Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Solidcoins  (Read 1337 times)
rlh (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:07:02 PM

Dust off that old wallet and send them to me!  I'll take them.

I'm willing to trade in pretty much any currency on Vircurex.  Since 95% of my funds are in BTC, BTC will obviously get a better rate.

PM me your offer.  If your offer isn't serious, then I probably won't respond.  There is no where to sell these things now, so get rid of them while I can still take them.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

whats your angle? why do you want them?

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:42:05 PM

Easy!  When Microcash is released, I want to be prepared.  I only own about 1650 SLC and I'd like to get some more.

A lot more.

"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:21:35 PM

I'm willing to trade in pretty much any currency on Vircurex.  Since 95% of my funds are in BTC, BTC will obviously get a better rate.

PM me your offer.  If your offer isn't serious, then I probably won't respond.  There is no where to sell these things now, so get rid of them while I can still take them.

Wow,

Is it Solidcoin and Microcash time again?

~BCX~

Of course!

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:34:51 PM

I'm guessing probably not. He's been working hard on the project and I think he's going to try to leave "marketing" to others.  But, I don't know.  It's a free internet.  He might show up and talk about the project once it's ready for release.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

But, I don't know.  It's a free internet.  He might show up and talk about the project once it's ready for release.

Let's hope not.

Jorgeminator

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:50:06 PM

Wow
Exactly, what took you so long to reply on this favourite topic of yours? Besides, do you really have to use those cheesy smileys so much, you look just like a 13yo girl on yahoo msngr.  You see pal, one -> Grin <- is already more than enough.
I'm also interested in some SC, please post your best offers. rlh, you're first in line, though.
rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

Yet to receive any tak
Wow
Exactly, what took you so long to reply? Besides, do you really have to use those cheesy smileys so much, you look just like a 13yo girl on yahoo msngr.  You see pal, one -> Grin <- is already more than enough.
I'm also interested in some SC, please post your best offers. rlh, you're first in line, though.

Yet to receive any takers.  Either there are more supporters than we realize or somebodies bought most of the salable coins before Vircurex shut us down.

MAD_MAD

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:55:58 PM

I would give you mine just out of the goodness of my heart, but I am in the business of collecting dead coins, and my heart has recently run out of goodness.

So, no.
rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:40:25 PM

Maybe you try one the SC devs, they all several million they can sell.

~BCX~

I am a dev and I don't have millions.  In fact, none of the other devs that I know (old or new) have anything close to that much-- probably the most being 100k.  Wouldn't surprise me, though, if someone out there has 200-300k in an old wallet but, no, none of the devs do.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:44:00 PM

Is the blockchain still actually running?

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:44:39 PM

Yes, check it out at blockexplorer.ahimoth.com

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:45:44 PM

I am a dev and I don't have millions.  In fact, none of the other devs that I know (old or new) have anything close to that much-- probably the most being 100k.  Wouldn't surprise me, though, if someone out there has 200-300k in an old wallet but, no, none of the devs do.

uh-huh, then what happened to the 12 million plus that were part of the trusted nodes?

~BCX~

There aren't even that many coins in existence.  Source?  (No, I'm seriously asking.  Show me a source, I'd like to check it out.)

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:59:20 PM

To my knowledge, there are 3 trust node, with an option to be as many as 3.  Initially, the additional 9 were to be assigned to the first members of the community to acquire 1 million SLC.

I have done my research.  I got into the community, oh.... 18-20 months ago and I was new right after the SLC2.0 transition.  I watched for a while before I began to mine.  I got a few blocks when they were handing out about 20/block but then were reduced to .05/block.  I was a bit disappointed but that was the choice of the devs and some members of the community.

Discussions continued and the total amount needed for a trust node reduced to about 100k, possibly less, if I remember.

So, from what I've observed (and their was a total-existing SLC counter, on some site long ago) there are not 12 million coins.  There are about 4 million and many of them are lost or sitting in dormant wallets.

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

To my knowledge, there are 3 trust node, with an option to be as many as 3.  Initially, the additional 9 were to be assigned to the first members of the community to acquire 1 million SLC.

I have done my research.  I got into the community, oh.... 18-20 months ago and I was a new right after the SLC2.0 transition.  I watched for a while before I began to mine.  I got a few blocks when they were handing out about 20/block but then were reduced to .05/block.

Discussions continued and the total needed for a trust node reduced to about 100k, possibly less if I remember.

So, from what I've observed (and their was a total-existing SLC counter, on some site long ago) there are not 12 million coins.  There are about 4 million if my memory serves me correctly.

Yep I agree with you, the structure of SC changed on a daily basis. Just how was any miner supposed to acquire 1 million coins to "buy into" a trusted node at 0.05/block ? You didn't answer the question though, where are all the coins that Trusted Nodes and CPF held?

~BCX~

Not afraid to answer that question at all.  Coinhunter owns at least one (if not all) of the trust nodes, but from my analysis he only owns about 60k (personally) and he controls some 130k, which is part of the CPF, or, the fund that is used to reward people who meet bounties.  Yes, there hasn't been a bounty in along time but the money in that account hasn't moved around.  So, there hasn't been monkey business, if there was going to be.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:41:48 PM

The trust nodes.

That nobody trusts.  Cheesy

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:45:40 PM

Not afraid to answer that question at all.  Coinhunter owns at least one (if not all) of the trust nodes, but from my analysis he only owns about 60k (personally) and he controls some 130k, which is part of the CPF, or, the fund that is used to reward people who meet bounties.  Yes, there hasn't been a bounty in along time but the money in that account hasn't moved around.  So, there hasn't been monkey business, if there was going to be.

Well this is certainly the first ever admission that CH in fact does own the trusted nodes. So let's pretend there were only three trusted nodes with 1 Million each, his supposed personal 60K SC and the 130K from the CPF.

Totals about 3,180,000 Solidcoins that Coinhunter has direct control over.

~BCX~

First, I do not know, for a fact, if CoinHunter even owns 1.  I've talked with him a lot about this, and I can't say he does or doesn't.  Second, I do want to say that if he does own any of them, he started the process, ergo, he was exempt from the "must have 1 million coins rule."  This makes since, only because the network needed to have a few nodes distributed across the network for DDoS protection.

So, he may control them (but I'm still not sure if he does) but it does not mean he owns 3.2 Million coins.

Also, he's never said he didn't have control of the 130k for the CPF.  It's been around a long time, and it hasn't been touched, except for old bounties.  We've discussed what to do with this money, going forward and someone, who shall remain unnamed, actually considered destroying them.

rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:46:43 PM

Got to go guys.  Will be back around tomorrow.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

Who cares about SolidCoin? The bigger scam chain right now is NovaCoin.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
rlh (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:02:58 PM

Who cares about SolidCoin? The bigger scam chain right now is NovaCoin.

I do!  Interesting, my request to buy Solidcoins has generated quite a bit of discussion but yet no one has been willing to sell.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: