Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin / Blockchain in connected furnitues (IoT)?  (Read 1666 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 06:07:51 AM

Probably any kind of prepaid electric meter where we can store some bitcoins and it get will auto debited as per our consumption of the electricity. Same thing about water and kitchen gas. It would be great to live in such house where there will no postpaid expenditure at all.

most things these days are prepaid.

move into a house deposit and 2 months upfront
phone/internet subscriptions. pay upfront for subscriptions.. but the calls / over the limit data allowance moves to following month.

down side of NO postpaid.. is if you run out of funds to cant use it. because they wont send you a bill after use, they just deny service

this is where in england the poor are put on prepaid electric meters. if they run out of money the electric switches off. they either use the 'emergency credit' (extra cost) or some end up selling their stuff to pawn brokers to get the electricity going until payday(incurring costs buying back their stuff after payday).

Even in that case, I think prepaid is the economic way of billing on a client side because it prohibits the term 'unlimited' usage and thus billing too and helps us to keep expenditure in our control. The extra cost usually occurs when our calculations go wrong but that's one in ten (or twenty) cases so on a macro level, it's a beneficial thing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:13:05 AM

One innovative solutions would be to use bitcoin connected with furniture like sofa/chair. When user will pay a defined amount then only the user will be allowed to seat otherwise it will stay in folded condition. This type of sofa could be used in public gathering like bus stop where user could pay and sit just like pay and use toilets. And from then the owner could make some profit.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:27:05 AM

Guys, I was thinking how you can use Bitcoin or Blockchain in general regarding furnitures? Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for some Brainstorming Smiley

You mean BTC miners in your refrigerator or light bulb? Didnt 21INC. try to build some miners like it and failed royally? They raised 100 million dollars from investors who were so happy to give their money away thinking that it was possible. IoT doesnt need a blockchain or BTC make it work. Its like building a perpetual motion machine or the search for the unicorn.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:32:59 AM

How about pay and use toilet in big cities instead of accepting physical coins it would be better for digital transaction because people don't keep change at the time with them so instead just scan the code to pay and when the transaction would be completed then door week automatically open and let 1 person enter at a time so it would completely remote system for coining generation.○
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:42:12 AM

Guys, I was thinking how you can use Bitcoin or Blockchain in general regarding furnitures? Do you have any ideas?

You mean BTC miners in your refrigerator or light bulb? Didnt 21INC. try to build some miners like it and failed royally? They raised 100 million dollars from investors who were so happy to give their money away thinking that it was possible.
Bitmain made one too, the R1,  a router with a bitcoin mining chip in it that can get 5.5GH/s. I don't really see a future in those devices except for solo mining, but then you might as well rent some hash for way cheaper...
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:05:39 AM

You mean BTC miners in your refrigerator or light bulb? Didnt 21INC. try to build some miners like it and failed royally? They raised 100 million dollars from investors who were so happy to give their money away thinking that it was possible.
Bitmain made one too, the R1,  a router with a bitcoin mining chip in it that can get 5.5GH/s. I don't really see a future in those devices except for solo mining, but then you might as well rent some hash for way cheaper...

I didnt know that one. Does anybody know what happened to 21INC. and what theyre doing these days? Are they still making the Bitcoin computer they have been wildly talking about years ago? Those could be good collector's items for a cryptocurrency museum someday.
BlackJacky (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:39:48 PM

That means a connected furniture would only make sense if there is a display which could offer more services. In that you could start integrate Blockchain / Bitcoin. Any use case?

yeah, I mean integrated in the furniture...Bitcoin or in general Blockchain

im guessing english is not your first language, to which i do not disrespect. i travel the world and speak to many cultures and always humbled by such.

but i have to ask.
you keep mentioning the word "furniture"

do you mean like a sofa or table in someones home.
do you mean like a sofa or table manufacturer building such furniture
do you mean like a electronic household furnishings such as TV, room heaters, window blinds, fridges.

please give an example of what you are specifically asking for. EG pick a piece of furniture. or what you mean by the furniture. using it, making it..

I mean the first one...sofa or table
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:40:45 PM

Do you mean as in like a form of payment for purchasing it or like as integrated in some why into the furniture ?

yeah, I mean integrated in the furniture...Bitcoin or in general Blockchain

Do you mean buying online furnitures with bitcoins?
If you want to integrate Blockchain in furniture its possible.

You may want to read this. http://blockchain-finance.com/2017/01/23/nova-lifestyle-partnership-brings-blockchain-to-furniture-market/

This company is distributor of furnitures and want to incorporate blockchain technology in their business.

Nice thanks!!!
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:45:03 PM

One innovative solutions would be to use bitcoin connected with furniture like sofa/chair. When user will pay a defined amount then only the user will be allowed to seat otherwise it will stay in folded condition. This type of sofa could be used in public gathering like bus stop where user could pay and sit just like pay and use toilets. And from then the owner could make some profit.

Why would it be more convenient for the user to pay with a digital currency and why would it be also more profitable for the company to use a digital currency as a payment method?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:02:09 PM

but i have to ask.

do you mean like a electronic household furnishings such as TV, room heaters, window blinds, fridges.

please give an example of what you are specifically asking for. EG pick a piece of furniture. or what you mean by the furniture. using it, making it..

before even asking about the need of blockchain needed in a table of chair. you have to ask about any currency
why need to put fiat into a table or sofa
why need to put gold into a table or sofa.

the idea's i have come up with

table.
at a restaurant you fund your restaurant table with funds (like a bartab). that table is reserved for you. the waiters know you can pay the bill and you can just move funds across when you order specific items. thus no issue about not paying your bill or embarrassment of card decline when on a date.

sofa.. hmm.. lets instead choose movie/orchestra/music venue chairs. buying a ticket puts funds into the seat. thus unlocking a physical electronic padlock that releases the chairs vertical position for you to unfold it and sit in it.

ok lets look at sofa.
imagine sofa's only last for 10 years of sitting on before people ware them out rubing their ass into the chair to need to replace it. or imagine for health and fitness you want to penalise yourself for sitting on a sofa too long.
each hour on the sofa costs a few pennies. which over 10 years adds up to cover the cost of a new sofa. (self funding/saving up).
it also makes those trying to stay fit to remind themselves to do exercise if it starts costing them something to sitdown for an hour.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BlackJacky (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:49:07 PM

but i have to ask.

before even asking about the need of blockchain needed in a table of chair. you have to ask about any currency
why need to put fiat into a table or sofa
why need to put gold into a table or sofa.

the idea's i have come up with

table.
at a restaurant you fund your restaurant table with funds (like a bartab). that table is reserved for you. the waiters know you can pay the bill and you can just move funds across when you order specific items. thus no issue about not paying your bill or embarrassment of card decline when on a date.

sofa.. hmm.. lets instead choose movie/orchestra/music venue chairs. buying a ticket puts funds into the seat. thus unlocking a physical electronic padlock that releases the chairs vertical position for you to unfold it and sit in it.

ok lets look at sofa.
imagine sofa's only last for 10 years of sitting on before people ware them out rubing their ass into the chair to need to replace it. or imagine for health and fitness you want to penalise yourself for sitting on a sofa too long.
each hour on the sofa costs a few pennies. which over 10 years adds up to cover the cost of a new sofa. (self funding/saving up).
it also makes those trying to stay fit to remind themselves to do exercise if it starts costing them something to sitdown for an hour.

sounds good but why should that not possible with traditional payment systems like credit card, PayPal etc.?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:36:35 PM

sounds good but why should that not possible with traditional payment systems like credit card, PayPal etc.?

paying 10cents on visa to sit on sofa for an hour costs you 50cents in fee's.
paying 10cents on paypal  to sit on sofa for an hour costs you 30cents +3% in fee's.

note the way bitcoin core devs are loving the fee war. bitcoin is currently having the same drawbacks.
core next want to introduce commercial services(LN hubs) to lock funds into permissioned contracts with confirmation maturity (3-5 day rspend delays) and revoke codes (chargebacks)..... (facepalm)

core devs caused the fee war just to escalate the need for permissioned contracts, knowing LN hops will be expensive so people end up using commercial LN hubs

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:09:59 AM

ok lets look at sofa.

Here at petrol stations they have some kind of sofas, you sit down, insert a coin, and there is a system giving you a massage LOL.
I think this idea would be better that reminding me to do exercise. I do exercise at work and when i come back to home i need to do exercise again
there we go
a more practical use of needing to pay into a sofa.
i found it hard to think of a real reason to need to pay a sofa in your own home, i was more thinking about the concept of 'saving up' the pennies to replace the sofa after a decade of ware and tear more so than the exercise idea.

im sure there are many commercial needs to paying into a chair.. like the movie/music venue seat reservation idea.

where as the in home "the internet of things" or "connected living" is more about the electrical gadgets around the home, rather than the fabric based 'furniture'.
like instead of just turning your heating on. you trigger the heating by paying X to get Y amount of heat for z hours.
or your fridge connects to your favourite online grocer to automatically send a shopping list and request for delivery based on the items you have used

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 02:22:25 AM

Yeah, I couldn't really connect IOT with tables or sofas especially for your home.

If it were in a public setting, those massage chairs are familiar. I see some at the mall, for tired shoppers who's got aching backs or feet. You slip in a dollar bill and could get your back or feet massaged for about 15 mins.  Grin Just a quick relaxation and relieving some tension.

For homes, it should be gadgets, metered heat, water, electricity, etc.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████