Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is not a scam, more like an IPO  (Read 732 times)
mobydick (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:56:21 AM

Ripple is being run by guys from Prosper and Mt. Gox. 

The idea of the company starting out with most of the stock is the same as a publicly-traded company and they have big time silicon valley investors.

Could they dilute the price by releasing more ripples?  Sure, but big time companies float more stock all the time without damaging their share price.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/idUSnMKW5973a+e0+MKW20130411
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:20:05 AM

It needs to be added that this is about the original founder of Mt. Gox not the current owner of it.
rodmanqs

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:28:36 AM

Ripple (XRP) is the name for both a digital currency (XRP) and an open payment network within which that currency is transferred. It is a distributed, open-source payments system that's still in beta. The goal of the ripple system, according to its website, is to enable people to break free of the "walled gardens" of financial networks - i.e., credit cards, banks, PayPal and other institutions that restrict access with fees, charges for currency exchanges and processing delays.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:37:16 AM

I have heard a lot of people claiming that ripple is a scam. It is centralized and its controlled by somebody from the inside. Well despite those claims, ripple has continued to increase and has continued to destroy what is believed by many. I have had ripple before and because of these claims i gave up my coins. But then i realized i don't have to believe everything is said about a coin so i bought again and im holding it for more than a year now.
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:04:56 PM

The idea of the company starting out with most of the stock is the same as a publicly-traded company and they have big time silicon valley investors.

Could they dilute the price by releasing more ripples?  Sure, but big time companies float more stock all the time without damaging their share price.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/idUSnMKW5973a+e0+MKW20130411
That's a bad combination. A centralized coin and a legendary Mt. Gox that make old investors bleed. Your investment your decision. Ripple is a good coin to trade for short term, but I'm not too confident when it comes to long term.
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:36:49 AM

It seems that this topic is too old but now we can see that the ripple is doing its job well. It's a successful ICO and the current value of the ripple has reached the top 3 of coinmarketcap. Ripple has made important updates to its source code and works with many major banks around the world. And we have seen that ripples are not fraudulent. It's a really serious project.
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:53:03 AM

I think it's just vague assumptions, Ripple is a strong coin, they are managed by a professional Team, you look and see, Ripple is working with banks, Amazon and westren union, I find it strange if people say Ripple is a fraud , I do not mind if Ripple looks like an IPO.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:58:10 AM

Sometimes people's idea and opinions makes ruin our mind here inside the forum, and sometimes we consider and thankful to those people having high knowledge on this business, but the situations of ripple coin now is increasing higher compare before, and many times I heard that ripple is shit coin but until now ripple still exist and their price and their popularity also developed and become price more also developed. So I wonder why people says bad about ripple, and despite of many bad issues about ripple they still survive and increasing their popularity as a demand coin.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: