Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Explosions  (Read 14991 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 09:26:56 PM

This will definitely be blamed on Iran.  Either that or "right wing extremists" aka people who own firearms.

I just saw that a 20 year old Saudi is in custody. So here is what we have:

3 bombs with potentially + 7 more undetonated + 15 April - US tax day, * BS tensions with N. Korea = immediate full invasion of Syria and then absolute vaporization of Iran and possible N. Korea as the cherry on top. Makes sense doesn't it?
ohfuck. I had forgotten that today was taxfest.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 09:37:41 PM

Couldn't they have just dumped some boxes of tea into the harbor like proper gentlemen? This is getting ridiculous!
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 11:38:51 PM

With everyone looking to pint fingers at Iran, NK, Tea party, etc; the mooninites will surely get away with it. Clever bastards.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
wetjet43

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:10:07 AM

Quick; we need domestic drones to protect us from the terrorists!!

Undecided

I hate this country.

+1 , only it's not the country I hate. It's our GOVERNMENT, or lack of government.
Orgonix23

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:11:31 AM

Meanwhile 30 people where killed in a bombing in Afghanistan (during a wedding) today and 50+ people in deadly bombings in Iraq.  But who gives a fuck about them, when some shit goes down in MERIKA! Angry
gradient vector

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:21:26 AM

I just hope bloomberg doesn't try to link this to bitcoin. Based on their bitcoin coverage from last week you never know.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:24:00 AM

Meanwhile 30 people where killed in a bombing in Afghanistan (during a wedding) today and 50+ people in deadly bombings in Iraq.  But who gives a fuck about them, when some shit goes down in MERIKA! Angry

Millions slaughtered in the middle east?  Who gives a shit, Snooki had a fucking BABY!  Does that mean nothing to you people?!

+1 , only it's not the country I hate. It's our GOVERNMENT, or lack of government.

I'd love a lack of government Grin  Right now, we've got too too much government.  But you're right, I have nothing against this country, or its people.  I just don't like being the 99%.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:24:11 AM

Breiwik's attack on multiculturalists also were initially reported as Al-Qaeda attack. The western propaganda runs ahead of both horse and carriage.

Even as a supporter of such bombing attacks in asymmetric warfare (and USA is at war with many) I don't see the marathon as a good target to bomb. There are many international participants from nations potentially friendly to bombers who might get killed or injured as a result. There are better and just as easy targets that could win both support of population and strategic military victory when bombed. Federal government buildings, military bases or companies supplying military, political organizations opposing the bombers, the list goes on and on. Bombing of sporting event makes no sense to me.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:27:40 AM

Breiwik's attack on multiculturalists also were initially reported as Al-Qaeda attack. The western propaganda runs ahead of both horse and carriage.

Even as a supporter of such bombing attacks in asymmetric warfare (and USA is at war with many) I don't see the marathon as a good target to bomb. There are many international participants from nations potentially friendly to bombers who might get killed or injured as a result. There are better and just as easy targets that could win both support of population and strategic military victory when bombed. Federal government buildings, military bases or companies supplying military, political organizations opposing the bombers, the list goes on and on. Bombing of sporting event makes no sense to me.

Good point.  Killing random people doesn't do much good (but it does work in America's favor so they can pull more terrorist bullshit out of their ass.)  Why is it that the military is never under fire over here?  You'd figure, if anything, you'd want to do some damage to this 500+ billion dollar military.  Naw, let's just target a parade instead, because that'll show those darn evil Americans!  Undecided  This had to have been staged.  You don't simply insert bombs in a random location, completely undetected, and then "get caught".

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:35:08 AM

Good point.  Killing random people doesn't do much good (but it does work in America's favor so they can pull more terrorist bullshit out of their ass.)  Why is it that the military is never under fire over here?  You'd figure, if anything, you'd want to do some damage to this 500+ billion dollar military.  Naw, let's just target a parade instead, because that'll show those darn evil Americans!  Undecided  This had to have been staged.  You don't simply insert bombs in a random location, completely undetected, and then "get caught".
tbh, I'm surprised there was actually an explosion. Their normal routine is to grab a disaffected youth, convince him it's X/Y/Z's fault his mommy didn't get him a porsche for his 16th birthday, and tell him to call this cell number blow up an X/Y/Z event to get back at them. Of course, the cell phone number isn't attached to anything, and the whole operation's been a set-up to begin with, but hey, they "foiled a terrorist plot," so they get a nice fat bonus on the next round of appropriations.

I don't know what anyone could have hoped to achieve by blowing up a f'kin marathon, but, then, I'm sane.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:37:43 AM

I don't know what country you're in but if a bombing happens on our on soil it IS more important and more newsworthy, even if the death toll isn't as high. It would be the same as if the same type of bombing happend in England or Spain. Domestic attacks are always more important.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:45:42 AM

I don't know what country you're in but if a bombing happens on our on soil it IS more important and more newsworthy, even if the death toll isn't as high. It would be the same as if the same type of bombing happend in England or Spain. Domestic attacks are always more important.

No wonder the middle east hates us, then, 'cos we've been doing that to them every other day for the past decade.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:47:08 AM

Good point: lots of participants were international. This is a known fact about Boston Marathon. Whoever detonated the bombs, knew this, too.

Seems like a perfect target if you wish to pump up international efforts on "war on terror". Help our allies jump on board, and head towards... uhm... Iran? Syria? NK? We will know soon.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:50:04 AM

No wonder the middle east hates us, then, 'cos we've been doing that to them every other day for the past decade.

I don't know about you, but I don't even own a Predator drone, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't use it to blow up weddings. If you're doing so, I suggest you stop. It seems to be pissing them off.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:51:42 AM

I don't know about you, but I don't even own a Predator drone, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't use it to blow up weddings. If you're doing so, I suggest you stop. It seems to be pissing them off.

I see your point Grin  Also, congrats on your 8000th post Tongue

FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:24:31 AM

Well, christ. I was being sarcastic again and no one picked up on it. I seriously doubt it was N. Korea... Seriously. My suspicion is that the talking heads will blame it on N. Korea as ridiculous as it sounds.

Why? I haven't seen or heard that. Likely Islamic terrorists or domestic. Common sense points to those two, as the past has indicated that those two have happened before.

And don't bother answering why. I actually think your supposition is ridiculous - not what the media might blame it on.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:51:44 AM

Well, christ. I was being sarcastic again and no one picked up on it. I seriously doubt it was N. Korea...

I know you were bub Tongue  But it's funny how people will honestly blame NK or the middle-east for all the bad that happens in their country.

Oh, JESUS! I didn't notice your full user name until after I posted. And THAT is the truth! Fuck, now I am getting confused... I was just saying christ for effect.

Who's on first?

I still laugh whenever I watch that on YouTube.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:33:12 AM

I can't see this being Islamic terrorists. Tax day in Boston?

I'm surprised we haven't seen more speculation on the news. I would have thought they'd have been making insinuations about the tea party. It's bound to just be some nutcase like that guy who flew his little plane into that building a few years back. Though truly, the tax burden is bound to push a few people to the edge, the MO of this attack just screams "unbalanced".

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:38:35 AM

It's bound to just be some nutcase like that guy who flew his little plane into that building a few years back.

They trotted the Lead Oval Office Talking Head out for this one. It's National Security Theater designed to make the unthinking population (50%+) scared and thus more manipulable.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:23:18 AM

I can't see this being Islamic terrorists. Tax day in Boston?

I'm surprised we haven't seen more speculation on the news. I would have thought they'd have been making insinuations about the tea party. It's bound to just be some nutcase like that guy who flew his little plane into that building a few years back. Though truly, the tax burden is bound to push a few people to the edge, the MO of this attack just screams "unbalanced".

That incident was in Austin, TX.  He flew it into the IRS office.  The building was totaled from the fire.  I drove by there as a matter of routine.
He gave up, and lost all his options.  Never give up.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: