Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:45:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First investments in bitcoins  (Read 7389 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:15:26 PM

Back in the newbie days, When i was a newbie and when i did my very first investment on bitcoin and i can say that is one of the decision that i regret because i invested almost 500$ on bitcoin and use all those amounts to invest on a HYIP site and just after a few weeks it turned into scam and i don't get even 50% of my investment and when that happened it is very hard for me to trust any investment site anymore especially those investment sites that promises big returns on a short time.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:13:20 PM

Hi everybody, I am quite new in this new market and have a lot of interest in it. After advices from friends, i have put some money in Ethereum by the fact that i like their project which has a global view on the world. Moreover, i have also put some money in Monero.

Now, i am confused to invest in the long run for some bitcoins. Why ? Because prices are already really high but after reading a lot analysis, predictions are quite high.
What do you think about investment in some bitcoins at this high Price ? Thanks guys
Don’t rush it the most important thing is to keep yourself informed and this forum is a good source of information, wait take some time, a few weeks or months and try to see for yourself the movement of the bitcoin price, finally when it reaches a low enough price for you buy as much as you can and then wait for the right opportunity to sell.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:27:25 AM

Hi everybody, I am quite new in this new market and have a lot of interest in it. After advices from friends, i have put some money in Ethereum by the fact that i like their project which has a global view on the world. Moreover, i have also put some money in Monero.

Now, i am confused to invest in the long run for some bitcoins. Why ? Because prices are already really high but after reading a lot analysis, predictions are quite high.
What do you think about investment in some bitcoins at this high Price ? Thanks guys
Don’t rush it the most important thing is to keep yourself informed and this forum is a good source of information, wait take some time, a few weeks or months and try to see for yourself the movement of the bitcoin price, finally when it reaches a low enough price for you buy as much as you can and then wait for the right opportunity to sell.

Indeed, you must learn how things work first before you first dive into it. But, I think it is still a great way to learn when you're actually already into it. Investing and trading cannot be learned just by studying theories and reading about it, you will not achieve anything there. Go do it and experience it for yourself and you will learn more than what the books tell you.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:33:25 AM

Well i think it would've been better if you were a bit early in your btc investment. even me, i'd be thinking really hard right now to puchase bitcoins with the price this high. i still have a lot of btcs i'm holding on right now and i don't think i'm that confident on buying btcs. i think i'll just hold on to what i currently have and then wait a couple of months as i'm sure the price would go down also. if you ask me, i won't be buying any bitcoins at the moment, try to focus on other altcoins first as i think now is selling or holding time
There are moments to buy, to hold or to sell, right now it seems it is a good time to just hold our coins or if you need to sell, the price is just to high right now if you are planning to get some profits fast, I will only recommend buying if you are planning to hold for several years.
Vorth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:46:24 AM

Hey mate, it is not that easy to indulge yourself into something that makes you only curious, in investing money and time you need passion to it. It might not that easy to have but as the time goes by when your passion really drives you to success then it is good.
You also need that some learning to get from your advisers and friends out there, they might help you on that, then in some research.
But as above posted, it is better to experience it by your own not relaying yourself to other’s experience because maybe your fate is different from theirs, but it is good to collect some ideas on how to grow and start on.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:22:42 AM

Hey mate, it is not that easy to indulge yourself into something that makes you only curious, in investing money and time you need passion to it. It might not that easy to have but as the time goes by when your passion really drives you to success then it is good.
You also need that some learning to get from your advisers and friends out there, they might help you on that, then in some research.
But as above posted, it is better to experience it by your own not relaying yourself to other’s experience because maybe your fate is different from theirs, but it is good to collect some ideas on how to grow and start on.

You forgot to see the essence of positioning in your investments which is an essential part of any part of profit taking. As you can see Bitcoin's price is way to high to buy more Bitcoin. The best time for buying it was awhile back in January where is drop back to 700$. This assures you that you are in a safe position to wait for it to grow.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 09:28:35 AM

You forgot to see the essence of positioning in your investments which is an essential part of any part of profit taking. As you can see Bitcoin's price is way to high to buy more Bitcoin. The best time for buying it was awhile back in January where is drop back to 700$. This assures you that you are in a safe position to wait for it to grow.
You forgot  Grin that we can't go back to January and buy bitcoin as much as we could.
You forgot again, the best time to buy a lot of bitcoin was in 2009. As we can't go back to the past (we wish), there is no perfect time to buy, but we know $1000 is the settle price, so whenever the dip occurs, chance to buy.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 11:24:15 AM

The first investment I did was to buy some of the bitcoin in 2014. then the price increase after waiting for several months.
I get a gain of about 500USD. I was pleased and happy to have to know bitcoin for the year.
This was a very nice investiing strategy, buying bitcoin in the 2014, because if you really hold on to your coin up to know for sure you are totally having fun on looking at your wallet.
Because its value is not only doubled but almost quadruple now and still growing up. I was invested small amount of bitcoin it was less than 1 btc but then I was tempted to get the money and sell it to fiat when it grew up.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Mbah Slamet

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:21:48 PM

I'm late known about bitcoin, I just know bitcoin bitcoin on July or after the events of the halving day, that moment on TV preaching about halving day bitcoin so many miners bitcoin complained, because the result is cut in half.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:38:25 PM

I'm late known about bitcoin, I just know bitcoin bitcoin on July or after the events of the halving day, that moment on TV preaching about halving day bitcoin so many miners bitcoin complained, because the result is cut in half.
Don't say that you are late, we are never too late. You can start even now, now that you knew bitcoin invest now, don't think well as you can see how bitcoin has become so far and everyday a lot of users are getting interested in it and joining trading as well as signature campaigns. That is good, you watch news always so you'll be updated.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:13:42 PM

The first investment I did was to buy some of the bitcoin in 2014. then the price increase after waiting for several months.
I get a gain of about 500USD. I was pleased and happy to have to know bitcoin for the year.
I'm sure if you buy a lot of bitcoin in that year, you can be rich today. because the price increase is now more than 2-fold. when I first invested in bitcoin. I just bought some mbtc only. due to capital constraints
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:27:34 PM

Indeed, you must learn how things work first before you first dive into it. But, I think it is still a great way to learn when you're actually already into it. Investing and trading cannot be learned just by studying theories and reading about it, you will not achieve anything there. Go do it and experience it for yourself and you will learn more than what the books tell you.
I also think that avoid being in a hurry is an important thing to learn, because in this market you have to take time to analyze each investment and every move. And when it comes to altcoins market, the investor is trading digital assets that have high volatility, some have sharp price declines and can take months, or years to recover, and that is one reason why this market requires good analysis to make the best decisions.
South Park

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:05:20 PM

This is similar to my story I bought bitcoin when it was close to 200 dollars, and then the price double I think in a matter of weeks at the time, I was not looking for an investment but as a way to pay for some services so I got a lot more for my money than I could otherwise.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:19:50 AM

I'm sure if you buy a lot of bitcoin in that year, you can be rich today. because the price increase is now more than 2-fold. when I first invested in bitcoin. I just bought some mbtc only. due to capital constraints

You right, and now the price is very expensive. The first time I know bitcoin is about 1 year ago, when it was priced around $280 bitcoin. That time I bought about 5 btc and I invested into some cloud mining programs like Hashocean, CLDMine, Topmine and so on. When I get the payment, I'm very sure that cloud mining very promising, so I bought 10 btc in April 2016 to invest again. But that happened was in July is all cloud mining closed so that I lose about 6 btc.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:42:31 AM

You forgot  Grin that we can't go back to January and buy bitcoin as much as we could.
You forgot again, the best time to buy a lot of bitcoin was in 2009. As we can't go back to the past (we wish), there is no perfect time to buy, but we know $1000 is the settle price, so whenever the dip occurs, chance to buy.
You can't really tell when that dip will occur, wether you are a professional trader or not. Bitcoin is unpredictable, you don't know what will happen soon. Part of it, I'm still glad that it does run so good. Don't miss its oppurtunity, it only knock ones. Use bitcoin since it has a good platform. Better to buy some bitcoins if you don't need money urgently and you are willing to wait, sure that is will gives a higher chance of probability of profit.
dxypp005

Activity: 212

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:05:05 AM

You can't really tell when that dip will occur, wether you are a professional trader or not. Bitcoin is unpredictable, you don't know what will happen soon. Part of it, I'm still glad that it does run so good. Don't miss its oppurtunity, it only knock ones. Use bitcoin since it has a good platform. Better to buy some bitcoins if you don't need money urgently and you are willing to wait, sure that is will gives a higher chance of probability of profit.
Yes. Bitcoin is unpredictable, you do not know the next second it will rise or fall. Of course, $1000 may be a bit high, but if you miss now, perhaps bitcoin will rise, even if it will not fall below $1000. Everything is speculation. My view is that bitcoin is a good product of long-term investment, it is worth buying.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:38:39 AM

My first invenstment in bitcoin is buying some altcoin in 2014, i'm still a newbie and got tempted to buy some altcoins. The result was bad but it was an important experience for me. Bitcoin price right now is quite high, but i still believe that the price can go higher than this, but if you think the price is too high, you can wait if it will fall.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

casinosblockchain.io

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:43:20 AM

Before you start investing, you need to know more about investment to prevent failure and end to lose your money. Investor must be have an experienced in trading because some company, in the few day they will pay and after a several days they will run. That is the reason why you need to have an experienced in investing. But the investment site in this forum is very trusted, so don't worry.

South Park

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:52:56 PM

Back in the newbie days, When i was a newbie and when i did my very first investment on bitcoin and i can say that is one of the decision that i regret because i invested almost 500$ on bitcoin and use all those amounts to invest on a HYIP site and just after a few weeks it turned into scam and i don't get even 50% of my investment and when that happened it is very hard for me to trust any investment site anymore especially those investment sites that promises big returns on a short time.
It is always hard when you get scammed but take it as a lesson, bitcoin offers many opportunities to earn but at the same time we cannot be naive and think we are going to multiply our money simply by having bitcoin, we need to work hard for it and eventually we will get some profits.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:41:12 AM

I don't see any wrong to your friend's advice, they gave you a good advice actually. Though the price was so high anyhow, but still a good assets investment, if you want to explore  more things about investing in some other coins you can check coinmarketcap.com on which coins for you is the best to invest in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: