Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:23:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we break $1000, are we going to see another ATH?  (Read 2388 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:01:43 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 06:40:04 PM by Amph

I doubt it very much. And even IF we will see a new ATH it's nothing but a fad.
Why?! You ask...? Simple, the technical fundamentals to support this value are still missing, bitcoin does not scale, SegWit has been rejected by the community. Bitcoin does not offer privacy. And most importantly price-wise; the orderbooks are extremely weak.

Keep quacking, maybe some noobs will fall for your BS.

Do you actually have arguments against my case or you just like to shout nonsense and stick your head in the sand?

well your argument about privacy is a bit stupid if you compare it to fiat and people like to use fiat otherwise they would all use bitcoin already, it's more anonymous than fiat will ever be

bitcoin was never mean to be anonymous at 100% but you can actually make it so, with some work

scaling will be forced at soem point when the fee will be so damn high that the block must be increase, i guess they are all waiting for that...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:09:17 AM

Yesterday the exchange rate of bitcoin for the second time this year have overcome a mark 1000$ after a long correction, which resulted in the price fell to 750$. Additional factors to growth rates continue to be the deepening of economic crisis in China and political instability in Europe and the United States after assuming the office of President of the United States Donald Trump. All this is making investors to shift some funds in a secure safe-haven assets, and bitcoin is already several years is considered to be one of them.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6080

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:21:53 PM

OK, after the last price increase it seems clear to me that the price wants to retest the ATH/double top at ~$1150.

In my opinion there are two possible outcomes:

- a triple top. Its a possibility that the bullish sentiment is not strong enough to break the ATH.  I know kwukduck is one of these nordic guys in the forest, but what he said in this post is partly true: Bitcoin's fundamentals are pretty weak at this moment. There are, at least, no fundamental bullish indicators like a Segwit adoption in the near future or a working LN.

- we break the ATH, but crash hard after a fast hype-like rally up to about $2000. That was my prediction in late December that didn't hold true (we crashed earlier but not so hard). It is based on the hypothesis that there is a strong bullish sentiment now based on the belief that the "halving" last year has a long-term bullish incidence on the price, like it occured in 2013. But the sentiment could abruptly turn bearish because I expect a transaction volume explosion in such a rally, and Bitcoin's not ready for it at the moment with its full blocks.

PS: MtGox's ATH was $1242 according to Bitcoinity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 12:09:36 AM

OK, after the last price increase it seems clear to me that the price wants to retest the ATH/double top at ~$1150.

In my opinion there are two possible outcomes:

- a triple top. Its a possibility that the bullish sentiment is not strong enough to break the ATH.  I know kwukduck is one of these nordic guys in the forest, but what he said in this post is partly true: Bitcoin's fundamentals are pretty weak at this moment. There are, at least, no fundamental bullish indicators like a Segwit adoption in the near future or a working LN.

- we break the ATH, but crash hard after a fast hype-like rally up to about $2000. That was my prediction in late December that didn't hold true (we crashed earlier but not so hard). It is based on the hypothesis that there is a strong bullish sentiment now based on the belief that the "halving" last year has a long-term bullish incidence on the price, like it occured in 2013. But the sentiment could abruptly turn bearish because I expect a transaction volume explosion in such a rally, and Bitcoin's not ready for it at the moment with its full blocks.

PS: MtGox's ATH was $1242 according to Bitcoinity.

So it seems to start sellin Bitcoin at $1100+ isn't a bad idea. I sold about .6 at $1020.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 12:14:36 PM

-snip-
So it seems to start sellin Bitcoin at $1100+ isn't a bad idea. I sold about .6 at $1020.

selling bitcoin when price of it goes up is never a bad idea, but as long as you are willing to accept the risks of selling it.

we have all seen time and again when price goes up, you sell and then price keeps going higher and even after the correction it no longer comes back to where you have sold.

so if you can accept this risk then sell, enjoy the profit, and buy back if you could. otherwise you will end up losing a lot of money and so many good opportunities.

--looking for signature--
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 04:20:21 PM

-snip-

selling bitcoin when price of it goes up is never a bad idea, but as long as you are willing to accept the risks of selling it.

we have all seen time and again when price goes up, you sell and then price keeps going higher and even after the correction it no longer comes back to where you have sold.

so if you can accept this risk then sell, enjoy the profit, and buy back if you could. otherwise you will end up losing a lot of money and so many good opportunities.

Looksl ike we're not going to break $1050 after yesterday's rise into the $1030's and $1040's. I suspect a downward trend is upon us soon.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:58:07 PM

-snip-

Selling shouldn't be a problem when you stick to cashing out small amounts. If the price goes down you'll be able to buy back at lower levels. If the price goes up further you'll be able to benefit in the way that you can cash out another portion, but now at higher levels. That's why people should never sell all their coins at once as the chances are very high that it will end up in a big disappointment. Same basically goes up for when you're buying coins. Never go all in.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 05:07:41 PM

-snip-

Looksl ike we're not going to break $1050 after yesterday's rise into the $1030's and $1040's. I suspect a downward trend is upon us soon.

Downtrend is possible if this increase is just a hype, but I do believe about whales manipulation.  So thinking about the future change and referring to the graph is useless, it is all up to the hand of the whales, I just hope they are not willing to cash out at this price and aimed higher. Though Price is getting stuck at what range it is now, is this an indication of bulls being exhausted? If so, then we can probably see a downtrend as what  I quoted say.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

-snip-

Downtrend is possible if this increase is just a hype, but I do believe about whales manipulation.  So thinking about the future change and referring to the graph is useless, it is all up to the hand of the whales, I just hope they are not willing to cash out at this price and aimed higher. Though Price is getting stuck at what range it is now, is this an indication of bulls being exhausted? If so, then we can probably see a downtrend as what  I quoted say.

What you are not seeing is the range of bitcoin is moving up before it was moving around 750 to 840$ but now the range is above 1k $ so it will break the All time high price this time it is only a small matter of time. This small correction is to make the weak hands to sell of so that whales can move up the price after that.
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 08:41:34 PM

-snip-

What you are not seeing is the range of bitcoin is moving up before it was moving around 750 to 840$ but now the range is above 1k $ so it will break the All time high price this time it is only a small matter of time. This small correction is to make the weak hands to sell of so that whales can move up the price after that.

I mean, no one knows this for sure. I might just hold though, I've already liquidated a little bit into USD.

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:04:43 PM

I think it's going down a Little bit because people just don't get used to buy a bitcoin at +1000$, I think 900$ seemed to be consolidating, but not 1000$. so I think we are going to at least 900-950ish for some days before rallying again. My two cents
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:52:42 PM

I think it's going down a Little bit because people just don't get used to buy a bitcoin at +1000$, I think 900$ seemed to be consolidating, but not 1000$. so I think we are going to at least 900-950ish for some days before rallying again. My two cents

I think $1000 is a big floor that we are seeing consolidation right now in front of our eyes. Sooner or later the days of the 3 figure per bitcoin will be over forever, so it's only a matter of time when this is the case. Looks like this time is a good time to never see 3 figures ever again.
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

I think $1000 is a big floor that we are seeing consolidation right now in front of our eyes. Sooner or later the days of the 3 figure per bitcoin will be over forever, so it's only a matter of time when this is the case. Looks like this time is a good time to never see 3 figures ever again.

We're seeing a slow but steady grind up it seems, with like 1-2% daily growth in the last couple days. If this keeps up, I feel like once $1100 is broken, FOMO will set in some more and the rate of growth will accelerate even further.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: