Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:26:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is achieved consensus on code change?  (Read 1939 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:04:07 PM

the whole concept of bitcoin will be abandoned as a failed experiment.

You're writing off all other possible cryptocurrencies except for Bitcoin? Interesting.

Please explain how abandoning bitcoin as a failed experiment would result in "writing off all other possible cryptocurrencies"?  I never said any such thing, and don't appreciate you implying that I did.

"Cryptocurrency" is the concept behind Bitcoin. And you said:

the whole concept of bitcoin will be abandoned as a failed experiment.

Didn't take much explanation, seeing as all I had to do was quote you verbatim.

So you literally said exactly that. You can not-appreciate the fact if you like.

Vires in numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:31:36 AM

Tell us when and why the Unlimited repo commit keys were distributed? You can't, so don't behave as if you are somehow entitled to an answer to your question that is (intentionally) impossible to answer. Pure trolling, because you have no reasonable arguments

Bitcoin Unlimited (BU) operates according to its Articles of Federation.  With respect to your question, the GitHub repository is controlled by the BU President (who is presently Andrew Clifford [solex]):

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:38:03 AM

Tell us when and why the Unlimited repo commit keys were distributed? You can't, so don't behave as if you are somehow entitled to an answer to your question that is (intentionally) impossible to answer. Pure trolling, because you have no reasonable arguments

Bitcoin Unlimited (BU) operates according to its Articles of Federation.  With respect to your question, the GitHub repository is controlled by the BU President (who is presently Andrew Clifford [solex]):

You didn't tell us a definitive "why", Peter. Let me see if I can guess "A democratic Bitcoin, for all!" Smiley

Take your democratic business somewhere else, you know there is more than enough opposition (i.e. support for Core) to relegate your Bitcoin fork to an altcoin, and yet you refuse to launch you coin honestly, and instead insist on disrupting this ecosystem.

Fuck off. You're not welcome.

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: