Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Explosions  (Read 14993 times)
NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:37:39 AM

Non stop vision vision of the events in Boston on tv all day here in Adelaide, regardless of the cynicism expressed in the above posts, some idiot or collection of idiots has once again seen fit to kill innocent people in order to vent their spleen or further their misbegotten causes.

My sympathy to ALL Americans, my condolences to victims families.
batcoin (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:36:24 AM

Well, christ. I was being sarcastic again and no one picked up on it. I seriously doubt it was N. Korea... Seriously. My suspicion is that the talking heads will blame it on N. Korea as ridiculous as it sounds.

Why? I haven't seen or heard that. Likely Islamic terrorists or domestic. Common sense points to those two, as the past has indicated that those two have happened before.

And don't bother answering why. I actually think your supposition is ridiculous - not what the media might blame it on.

My point was that common sense often isn't used when things like this happens. (Let alone the fact that whoever did it also didn't use any common sense.)

The time stamp might be worth looking at too... I made that post nearly 7.5 hours before yours - during the time that shit was just getting out about it. People are gonna speculate on how things will unfold.

Why did you ask me why? Please, don't bother answering why.

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:26:28 AM

It has always occured strange to me that after incidents like this, police, millitary and other security forces are on high alert, and patroling the area with heavy armed officers. Everyone knows that this always happens. So if anyone does anything nefarious, they'll make damn sure they get away as quickly as possible, and preferrably have a bomb that they can set off remotely. I understand the police needs to be alert, but I always find the overreaction in such cases mildly amusing.

I read that SWAT teams are guarding the streets as much as 10 blocks away from the scene of the bomb, I guess if anything actually happened, the local authorities would get critisism for not having better security, but really - isn't this just trying to close the stall door after the horse has gone ?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 08:54:54 AM

Meanwhile 30 people where killed in a bombing in Afghanistan (during a wedding) today and 50+ people in deadly bombings in Iraq.  But who gives a fuck about them, when some shit goes down in MERIKA! Angry

Millions slaughtered in the middle east?  Who gives a shit, Snooki had a fucking BABY!  Does that mean nothing to you people?!

+1 , only it's not the country I hate. It's our GOVERNMENT, or lack of government.

I'd love a lack of government Grin  Right now, we've got too too much government.  But you're right, I have nothing against this country, or its people.  I just don't like being the 99%.

It's worse than that. Psy has a new video out that in my opinion sucks, yet has had 77 million plus views in two days, but here we are in this forum structuring a system to make their lives better and 99,999999% of those viewers could give a shit.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:45:28 AM

It's worse than that. Psy has a new video out that in my opinion sucks, yet has had 77 million plus views in two days, but here we are in this forum structuring a system to make their lives better and 99,999999% of those viewers could give a shit.

I saw someone saying something to that effect on youtube recently, there was a documentary about monetary systems, and a user said, well - only 110000 views, and a video where some silly girl is drunk on a reality show gets 7 million views.

It only goes to show that most people don't care about anything but existing. They've been  conditioned into thinking that working and providing for their family is all there is. And outside of that they just seek entertainment, they're not interested in political stuff. That's difficult - and difficult - people don't like that.

These are the same masses that are duped by huge PR campaigns and political campaigns before elections.

If everyone straightend up and said: Damn it, I will support the banking system no more, and everybody started accepting bitcoin, then the farmer could take bitcoins for his eggs, he could pay the gas station owner for bitcoins buying his gas, the gas station owner could buy bread from the bakery with bitcoins, and the owner of the bakery could buy eggs from the farmer with the bitcoins. Thus a local economy could be sustained with bitcoin only.

And yes, the most recent PSY video sucks balls. His first one was great, but now it seems like he thinks he's a success no matter what he does, so he just does random shit. Nice asian chicks though.
JimmiesForBitcoins

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:07:49 AM

Meanwhile 30 people where killed in a bombing in Afghanistan (during a wedding) today and 50+ people in deadly bombings in Iraq.  But who gives a fuck about them, when some shit goes down in MERIKA! Angry
Am I the only person in the US who can admit that they don't actually care about what's going on in either of these places? I'm so sick of hearing about this crap that I'm actually annoyed by the coverage.

I mean, I hate war and death, yes. But I have no more emotional investment into the concept of 'murica than I do the middle east. It's horrible and all, and yeah I'd rather it not be happening, but it's outside of my control and not even within the realm of my interests. Why should I give some sort of traumatic emotional response to something I'm not at all invested in?

I live in a country that accounts for nearly half of the world's total military spending, so why should I be surprised that there's feedback from our conquests?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:43:27 PM

It's worse than that. Psy has a new video out that in my opinion sucks,

Link?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:47:37 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 03:14:15 PM by Rassah

It only goes to show that most people don't care about anything but existing. They've been  conditioned into thinking that working and providing for their family is all there is. And outside of that they just seek entertainment, they're not interested in political stuff. That's difficult - and difficult - people don't like that.

These are the same masses that are duped by huge PR campaigns and political campaigns before elections.

This here is pretty much why I agree with the other thread, that compares Bitcoin to Galt's Gulch from Atlas Shrug, and think that the best, and possibly only, option for us is to just slowly migrate into bitcoin by ourselves, away from the established banking and political system, and leave everyone to their own stupid shit. Easy enough when BTC aren't taxed, aren't restricted, and are easy enough to take with you to other countries and trade for cash there.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:12:39 PM

This here is pretty much why I agree with the other thread, that compares Bitcoin to John's Gulch from Atlas Shrug, and think that the best, and possibly only, option for us is to just slowly migrate into bitcoin by ourselves, away from the established banking and political system, and leave everyone to their own stupid shit. Easy enough when BTC aren't taxed, aren't restricted, and are easy enough to take with you to other countries and trade for cash there.

John's Gulch from Atlas Shrug? You need to stop buying your books from those discount outlets Wink

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 03:14:45 PM

John Gulch from Atlas Shrug? You need to stop buying your books from those discount outlets Wink

Doh! Fixed. Thanks.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:15:20 PM

John Gulch from Atlas Shrug? You need to stop buying your books from those discount outlets Wink

Doh! Fixed. Thanks.

1/2 fixed.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 03:17:16 PM

This here is pretty much why I agree with the other thread, that compares Bitcoin to John's Gulch from Atlas Shrug, and think that the best, and possibly only, option for us is to just slowly migrate into bitcoin by ourselves, away from the established banking and political system, and leave everyone to their own stupid shit. Easy enough when BTC aren't taxed, aren't restricted, and are easy enough to take with you to other countries and trade for cash there.

John's Gulch from Atlas Shrug? You need to stop buying your books from those discount outlets Wink

Lol... are the Chinese doing knock-offs of poorly written political fiction now?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:22:48 PM

Those who study bombers have found a strong correlation between bombings and timing. That makes the date an important clue. Yesterday was tax day in America and patriot day in Boston. Boston is also the cradle of the American revolution.

My theory is that this was an act of domestic terrorism. Linked to the "sovereign citizens" movement. We should look for a 35-50yr. old American citizen who is anti-government and has few social contacts. Particularly someone hit hard by the economic downturn. I would think a lone wolf type.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

My sympathy to ALL Americans, my condolences to victims families.

My heart goes out to the victims.

To the rest of you trolls. FUCK OFF! Express some compassion in that barren wasteland you call your soul and show some respect to the people who lost their lives.

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13013

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:33:56 PM

My theory is that this was an act of domestic terrorism. Linked to the "sovereign citizens" movement. We should look for a 35-50yr. old American citizen who is anti-government and has few social contacts. Particularly someone hit hard by the economic downturn. I would think a lone wolf type. 

Why would he bomb a marathon, though? That's only going to create more government.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:20:20 PM

Why would he bomb a marathon, though? That's only going to create more government.

Cause he is stupid/unhinged. The only sane way to implement some kind of dissidence is with a decent sized group of like-minded people so you have backup and support. This is a problem for lone-wolf-types and the frustration also feeds back into their alienation and paranoia. This is a desperate act, I have no doubt.

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:24:57 PM

My theory is that this was an act of domestic terrorism.

Domestic intelligence terrorism, more like.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:49:34 PM

Cause he is stupid/unhinged. The only sane way to implement some kind of dissidence is with a decent sized group of like-minded people so you have backup and support. This is a problem for lone-wolf-types and the frustration also feeds back into their alienation and paranoia. This is a desperate act, I have no doubt.
What Richy said makes sense to me. I envision the bomber thinking this will be appreciated by people. It will start the revolution! Of course sane people will see it as a senseless, murderous act. The scary thing is that who ever it was likely was still there when the bomb went off. Security was too tight to place this bomb in advance.
I am guessing it was propane based and used an egg timer or something. It did not appear to me that any shrapnel was used in the design. This was not a person trained in how to make bombs. But this person did feel comfortable moving through a crowd of Americans.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 06:02:52 PM

What Richy said makes sense to me. I envision the bomber thinking this will be appreciated by people. It will start the revolution! Of course sane people will see it as a senseless, murderous act. The scary thing is that who ever it was likely was still there when the bomb went off. Security was too tight to place this bomb in advance.
I am guessing it was propane based and used an egg timer or something. It did not appear to me that any shrapnel was used in the design. This was not a person trained in how to make bombs. But this person did feel comfortable moving through a crowd of Americans.

I've yet to catch up with the recent news on this, but I plainly see the logic spelled out above. Interesting!

Nix the Iran-Korea link, now leaning toward a false-flag time-to-end-the-militias-in-America theory.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 07:07:55 PM

There was a ton of shrapnel. That's why everyone's legs were blown off. CNN reported that doctors were pulling ball bearings out of the runners legs.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: