Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:00:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum broadcasting transaction error  (Read 955 times)
chrism89 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:42:40 PM

Hi Guys,

First post on the forum and im looking for some advice.

Im trying to send BTC and when broadcasting the transaction i get the below error :

https://s27.postimg.org/jaq7olpk3/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Im using electrum version 2.7.9 on tails 2.1 ( I think its 2.1 anyway, its the latest version)

its a multi-sig wallet which has been signed by each required wallet and its when broadcasting i get the above.

I've tried pasting the hex data into coinb.in and broadcasting but i get the same error.

I tried using an older version of tails and recovering the wallet however my BTC weren't present when i recovered it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:52:42 PM

Personally, I'd recommend that you first try the latest version of Electrum's 2.7 branch which is 2.7.18 .

There have been a number of bug fixes since 2.7.9 and it is possible you are encountering one of them. I'd first upgrade Electrum so you can at least rule out past bugs as the issue in this case.
chrism89 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:37:11 PM

Personally, I'd recommend that you first try the latest version of Electrum's 2.7 branch which is 2.7.18 .

There have been a number of bug fixes since 2.7.9 and it is possible you are encountering one of them. I'd first upgrade Electrum so you can at least rule out past bugs as the issue in this case.

Thanks for the above.  I tried updating electrum but it kept giving an error.

I could open 2.7.18 using the python electrum command and tried sending the bitcoin via that and it was still the same.

When trying to run the update for electrum it gives an error at line 5 in the setup script which references setuptools which it advises it cant find.

I've tried get update and get upgrade and its still throwing that error
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:56:32 PM

I could open 2.7.18 using the python electrum command and tried sending the bitcoin via that and it was still the same.

When trying to run the update for electrum it gives an error at line 5 in the setup script which references setuptools which it advises it cant find.

Running via python electrum should be enough for testing purposes.

After some further research, it seems that this might indicate that the signature is invalid.

What versions of Electrum was used on the other wallets that signed the transaction? Did you try creating a new transaction within 2.7.18 as well as signing it in the other wallets using 2.7.18? If you were to post the full hex for the transaction, it might be possible to provide further information on what is failing by decoding the raw transaction.

If all else fails, you can likely restore the multisignature wallets into a new wallet by doing the following. Create a new wallet using "Restore a wallet or import keys" and "Multi-signature wallet" options and enter the seed for both wallets. This would allow you to spend the funds without the need for multiple signatures but also defeats the purpose of the multisignature wallets.
chrism89 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:00:22 PM

Running via python electrum should be enough for testing purposes.

After some further research, it seems that this might indicate that the signature is invalid.

What versions of Electrum was used on the other wallets that signed the transaction? Did you try creating a new transaction within 2.7.18 as well as signing it in the other wallets using 2.7.18? If you were to post the full hex for the transaction, it might be possible to provide further information on what is failing by decoding the raw transaction.

If all else fails, you can likely restore the multisignature wallets into a new wallet by doing the following. Create a new wallet using "Restore a wallet or import keys" and "Multi-signature wallet" options and enter the seed for both wallets. This would allow you to spend the funds without the need for multiple signatures but also defeats the purpose of the multisignature wallets.

I tried creating a new transaction in 2.7.18 which gave the same error.

I've given up for the night now but i'll give it a try again tomorrow and post the hex if it still fails.

I tried restoring the wallet on another install of tails but the balance didn't show in electrum... not sure if it take a bit to update it
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

this is probably caused by a bug in an earlier 2.7 version.
this bug caused corruption of the wallet file; you should regenerate your wallet from seed & xpubs.

edit: your cosigners might need to regenerate their wallets too.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
chrism89 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:10:32 PM

recreated the wallet from the seed and done the same with the cosigner wallets and it worked without issue.

Thanks for the help guys  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: