Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Paymium really hacked? Or are they running a scam? Latter appearing likely.  (Read 7125 times)
pyedpyper (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:05:30 AM

He showed that file, but I can't tell if it is a real one or not...

http://www.e-ducat.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/recepisse-declaration-Paymium-BEFTI-avril2013-4.pdf

Can't access...

Can you also provide a link to where he communicated that that information was available?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:19:42 AM

I don't have any trouble seeing the file.

http://hebergement-pdf.com/mypdf.php?n=630
pyedpyper (OP)

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:22:40 AM

Can see it now - thanks.

Did Boussac post a link to this in the forums?

How did you come to find this?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:25:18 AM

http://www.e-ducat.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/recepisse-declaration-Paymium-BEFTI-avril2013-4.pdf

Can't access...

Can you also provide a link to where he communicated that that information was available?

I can access it.  It gives an incident number so it should be easy to verify its authenticity.

One worrying thing about the report is that it says the intrusion occurred between 1 March 2013 and 31 March 2013 - which suggests they don't know exactly when it happened.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:33:54 AM

The crooks never sleep and neither does Clouseau.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:10:52 AM

Can't access...

I can access it.  It gives an incident number so it should be easy to verify its authenticity.

One worrying thing about the report is that it says the intrusion occurred between 1 March 2013 and 31 March 2013 - which suggests they don't know exactly when it happened.

Obviously, he just put it up, for Google has yet to index it as they've done with previous /wp-content/ urls of his site.

The bastard doesn't even have the balls (because they're tiny French ones) to come here and let the community know he put it up. The same community that he's profited from and wants to stick it up our asses.

So, the crime happened between March 1 and March 30. That really narrowed it down for the police department. Speaking of which, this is not really the police department, but an agency that acts as a liaison of sorts for internet related crimes. (at least that's the best I can ascertain what they do)

I look forward to reading what somebody who speaks French learns when they call the number and sees what they can find out.

~Bruno K~
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 10:53:50 AM

@naphto: Thanks a lot for that link. At first glance, and with my limited French, it looks legitimate. Of course it could be doctored, but publicly uploading a photoshopped police document when you are a legally registered finance service provider would be a very bad idea. Also, looks like it was indeed filed with the French "cybercrime department" (not a literal translation), like Boussac said earlier.

Too bad that Paymium has a horrible way of communicating their decisions lately. A few days ago, I wrote an extremely polite (and not too long) PM to Boussac, asking for a scan of the police report, before deciding whether to open an account at bitcoin-central and transfering a substantial amount of Euro to them. Never got a reply, so I took my business to bitstamp instead. :/

@Phinnaeus: Jeez, could you perhaps dial it down, just a tad? I mean, your posts usually are pretty entertaining, but you're not helping anybody (including yourself) with your method. One moment, you're all official "Dear Mr Boussac, I politely request that you upload...", only to be followed up, in BRIGHT RED LETTERS, by something like "Hey Boussac, you fucked me in the ass and now you don't even go for a reach-around, what the hell?". I get it, responses by Paymium are frustrating (and I didn't even lose money or time to them), but it'd probably be more helpful to make up your mind if you want to address things seriously or go for a vulgar style.

@Boussac/Paymium: Your company's communication with the public is terrible.  You really need someone to do better PR for you, for example by speaking for your company on this forum. I remember that davout was pretty good at it, but he probably has more important things to do at the moment.

Please consider hiring someone for that role (communicating properly, and in time, with your customers and potential customers), or set aside some time to do it each day.

I can guarantee you, you lost several potential customers for bitcoin-central because of that problem, and it's kind of sad, because I actually like the approach you're taking with bitcoin-central, trying to legitimize bitcoin trading by registering your business in France, and partnering with aqoba.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:10:19 AM

following this  Shocked

naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:58:45 PM

Can see it now - thanks.

Boussac posted it in the French section ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179224.0 ).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 07:43:45 PM

Can see it now - thanks.

Boussac posted it in the French section ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179224.0 ).

Oddly, I replied to that post, but didn't click the link, for I thought he was just linking to the police department site again.

@Phinnaeus: Jeez, could you perhaps dial it down, just a tad? I mean, your posts usually are pretty entertaining, but you're not helping anybody (including yourself) with your method. One moment, you're all official "Dear Mr Boussac, I politely request that you upload...", only to be followed up, in BRIGHT RED LETTERS, by something like "Hey Boussac, you fucked me in the ass and now you don't even go for a reach-around, what the hell?". I get it, responses by Paymium are frustrating (and I didn't even lose money or time to them), but it'd probably be more helpful to make up your mind if you want to address things seriously or go for a vulgar style.

Noted! It's just that I don't have any experience in losing a vast amount of money before, albeit doling out over $20K due to the Bitcoinia episode, indirectly (I had no funds with them), could have prepared me for this much bigger lost, directly.

As shown, the requests were mostly civil in nature at the onset, but at some point I've went overboard. I apologize for not apologizing, and appreciate the tone used in your statement directed toward me.

As you can imagine, this episode is now taking a tow on my personal well-being, business- and health-wise, though trying to be level-headed, with resorting to logic and humor to maintain my senses, tossing in vulgarity for good measure, but seeing now it best to scale that back a tad.

Hopefully, the vulgar that's in place will act as a warning to those who come after us and deal with this unprofessional individuals. (<---note, toning it down just doesn't seem to cut the mustard)

Most here have seen this exact approach in the past, all to no avail, yet we are now being led to believe that this time it will be different--just wait 90 days, and in my case possibly a helluva lot longer.

I've spent countless hours conducting research via the internet, posting my findings so that fellow bitcoiners don't get burned, coupled with helping them hunt down certain culprits. Ironically, I was doing just that when I opted to putting my wealth in a more secure place on hold to protect others. I'm not complaining, and will continue to do it, but it's now coming at a tremendous expense.

As a reward, I'm put on ignore by a Frenchman who possibly will live a comfortable life thanks to my ignorance and inaction.

Madness!
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:11:53 PM

I can guarantee you, you lost several potential customers for bitcoin-central because of that problem, and it's kind of sad, because I actually like the approach you're taking with bitcoin-central, trying to legitimize bitcoin trading by registering your business in France, and partnering with aqoba.

Yes, there's a warning put up here for Norwegian users as well:
http://bitcoin-norge.org/w/index.php?title=Bitcoin-Central
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 12:43:16 AM

Was Paymium really hacked? Or are they running a scam? Latter appearing likely.

Hey, being a hacker is the most profitable and stress-free job in Bitcoin world. And you almost never get caught.

Being a BITCOINICA hacker is the most profitable and stress free job in the world, and you never get caught.

This post brought to you one of a handful of guys who are trying to exploit the situation of which Boussac has proven to be utmost forthcoming.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:33:25 AM

@naphto: Thanks a lot for that link. At first glance, and with my limited French, it looks legitimate. Of course it could be doctored, but publicly uploading a photoshopped police document when you are a legally registered finance service provider would be a very bad idea. Also, looks like it was indeed filed with the French "cybercrime department" (not a literal translation), like Boussac said earlier.

Too bad that Paymium has a horrible way of communicating their decisions lately. A few days ago, I wrote an extremely polite (and not too long) PM to Boussac, asking for a scan of the police report, before deciding whether to open an account at bitcoin-central and transfering a substantial amount of Euro to them. Never got a reply, so I took my business to bitstamp instead. :/

@Boussac/Paymium: Your company's communication with the public is terrible.  You really need someone to do better PR for you, for example by speaking for your company on this forum. I remember that davout was pretty good at it, but he probably has more important things to do at the moment.

Please consider hiring someone for that role (communicating properly, and in time, with your customers and potential customers), or set aside some time to do it each day.

Looks like heeding your advice didn't help either. I'm still out 1,132+ BTC (claiming 1,123+ BTC due to a lapse in memory, giving InstaWallet the benefit of the doubt).

Three wallets were submitted on the very first day that option was available, in spite of glitches. One wallet contained exactly 1,000 BTC. The second wallet contained either 132 or 123 BTC, albeit I believe it's the former, but claimed the latter. The third wallet contained exactly 0.835 BTC of which can be viewed here: https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

Neither one of those two claims are mine, and am not sure if my claim is included among those two, even though not shown publicly.

The other two IW URLs are:

https://www.instawallet.org/w/rL2DhMWW9tDvs24oFwtiq99zhh7A3ii6bg
https://www.instawallet.org/w/gZh1afVVl5aAtjNwXo0BiYChTxjwln33ab

Up until recently, I've learnt that the final part of the URL is what's considered the key, in spite of trying figure out what was meant by a key each time it was used by Team InstaWallet, namely Boussac, in the main IW threads.

I've since resubmitted claims to the two IW accounts above and have yet received a single email sent to me from anybody at InstaWallet stemming all the way back to when I first submitted all three claims.

The disputed 1Jpp... wallet I am unable to resubmit a claim, for it's locked with no such options available.

We are now 8 months out since the hack, and I was assuming that I would be returned my bitcoins at some point after the 90 day period due to the size of two of the claims, with no problem receiving the smaller wallet early on since I was one of the first, I believe, to submit a claim(s).

To date, in spite again of a myriad of requests, no InstaWallet principle has share with us who their independent auditor is/was, though there's no reason for this information to remain secret.

All three of these claims are legitimate and, according to the "block chain", as far as I can ascertain, InstaWallet has more than enough in their coffer to pay back what is rightfully mine.

This has gone on far enough, and I've held my vitriol attacks, mostly, due to the fine post of which I've quoted above. My next course of action may consist of a full dox of all principles involve in the scam section, and perhaps elsewhere, if this is not resolved immediately.

Apologies, if the above comes across as a threat, but currently I'm left with few options, seeing that I've yet received any communications from any principles of InstaWallet.

Bruno Kucinskas
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:53:26 AM

BLOCKCHAIN.COM ann

https://blog.blockchain.com/2018/09/20/blockchainio-ico-red-flag/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print