Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:51:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin going to zero - Karl Denninger Tickerforum.org  (Read 17958 times)
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:25:57 PM

Man... We've come a long way, have we?

I don't quite get why someone dug out especially this thread... I though this was a new thread when I read the headline because, well, the FUD actually never changes. Even if someone bought at $200, they's be at over 300% even now so, yeah... a Prof. Bitcorn quality prediction, I'd say...

I brought this thread out because of NY's BitLicense efforts. In the proposed legislation one of the fundamental regulations is one dollar of capital.

I thought it fascinating that one of Bitcoins biggest detractors makes an excellent point for 100% reserves.

Always enjoy it when someone diggs up this old relics.
Nothing makes me feel more bullish!

Me too  Grin
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:31:34 AM

That's twisted  Shocked    Bitcoin certainly challenges rule makers, many things appear to be starting over from scratch with bitcoin.  Maybe he's afraid that people can't control government and bitcoin is govcoin? Personally, I see past it because I can count 100 good things for every 1 bad thing and I can see government as the consensus of the local/county/state/country blockchains.
FYI: I would say I knew Karl fairly well. I was an highly active member of his forums (and Gold Donator) for over four years. I was the one who explained how Bitcoin worked to him back in 2011/2012.

It's not that he's afraid people can't control government - that would make him favour Bitcoin - he blames the population for not controlling the government and holding them accountable for the Constitution.

So far this view has lead him to start two unsuccessful attempts at new political parties and numerous protests, and despite those failures he refuses to accept the possibility that the road to the solution to all the problems he's identified does not pass through politics.

BitDreams

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:33:14 AM

That's twisted  Shocked    Bitcoin certainly challenges rule makers, many things appear to be starting over from scratch with bitcoin.  Maybe he's afraid that people can't control government and bitcoin is govcoin? Personally, I see past it because I can count 100 good things for every 1 bad thing and I can see government as the consensus of the local/county/state/country blockchains.
FYI: I would say I knew Karl fairly well. I was an highly active member of his forums (and Gold Donator) for over four years. I was the one who explained how Bitcoin worked to him back in 2011/2012.

It's not that he's afraid people can't control government - that would make him favour Bitcoin - he blames the population for not controlling the government and holding them accountable for the Constitution.

So far this view has lead him to start two unsuccessful attempts at new political parties and numerous protests, and despite those failures he refuses to accept the possibility that the road to the solution to all the problems he's identified does not pass through politics.

I remember, hello again. - aka Ponzi_Unit
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:43:03 AM

I remember, hello again. - aka Ponzi_Unit
I wish I hadn't lost the login information to my original bitcointalk account, which matched my tickerforum account name, but it points at an email address I no longer have so there's no way to recover it.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:48:03 AM

Karl Denninger is a serious wetpants. He just bashes everything and when something goes wrong he steps up and says, “See I told you so.”

He is old school. He thinks buying gold and silver is stupid too. That is when I tuned him out.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:06:23 AM

Bitcoin should be less than $10 by the first half of the month. Also already $10k+ according to some hyper-optismical hodlers from the forum.

I think people should have more care when speaking about bitcoin price and future.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:26:48 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 08:56:52 AM by 2dogs

In April 2013, KD was bashing BTC on tickerforum - but I noticed a nice looking chart and he was ranting didn't add up.

KD was an egotistical know-it-all - "told ya so" was his favorite saying.

It might have been your posts that convinced me -  I took the dive and bought my first bitcoin then.

Haven't looked back since.
BitDreams

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:18:11 AM

Morning 2dogs  Smiley I wondered if that was you when I saw the moniker.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:33:45 PM

OP should feel bad
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:40:11 PM

From the Tickerforum.org written by Karl Denninger
Gotta give it to KD.  He was spot on!!  I hope that he's not correct about Bitcoin going to zero.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219662

BitCON: I Told You So

You didn't name your boat, did you?

Or worse, buy into this crap over $200?

For those wondering where the support level is I will tell you -- but you have to promise not to tell anyone.  Pinky promise, right?  Ok, here 'ya go:

There is very strong support at $0.00.

Is it that time of the year again? Ah no, it's already been quite some time since that statement. Good thing we're now well above $200... So there's that. Case closed.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
arcanum

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:42:04 PM

Oh wait, another owned to a big mouth preacher man.  Roll Eyes
2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:33:37 PM

Morning 2dogs  Smiley I wondered if that was you when I saw the moniker.

I'm not the same 2dogs over there.
I stopped going there April 2013 - do you still participate in KD forum?

He was constantly changing the rules and asking for "donations"  Roll Eyes.
I think I paid $25 for the  couple of years I was there, so I got my moneys worth  Grin.
AceWallen

Activity: 479
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:35:42 PM

LOL at this guy. it could never get to zero -- support at $0.01 and below is simply WAY too strong to do it.  Grin
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

He was right about one thing though: "Bitcoins" on GOX went to zero.  Cheesy
BitDreams

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

Morning 2dogs  Smiley I wondered if that was you when I saw the moniker.

I'm not the same 2dogs over there.
I stopped going there April 2013 - do you still participate in KD forum?

He was constantly changing the rules and asking for "donations"  Roll Eyes.
I think I paid $25 for the  couple of years I was there, so I got my moneys worth  Grin.

Yes, I posted over there as Ponzi_unit. While I thought that was an appropriate name for an ever inflating stock market where you only made money if you could convince your children to pay more for stocks than you did, I didn't think it was appropriate for bitcoin Wink
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:59:01 PM

I can't wait to look at current threads about Bitcoin price predictions 5 years from now. So far every single thread understimated Bitcoin in one way or another. The trend doesn't seem to stop any time soon.

BitDreams

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:03:15 AM

Just got banned from his twitter account.  Grin http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229235

I told him that the internet of thing is only possible with the Bitcoin protocol.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:12:34 AM

Just got banned from his twitter account.  Grin http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229235

I told him that the internet of thing is only possible with the Bitcoin protocol.
Well he's right what more is there to say?
You're Idiots

2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:23:54 AM

Confirms why I left and never went back.  Cheesy
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:27:42 AM

He suffers from Bitcoin Envy. He missed the boat ride to the moon!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: