Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:56:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Shall we bring Bitcoin to Asgardia?
Heck Yes!
Heck No!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asgardia - a new Nation needs a currency  (Read 990 times)
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 11:13:43 PM

https://asgardia.space/en/

Just came across this. Asgardia is a new Nation, with plans to exist in space...somewhere in Earth's orbit. Their goal is Utopian in spirit, an opportunity to get away from the strife, politics, and war in our world.

They're accepting applications for citizenship and I believe they'd be prime to adopt a currency that can exist without the need for a Central Bank, monetary policy, or political and economic wrangling that comes with managing a currency.

It might even be cheap to mine in space - the heat generated could be used to warm living quarters and/or power systems.

Shall we bring them Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:14:48 AM

Just came across this. Asgardia is a new Nation, with plans to exist in space...somewhere in Earth's orbit. Their goal is Utopian in spirit, an opportunity to get away from the strife, politics, and war in our world.

They're accepting applications for citizenship and I believe they'd be prime to adopt a currency that can exist without the need for a Central Bank, monetary policy, or political and economic wrangling that comes with managing a currency.

It might even be cheap to mine in space - the heat generated could be used to warm living quarters and/or power systems.

No, they simply buy our bitcoins.
Leprikon

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:25:28 AM

I don't understand how people can believe such nonsense! Not going to say why not possible existence of such a state in earth orbit. Do you believe that you can create that state on earth?
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 10:37:03 AM

Sounds pretty far fetched if you asked me. Undecided
But if they want their own currency then get them to create their own alt coin so not impede on bitcoin's current progress. Wink

And to the above poster just before me,
It does seem like an outlandish idea and I do agree. It is just utter nonsense and should not be taken seriously.
Just another anti-trump "get me off this earth" type of situation or in these terms "get me off this planet!" Wink
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:37:37 AM

In my opinion all citizens  on that upcoming nation that you said is very rich .You cant register if you are not very rich because its need more funds to fulfill that nation and I don't think if have such like that nation.
sergeyzol

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:41:09 AM

In my opinion all citizens  on that upcoming nation that you said is very rich .You cant register if you are not very rich because its need more funds to fulfill that nation and I don't think if have such like that nation.
Why do the rich live in a separate world? They are rich and live well in this world. Why do they need to change something. In addition, they achieved their goals in this world and not be able to work in conditions where everything is equal.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:51:52 AM

Why do the rich live in a separate world? They are rich and live well in this world. Why do they need to change something. In addition, they achieved their goals in this world and not be able to work in conditions where everything is equal.
Just think.Im said you can live that nation if you are very rich because you can sustained your life by using your own wealth you can buy anything in our world if you have more money.Just think it
btvlGainer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:58:22 AM

Just think.Im said you can live that nation if you are very rich because you can sustained your life by using your own wealth you can buy anything in our world if you have more money.Just think it
In our world the rich feel above others. Why would they go to another world where they are equals with the other inhabitants. Wealth is like a drug. It must constantly feel. I am sure that this country never will.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:27:12 PM

Selling them our bitcoins is not a bad idea but the concept that they are thinking is very far from reality as of this moment. For them to realize their dream it will take a hundred years of development until finally man can make living in space possible. So even if you enlist yourself today the moment they will take off to space you are no longer alive to experience and witness those new innovation.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:34:35 PM

Selling them our bitcoins is not a bad idea but the concept that they are thinking is very far from reality as of this moment. For them to realize their dream it will take a hundred years of development until finally man can make living in space possible. So even if you enlist yourself today the moment they will take off to space you are no longer alive to experience and witness those new innovation.
I'm a conservative. I don't like change. Any changes create discomfort. They break the usual norm and force man to act contrary to the usual schedule. For me it is always a problem. I love my Slippers.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:44:14 PM

The nation doesnt even exists, yet they already have 12 departments in the government. A big government already.

Get the fuck out of there. We already have giant governments around here, why does nobody bother setting up a small government society?

Why would they use BTC, they will just probably print their own currency, after all a big government needs big taxes and big inflation.

Mersedes

Activity: 223

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:00:24 PM

The nation doesnt even exists, yet they already have 12 departments in the government. A big government already.

Get the fuck out of there. We already have giant governments around here, why does nobody bother setting up a small government society?

Why would they use BTC, they will just probably print their own currency, after all a big government needs big taxes and big inflation.
What state would want to use someone else's, volatile and unpredictable currency such as bitcoin? This is the state of the suicides. Never will be that. Currency is the blood of any state. You will be able to live without blood?
RealBitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:42:46 PM

What state would want to use someone else's, volatile and unpredictable currency such as bitcoin? This is the state of the suicides. Never will be that. Currency is the blood of any state. You will be able to live without blood?

That was not my point.

My point was that they already setup a big government, even before they established their nation. That is very sad. It should be a small one.

Why would any Bitcoiner support a giant centralized structure? Why should they care?

If they are big government, then they will have huge taxes and big inflation, thus they need their own currency for that.

Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:46:45 PM

That was not my point.

My point was that they already setup a big government, even before they established their nation. That is very sad. It should be a small one.

Why would any Bitcoiner support a giant centralized structure? Why should they care?

If they are big government, then they will have huge taxes and big inflation, thus they need their own currency for that.

I do think that this is an attempt to create a new sect. They need money and so they're trying to lure her children of rich parents. Very rich people do not believe in this nonsense.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:51:06 PM

I do think that this is an attempt to create a new sect. They need money and so they're trying to lure her children of rich parents. Very rich people do not believe in this nonsense.

Plus why the hell would rich people go to a country what is tiny yet it already has a giant government with 12 departments?

If you want to go to a small country you go to Cayman Islands, Bahamas or British Virgin Islands where the income tax is 0%.

Why the fuck would you go to a small community just to pay huge taxes? It's a very stupid attempt to get people's money.

Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:57:40 PM

Plus why the hell would rich people go to a country what is tiny yet it already has a giant government with 12 departments?

If you want to go to a small country you go to Cayman Islands, Bahamas or British Virgin Islands where the income tax is 0%.

Why the fuck would you go to a small community just to pay huge taxes? It's a very stupid attempt to get people's money.
I agree with you. They try to seize the money of rich people. But I doubt that'll happen. Rich people are well educated and they want to assign someone's money. They do not get along together.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:14:17 PM

i biliebe this is the future of mankind in believin bitcoin going to the stars no wars of fiat any mure just all living in harmony with the wolrd and stars also in my opinion
ekaterina77

Activity: 255

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:29:28 PM

i biliebe this is the future of mankind in believin bitcoin going to the stars no wars of fiat any mure just all living in harmony with the wolrd and stars also in my opinion
Bitcoin is a currency without a future. When you earn bitcoins that you spend you need to exchange any currency convenient for you. On any exchange the broker earns. Why do you need this extra action?
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:33:03 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/asgardia-first-space-country-satellite-2017-6
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:38:45 PM

This goal is not only utopian in spirit, but it is utopian in its possibilities. In orbit there is zero gravity. Man can not long live in such conditions. And the food will be a problem. I can't even imagine how much they will need to earn to buy food on earth and deliver them into space.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: