine, they know how to exchange, etc. They would be able to fit right in immediately. Smiley

And of course I'd like to see many new Litecoiners from the general public as well, but to just brush off the largest user base of crypto currencies (Bitcoiners) is a bit absurd.
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:30:01 AM

I couldn't care less about other bitcoiners. What matters is the general public.  I guess we'll find out when it hits gox in less then two weeks.  No need to panic now.

Keep calm everyone.

Well... IMO, Bitcoiners are inherently more likely to use Litecoins because they are already well versed in the way that crypto currencies work, making them a prime target market for the expansion of the Litecoin community. The know how to make a paper wallet, they know how to mine, they know how to exchange, etc. They would be able to fit right in immediately. Smiley

And of course I'd like to see many new Litecoiners from the general public as well, but to just brush off the largest user base of crypto currencies (Bitcoiners) is a bit absurd.

My take.  Bitcoiners have dismissed LTC since it's inception.  What they need is a swift kick in the ass to help them out.  I'm not dismissing them.  Only I have given up on their blinders, (I.E. there is only one gold.. there is only one currency, et cetera, et cetera)  Until we see serious investment from the general public and we will once ltc hits gox, we wont see them on board.  After that.... sure.

But this will all happen organically.  Not forced... Just wait and watch.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:37:31 AM

But this will all happen organically.  Not forced... Just wait and watch.

I agree
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:49:53 AM

This is a terrible idea in my opinion. You're basically using Litecoin to protect Bitcoin(Maybe your business?) from what? ASICs? Double spends? 51% attack? Not only does this make Litecoin a slave to Bitcoin, there's no benefit for Litecoin with this idea.

Sorry Simran, but I disagree with this. This would make Litecoin more widely adopted among Bitcoiners, and thus increasing its value exponentially. I think increasing the value of Litecoin would be beneficial to Litecoiners, no?

I think the problem is that this would be very complicated to implement, not only on a technical level, but also because some of the old school bitcoiners/devs might not be agreeable to turning their competitor into their business partner.

The result wanted for Litecoin can be achieved organically. This modification isn't needed for the result wanted.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:52:09 AM

The result wanted for Litecoin can be achieved organically. This modification isn't needed for the result wanted.
no one NEEDS anything but why the fuck not act like fucking grown ups for once and stop fighting over whose's fucking dick is bigger and collaborate towards something beneficial for everyone ?
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:33:23 AM

no one NEEDS anything but why the fuck not act like fucking grown ups for once and stop fighting over whose's fucking dick is bigger and collaborate towards something beneficial for everyone ?

Well said with all the childish language. lol. Not.

Op's proposal benefits bitcoin only.  It automatically makes LTC the "lesser" coin.  Unless Gavin himself says that they will introduce LTC support along with LTC's commitment to support BTC.  I see ZERO reason to even entertain op's proposal.

Sorry but in this world it's kill or be killed.  BTC needs LTC support much more than LTC needs Bitcoin.  That is what we in the real world call leverage.  It's not some stupid silver LTC coin that anyone can make.  Sorry OP but you are about to go the way of the dinosaur.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:34:50 AM

Simran = the new CoinHunter

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 03:37:28 AM

Op's proposal benefits bitcoin only.  It automatically makes LTC the "lesser" coin.  Unless Gavin himself says that they will introduce LTC support along with LTC's commitment to support BTC.  I see ZERO reason to even entertain op's proposal.

Sorry but in this world it's kill or be killed.  BTC needs LTC support much more than LTC needs Bitcoin.  That is what we in the real world call leverage.  It's not some stupid silver LTC coin that anyone can make.  Sorry OP but you are about to go the way of the dinosaur.

Cheesy

Simran = the new CoinHunter

Sure, but this time for a better coin, not that scam shit.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:44:16 AM

I am aware of those facts.

However, I believe you missed the part where I explicitly stated the qualifier "malicious".

Detecting a reorg is trivial. Determining whether it is an okay reorg or a "bad" reorg does not seem so.

There's nothing suspicious about a chain 7 blocks long suddenly appearing on the network after an hour, with nobody else reporting it until then?  And in the meantime blocks are being relayed every ten minutes by other miners?  Really? Roll Eyes

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:30:12 AM

ad hominem attacks?really?sigh.Whatever, dude, be the thickest dumbfuck ever.Be fucking blinded by your own ignorance. Be fucking stupid. keep it up. Continue to ignore the obvious benefits to everyone here. Continue with this "us vs them" retarded fourth grade mentality. Keep it up.

go right on ahead being a dumbfuck.
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:40:34 AM

Litecoin, a Bitcoin slave, begins by demanding justice and ends by wanting to wear a crown.

Lol, damn, wish I wouldn't have missed this one.

Litecoin isn't asking anything.  Litecoin just is and is holding value well, on it's own, at least compared to btc and actually gaining ltc/btc wise.

ITT, I see a well known bitcoiner demanding something before he does anything for ltc (which is nothing new).  Too bad for him.  LTC is going to the upper leagues without his demands being met.  It's btc that needs ltc.  Never forget that.

We don't need or want him here.  His proposal benefits BTC only making LTC immediately less than BTC.  Period.
bitcoiners

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:41:35 AM

ad hominem attacks?really?sigh.Whatever, dude, be the thickest dumbfuck ever.Be fucking blinded by your own ignorance. Be fucking stupid. keep it up. Continue to ignore the obvious benefits to everyone here. Continue with this "us vs them" retarded fourth grade mentality. Keep it up.

go right on ahead being a dumbfuck.

And to ignore you go...  Wow, child.  Mom never washed your mouth out?

Cheers!
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:51:53 AM

Any serious discussion of the topic ought to go into a new thread.  My OP has been heard loud and clear by those to whom it would matter.  If the opinion of most Litecoiners (I doubt this) is that the idea really makes a "bitch" out of LTC, then the idea is DOA I suppose.  I don't mean to come to Litecoiners and dump on Litecoins (freedom means freedom to create and promote your own alt coins after all, my rightful prerogative is limited to not owning any) so... unless someone brings up the topic, I'm outta here.  In view of the most recent posts, I'm locking the thread, and I think you can appreciate why.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: