Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TPAS] TurboPascalCoin v1.4.5 - On pause - Fixing stuff  (Read 5342 times)
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:19:01 AM

I like this trend, better than hundreds of Scrypt coins every day...  Smiley

@OP: Why did you include the sgminer in the OP? From what I understand you can't solo mine with it or has someone succeeded in doing so?

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 04:40:08 AM

The windows wallet link is removed, kindly post a valid link.. Thanks
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 04:44:53 AM

And now TurboPascal coin lol, i think i'm going to develop BASIC coin  Grin

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:17:34 AM

javascript coin Wink
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:26:10 AM

javascript coin Wink

They must make a C++ coin. It must be possible to write a wallet in C++  Grin
Wesiematic

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:26:28 AM

javascript coin Wink

No, no   Shocked it's not antique enough, but a COBOL coin would be fresh and could attract new investors  Cheesy

Wesiematic

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:28:09 AM

javascript coin Wink

No, no   Shocked it's not antique enough, but a COBOL coin would be fresh and could attract new investors  Cheesy

Lol if i'm thinking about, really this could be next big thing...  Roll Eyes

Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:54:30 AM

javascript coin Wink

Lol if i'm thinking about, really this could be next big thing...  Roll Eyes

And use dBASE II  Cool

Change...is in the air.
You know why
olamorr (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:20:15 PM

FoxPro Coin is the next thing (tm)

Wait wait.... better, Clipper coin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TaaS

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:22:34 PM

How many pascal coins are there going to be?

remmacs

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:33:50 PM

is relaunch complete? need to update the ann
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:45:33 PM

How many pascal coins are there going to be?

It´s going to be a competition which version becomes the classic to ones Eth/Zcash..

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:37:30 PM

[...

interesting.
Original Pascal did not have this problem? Or perhaps it's more that this feature wasn't evident until the network was far bigger?

Basically you can stall the network by attaching a weird timestamp to the last block, and the client assumes that it is behind the tip by a fair amount, this means that someone with enough hashpower could 51% attack the network and stall it forever mining blocks and releasing them when the timestamp of their finishes... or someone more crafty comes along and attaches a timestamp even further in the future.

Couldn't having a bunch of nodes prevent that? I'd assume the nodes would have some sort of consensus on what is the precise time discarding miners who try to cheat.

This coin first launched with 2 nodes, not just one like the other coin and as far as I know this one didn't suffer from the attack, but I could be wrong.

Whatever the case might be, depending on local timestamps seems like a pretty dumb idea.

Not your keys, not your coins!
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 01:38:13 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 01:53:22 PM by chiguireitor

And now TurboPascal coin lol, i think i'm going to develop BASIC coin  Grin

javascript coin Wink

No, no   Shocked it's not antique enough, but a COBOL coin would be fresh and could attract new investors  Cheesy

As the dev that got contracted to do work on this clone (which i was reluctant at first, sorry olamorr, gotta be honest) the upstream code seems very clean compared to a Bitcoin <= v0.9 (which was a horrible mess imho).

There are some mid/long term goals on this coin i like (which aren't my responsability to talk about)... let's see if this shitcoin sticks Tongue

eule

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:39:59 PM

[...

interesting.
Original Pascal did not have this problem? Or perhaps it's more that this feature wasn't evident until the network was far bigger?

Basically you can stall the network by attaching a weird timestamp to the last block, and the client assumes that it is behind the tip by a fair amount, this means that someone with enough hashpower could 51% attack the network and stall it forever mining blocks and releasing them when the timestamp of their finishes... or someone more crafty comes along and attaches a timestamp even further in the future.

Couldn't having a bunch of nodes prevent that? I'd assume the nodes would have some sort of consensus on what is the precise time discarding miners who try to cheat.

This coin first launched with 2 nodes, not just one like the other coin and as far as I know this one didn't suffer from the attack, but I could be wrong.

Whatever the case might be, depending on local timestamps seems like a pretty dumb idea.

The original Pascalcoin is being attacked as well and it has quite a few nodes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1583719.msg17705293#msg17705293

More nodes are useless, Pascal Lite has over 100 and is still being attacked (although it has much lower impact now), it is the wallet that refuses to submit blocks when there is a "newer" one. Obviously a bug in the code.

chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 01:46:13 PM

[...

interesting.

The original Pascalcoin is being attacked as well and it has quite a few nodes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1583719.msg17705293#msg17705293

More nodes are useless, Pascal Lite has over 100 and is still being attacked (although it has much lower impact now), it is the wallet that refuses to submit blocks when there is a "newer" one. Obviously a bug in the code.

Indeed, there's a sore need of better time drift management in the wallet. Workin' at it these days before the relaunch.

The "attack" per-se is also passive, if someone got a mis-configured rig with a bad clock then it will "attack" the network by submitting offending blocks.

Pretty dumb that part, really.

eule

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:58:07 PM

Great, will be interesting to see which coin can fix the issue the quickest and most effective.

attyk2000

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 09:56:51 PM

Any news regarding relaunch? It's been a little quiet in here for quite some hours already.
eule

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:24:21 PM

Pascalcoin is fixed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1583719.msg17712288#msg17712288

olamorr (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:17:35 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 11:44:44 PM by olamorr

Changes are in, we will be restarting in about 2 4 hours from now (and with a windows wallet this time).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: