Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoNote is not about creating yet another digital currency [Not AltCoin]  (Read 303 times)
_nur (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

The current power distribution on our planet is the legacy of the world where the economy is controlled by the few. The status quo was shaped throughout centuries, making human beings engage in rat races, detrimental rivalry, and bloodshed. In spite of humanity's hope to overcome local crises through education and internationalization, we still fail to have full control over our lives.
However, state-of-the-art advancements in technology, mathematics, and cryptography may become the key to subvert this paradigm. The advent of cryptocurrencies is the first sign that the new world is coming. It is marked with a hope that the economy will interlace with the technology, that communities will set new transparent principles, and impartial cryptographic algorithms will control its implementation.
It is in our philosophy to encourage enlightenment through breakthrough innovations. Emancipation begins with laymen getting access to financial resources that will give the oppressed the hope for quality education, drinking water, and a better life. CryptoNote is not about creating yet another digital currency. It is the mindset and concepts that represent the first small step to regain the power over ourselves in order to live peacefully and prosper.

https://cryptonote.org/inside

cryptonote is not an altcoin - altcoin = bitcoin fork
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:43:03 PM

That is why they are called cryptonotes since they are not alternative coins. I am puzzled by your post that says cryptonote is not an altcoin - altcoin = bitcoin fork. What does it mean I am confused with the way you describe it. But one thing is for sure that cryptonotes have a future and I believe in that. Right now I am mining bytecoins hope it will increase in value in the years to come.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:04:45 PM

If someone is confused then i can help. I do not know what CryptoNote is supposed to be, but...
Besides Bitcoin there are other different Coins. Some of them are coins created independent from Bitcoin, some of them are a Bitcoin fork, but all of them are altcoins.
An Altcoin is a coin that is not Bitcoin, regardless if is was forked from Bitcoin or not. So if CryptoNote is not Bitcoin and not an altcoin, then it is not a coin at all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: