Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could create a Bitcoin...  (Read 559 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:08:17 PM

Digital coins might be difficult to develop for amateur coders or simply eat up to much time in development, however that does not mean we cant think up our own creations! So if you could create a coin, right now what would it be? The suggestions do not have to be practical or realistic, all I ask is that you do not promote any actual coin you might be working on or any pre-existing coins already out there. Obviously a good idea would be to come up with a name but additional ideas such as proof of work, mining alternatives and so on will help complete your coin's vision. Smiley

I guess I will start off. My coin would be...

Spacecoin
To begin with people will need to start obtaining Spacecoin's, a night out with a telescope would be necessary in order to observe the skies. The idea is to find and spot new objects in the nights sky such as asteroids and even obscure planets, to be honest this might have high a difficulty (im not an astronomer), but I like the idea of people earning just from looking out into the universe and enjoying the outdoors. Plus not only would findings help advance science, but no energy would be consumed. Anyway and interesting sights could be reported and if confirmed to be a new finding you get a Spacecoin, perhaps larger findings = larger payouts. I just thought of this idea while writing the thread so it is a little random, I don't even own a telescope lol.

Maybe you could even take ownership of the found object (the aliens wont mind), and sell the object as a commodity. So say I find an asteroid and I call it 'Bob the asteroid', I can then sell Bob to someone else, Bob would be the gold equivalent of the FIAT system. Also if the asteroid happens to be hurtling towards Earth then its value could rise in value exponentially due to public interest(fear) Cheesy.

So what is your idea?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:28:20 PM

Ralph Bob, meet Alice:

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:29:24 PM

Botcoin: the coin of choice by our machine overlords.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

Plus not only would findings help advance science, but no energy would be consumed.

Unless, of course, it takes off, then people will be investing in bigger and bigger telescopes.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:40:21 PM

Plus not only would findings help advance science, but no energy would be consumed.

Unless, of course, it takes off, then people will be investing in bigger and bigger telescopes.

Do keep in mind that everything you do - even breathing - consumes energy.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:41:31 PM

Suncoin:  The coin that is mined with the sun.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:42:26 PM

Do keep in mind that everything you do - even breathing - consumes energy.

BreathMintCoin comes to mind now.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:42:33 PM

I don't see any of you guys thinking up better coins! I mentioned energy consumption relative to the current GPU mining, I did consider the fact people might spend more time driving to locations though lol. Another coin idea I had was Bankercoin, you gain Bankercoin's by throwing rocks at bankers and recording video as proof of work. The larger the object the more you earn, it is a kill two birds with one stone kind of scenario.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:43:25 PM

Coincoin: the coin you use to buy other coins.

Anonymouss

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:38:42 PM

PostCoin: The more you post the more you coin! Could you imagine?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:42:14 PM

PostCoin: The more you post the more you coin! Could you imagine?

I don't know if I'm comfortable with Phinnaeus being the richest man alive...

uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:42:51 PM

I think the mods would approve.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: