Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:16:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon update [15/04/13]  (Read 4492 times)
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:20:50 AM

The only thing I care about is when I can receive my batch #2 machine. Tongue
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:27:12 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 09:07:35 AM by edgar

When are the 'you are not special' batch 2 units expected to be shipped?

April?

May?

AUGUST - 2nd Week!!

Cunts!
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:28:12 AM

I think we need more awareness and publicity about bitcoin. Definitely more business using bitcoin will help.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:29:23 AM

why does it matter if it drops to $20, or $200?

I would assume it matters a lot since you are not paying TSMC (and who ever is packaging the chips) in BTC. I don't understand how you would pay for the chips if BTC crashed tonight and I only paid you $15,600 for 10,000 chips.
silzero

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:36:47 AM

I would assume it matters a lot since you are not paying TSMC (and who ever is packaging the chips) in BTC. I don't understand how you would pay for the chips if BTC crashed tonight and I only paid you $15,600 for 10,000 chips.
Try to understand the simplicity of this: "Avalon will rise and fall with bitcoin, we only provide the option, the choice is yours."
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:22:02 AM

Try to understand the simplicity of this: "Avalon will rise and fall with bitcoin, we only provide the option, the choice is yours."

Yes, our Sifu has spoken..
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 06:38:50 AM

Avalon will rise and fall with bitcoin, we only provide the option, the choice is yours.
As will all of us involved with Bitcoin.  It is good to see a Bitcoin business drive this point home.

By the way, BitSyncom, will customers who purchase your chips in bulk receive a few samples before the 10-week lead time on the production units?  So custom PCB designs can be tested before production parts arrive.

Best of luck Avalon team!  Thank you for the timely update.

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:18:41 AM

Avalon will rise and fall with bitcoin, we only provide the option, the choice is yours.
As will all of us involved with Bitcoin.  It is good to see a Bitcoin business drive this point home.

By the way, BitSyncom, will customers who purchase your chips in bulk receive a few samples before the 10-week lead time on the production units?  So custom PCB designs can be tested before production parts arrive.

Best of luck Avalon team!  Thank you for the timely update.

yeah sure, in few weeks in we will provide them.

Tehfiend

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:34:21 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 07:50:16 AM by Tehfiend

OK thank you I think I do finally understand. Basically what you are implying is that if the price of BTC crashes tonight and I buy 10,000 chips for $15,600, they would simply be unable to fulfill my order.
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 07:59:02 AM

yeah sure, in few weeks in we will provide them.
Thank you for the answer.

E3V3A

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:03:07 AM

A very strange way of doing business here...

7. communication protocol, reference board design provided in early May.
Sure, I'll order AFTER you have provided that. It would not make any sense to buy anything before actually having a working sample in hand, or at least some independent Bitminer verification...
aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:50:23 AM

Now this is something a company would only do if they believe in bitcoins and truly wants it to succeed.

I'm backing you guys 100%!

Agreed.  +1

The Avalon team have proven themselves, they have integrity and I fully support their philosophy.

Ignore the peanut gallery, three cheers and beer for Avalon!

bitdude

Activity: 277
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:21:17 PM

Hi,

1) Will tracking codes be provided when the order is shipped?

2) Will there be a notification that the order was shipped?

Thanks!
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:28:21 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

yes of course.

Sure, I'll order AFTER you have provided that. It would not make any sense to buy anything before actually having a working sample in hand, or at least some independent Bitminer verification...

up to you, or did you miss us shipping ~300 units ( made with these chips ) to customers?

iammagicmike

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:37:37 PM

quit complaining and let the man work!  If he wants to price chips in BTC then by golly I trust his judgement.  When you're running the show at avalon then you can price it out in USD if you want. 

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
Tehfiend

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:58:06 PM

For the record, I wasn't complaining about bulk chips being priced in BTC, I just wanted to understand better. It seems very risky but it's their call and they currently have 100% of the leverage and can pretty much do and say as they please. Please put the pitchforks away, I'm just trying to learn!

On another note, if you're reading this Yufi, could you possibly give a quick update about the 20GH/sec upgrade module?

I am going to wait and see how the initial bulk chip orders go before I make the plunge myself but I am itching to invest in more mining hardware and remembered my Avalon's will have some room for these upgrade modules. Any information is greatly appreciated...
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:19:06 PM

For the record, I wasn't complaining about bulk chips being priced in BTC, I just wanted to understand better. It seems very risky but it's their call and they currently have 100% of the leverage and can pretty much do and say as they please. Please put the pitchforks away, I'm just trying to learn!

On another note, if you're reading this Yufi, could you possibly give a quick update about the 20GH/sec upgrade module?

I am going to wait and see how the initial bulk chip orders go before I make the plunge myself but I am itching to invest in more mining hardware and remembered my Avalon's will have some room for these upgrade modules. Any information is greatly appreciated...

+1 I noticed the module purchase button was fairly recently updated to "Soon", but would like further guidance. Definitely interested.

Also Yifu, can you confirm that batch 2 units also have only one open expansion slot? It appeared as though the cases are the same dimensions as the batch 1 units. Presumably this means 4 slots total.

Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:40:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

yes of course.

up to you, or did you miss us shipping ~300 units ( made with these chips ) to customers?

Progress has been made!

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:15:13 AM

The smaller 2 module machines seems interesting too since it should be easier for them to ship out. (without powersupply of course)

I could see buying a few of these and being able to control the heat better

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Tesla71

Activity: 302
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:20:44 AM

"we are in also the process of merging many earlier problematic orders, if your order still does not show up in the store by Friday of the 19th please open another ticket."

As my Order also doesn't show up (and I did not expect to see it tomorrow..) I will open a ticket tomorrow.
In the ticketsystem they are asking for an order number, but where to get that from?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: