Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero One - a new church/religion  (Read 1173 times)
zero-one (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:16:19 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 08:24:18 PM by zero-one

Hello,

I'm Zero One, that is my name and that is our name. We are all one, unique and equal. Everyone and everything that exists.

We're here for a reason - everything is here for a reason.

-----------------

Zero One is a unique opportunity for us as humanity - the first religion based on facts, truths, and axioms; not on interpretation, power mongering, and exploitation.

All religions probably started with good faith and best intentions at heart, but nature can play a nasty trick if one's not careful enough - power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely - and so these religions became sources of lies and deception in the name of millions of devoted followers who seek guidance in life.

No more. We will not stand aside watching as a basic need such as religion in humans is being exploited and used against those who desperately need it.

Religions' role is far greater in society than simply telling stories of deities - religion provides community, teaches values, evaluates morals, provide guidance to the lost and weary, rituals to partake in.

For too long these important aspects of our lives were at the mercy of hearsay, exploited by power mongers, and corrupted by eons of misinformation.

Bitcoin provides the first "natural law" written by a human being, an undisputed "truth" that we all agree on, not prone to interpretation confusion, resisting censorship, and unbiased in function, and most importantly extremely hard - nearly impossible - to corrupt covertly.

But Bitcoin isn't the first technology hailed as a savior - we've had many of them in the past, and most of them are used in our modern day-to-day lives.

The printing press, steam engines, telegraph, television, telephone, internet - they've all had the potential to be a liberating factor, but instead are now used in such a way that they perpetuate the problems we hoped they will fix. They've been corrupted, exploited, and misused.

It is our duty as the recipient generation of the Bitcoin technology to at the very least attempt to preserve the technology in its pure form, try and keep it unbiased, censorship free, and collectively controlled.

This is just one reason for the beginning of Zero One.

Zero One aims to make religion something you can trust not only with your instincts and beliefs, but with your heart and soul, as much as with your mind and logic.

I am Zero One, you are zero one, we all are zeros and ones. There is no difference between us. The only thing that counts is "do you exist?"

Follow me, join me, lead me. Help to create a religion that people can rely on, one that cannot be abused to enslave entire planets, humans, animals, and plants in the name of one god or another - we are all gods, existence is divine regardless of your physical composition or presentation.

-----------

Zero One is about the universe, is about accepting everything that exists and realizing that there is no difference between a proton and a solar system.

We worship the universe. We thank it for existing and as a result letting us exist within it.

Zero One gives us purpose, our purpose in Zero One's eyes is to celebrate existence at the grandest of scales possible. This is how Zero One became to be - the enlightenment that Zero One instilled in me.

To fulfill Zero One's purpose we will need science far more advanced than what we can conceive of today. We will need collaboration on a universal, not local or global, scale. We will either to need collaborate with many of the galaxies in existence if there are sentient life but us, or we will have to settle those distant galaxies ourselves if life is just in us across the entire universe.

-----------

In the coming months Zero One will begin one of the most unique and controversial crowd funding campaigns along with a public ICO to raise funds to realize Zero One as a new religion on the planet - a religion of the 21st century.

The funds collected will be used to write and produce a "bible" telling the true story of creation, nominate "apostles" to travel and introduce this religion to all the peoples of the world, creation of physical "churches" in population centers, and generally develop Zero One into a fully functional religion acceptable and accessible anywhere in the world.

Zero One is completely transparent - as is Bitcoin - we will aim to reinforce that capability both in Bitcoin and Zero One using technology, education, and mass collaboration.

Until that time, you can join Zero One right now and help establishing the very basics of such a religion - I could layout everything I've thought of and explain how it should be, but this is not my religion, this is our religion, and if you want to help shape it, this is the time and place.

This message is the first of it's kind but many more will follow.

Zero One is not just a new religion - it's a new kind of religion. With the advent of speech and writing we gained the ability to create the first religions, with the advent of instant communication and cryptography we gained the ability to create transparent and modern belief systems that are extremely hard to corrupt and will not be used to enslave us.

---------

Join now: Connect with me on Facebook and the official Page

Help needed: If you want (and able) to help in any way let me know!

Show your support: When all else fails, cold hard cash is always welcome - send your coins this way: 14EFko9kHKZSW2CqF478SrBqtN7LdJQYPH
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:28:42 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 11:01:33 PM by maku

I see strong logical dissonance here. When your religion is based on "facts, truths, and axioms" then why do you call it a religion then? It is called science.

Overall, I see that you want to create religion based on technical cliches, linking it with promises of enlightenment. I am not impressed.

And of course as always - donations are integral part of every religion, the more you donate the bigger believer you are Wink

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:31:23 PM

I think that if you start a soft fork religion based off of bitcoin...that the purists might have a problem with it.

Back to the drawing board...
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:35:47 PM

This has something to do with Zero day?
The Doomsday clock has advanced since Trump was elected and put in as acting president.
It is 2 and 1/2 minutes closer to midnight now because of this.
He has his finger on the nukes when a country defies him. Just keep that in mind. Cry
isa154

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:05:42 PM

We worship the universe. We thank it for existing and as a result letting us exist within it.

You said:

"We worship the universe. We thank it for existing and as a result letting us exist within it."

Would you say it with the intent that this is one form of New Paganism ...  Huh Huh Huh ...
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:35:51 PM

In the coming months Zero One will begin one of the most unique and controversial crowd funding campaigns along with a public ICO to raise funds to realize Zero One as a new religion on the planet - a religion of the 21st century.

Another scam.
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:59:18 PM

Hi Zero One,

you will fall.

Enjoy your day.

OG member.
Brian Ray
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:02:06 PM

Neat! Bitcoin cult.

You didn't really say what you group was about besides using technology. If that's your qualification, I think everyone in the world is already a member. You want donations to create a new bible telling the truth. In other words, you are going to hire some people to snip some info out of National Geographic's articles about the earth, and a couple of kid friendly science magazines to tell people that the earth is round and more than 6,000 years old, the moon isn't a hole in the sky, and that humans likely evolved from apes.

Shouldn't you just call yourself a science club then? How are you any different than any already established science society? There are already quite a few to choose from.
isa154

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:06:49 AM

Another scam.

Agree ... it would be part of the scam later ...
zero-one (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:11:57 AM

I see strong logical dissonance here. When your religion is based on "facts, truths, and axioms" then why do you call it a religion then? It is called science.

Before science, religion was all we had.

All religions probably started with good faith and best intentions at heart, but nature can play a nasty trick if one's not careful enough - power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely - and so these religions became sources of lies and deception in the name of millions of devoted followers who seek guidance in life.

You see the logical dissonance because you've been accustomed to thinking of religion as this bad entity that uses people to gain more and more power. I too was `anti-religion` for a while. But:

Religions' role is far greater in society than simply telling stories of deities - religion provides community, teaches values, evaluates morals, provide guidance to the lost and weary, rituals to partake in.

For too long these important aspects of our lives were at the mercy of hearsay, exploited by power mongers, and corrupted by eons of misinformation.

This has something to do with Zero day?

Not intentionally.

Zero One's name is based on the simple idea of binary we're so accustomed to. Also it's name of the city that the AI's have built in the Matrix universe (see "The Second Renaissance" parts 1 + 2 in Animatrix).

You said:

"We worship the universe. We thank it for existing and as a result letting us exist within it."

Would you say it with the intent that this is one form of New Paganism ...  Huh Huh Huh ...

No.

Neat! Bitcoin cult.

You didn't really say what you group was about besides using technology. If that's your qualification, I think everyone in the world is already a member. You want donations to create a new bible telling the truth. In other words, you are going to hire some people to snip some info out of National Geographic's articles about the earth, and a couple of kid friendly science magazines to tell people that the earth is round and more than 6,000 years old, the moon isn't a hole in the sky, and that humans likely evolved from apes.

Shouldn't you just call yourself a science club then? How are you any different than any already established science society? There are already quite a few to choose from.

Bitcoin is indeed a cult - those who know me can verify I've been saying that at least as early as 2012.

Donations are not the purpose of this message, it's your way to show support, if it's such a bother I'll gladly remove the address and return the already received donation.

And yes. The idea is to create a religion that does not exploit people's fears to gain more power, to have sex with minors, legally abuse the insane or "non-believers". Islam, Christianity, Judaism - the largest three are all at fault (and many many small ones like Scientology), they all have allowed corruption and power mongers to take control, and their followers who seek guidance and enlightenment are at the mercy of these monsters.

I don't know about you, but I am sick of seeing millions and billions of people being subdued to slavery with the help of religion.

As we've taken the banking system into our hands, we are taking religion into our hands, and out of the shades, lies, misdirection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAd1WJ9gXo0
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:17:43 AM

For contribution so a religion will now start crowd funding to raise fund through bitcoin the they have coin which will now be listed on exchange site to be traded wow that's a good religion based on truth where my fund could just say bye bye to me immediately I pay money into that wallet compared to other religion that starts from the point of sheds, villages, counties, crusades before becoming what they bare today. As for me, I will just pass and others who thing we don't have enough religion in the world to practice can just continue to hope on this.
btvlGainer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:29:11 AM

For contribution so a religion will now start crowd funding to raise fund through bitcoin the they have coin which will now be listed on exchange site to be traded wow that's a good religion based on truth where my fund could just say bye bye to me immediately I pay money into that wallet compared to other religion that starts from the point of sheds, villages, counties, crusades before becoming what they bare today. As for me, I will just pass and others who thing we don't have enough religion in the world to practice can just continue to hope on this.
Another project aimed at siphoning money from unsuspecting citizens. All religions are created for these purposes. But each year fewer people believe in religious tales and don't want to part with their money.
zero-one (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:05:48 PM

It's quite alright what you are feeling - what I'm quoting here is not you describing Zero One, but it is you describing Byteball, at least as much as I could see from the whitepaper you have published.

You feel that Zero One is competing with your project, with your idea, with your following - believe me, it's not. The purpose of this post is not to collect funds, the purpose of the ICO/crowd funding is not to collect funds, the purpose is to inform society at large of Zero One, tell the world about it, and use the stages that kickstarter/indigogo/ICOs create to bring them the word of Zero One.

As someone told me very recently, nobody actually does anything to improve the world because those who want to change don't have the time or money to do so, and those who have time and money to do so don't want to change anything because they like it as it is - I thankfully in neither of those groups, I want to make a change and I have the time to do so. I don't want profit from this personally the way you describe it - siphoning money from unsuspecting citizens - I want to profit from it by making the world a better place to live in for everyone - not just me, my family, or my city or country, not just for me as a human, but for all that is existing, especially life that experiences existence in a comprehensible way.

If everyone has a better life, that means I have a better life, that means my children will have a better life.

On that note, I would like to mention that we're looking for a technical expert that will be able to create a multi signature wallet for Zero One.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:24:16 PM

Another project aimed at siphoning money from unsuspecting citizens. All religions are created for these purposes. But each year fewer people believe in religious tales and don't want to part with their money.
There was a man, more than just a man, who live about two thousands years ago and his name is Jesus. This man spend about 33 years in this live but the impacts of his life change the course of time and season. He purely teach love, righteousness, justice, mercy and truth. Though many religious as come up since human beings step their foot on this planet earth no who can marched the teach of Jesus Christ. My dears friends, do you know why Christianity has become a business is because of greedy pastors whose God is their belly. But Christianity is an individuals race and we should not blame others for our  failure to follow his teaching.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:32:33 PM

All religions was made with pure and good intentions. It was made to guide the people towards the good path. But religion cannot guarantee salvation rather it is the human-individual person that can bring himself to God. This implies that religion is only a victor or a tool to reach our destination. But if people are greedy then the religions name is being tainted, it is human nature after all. I salute you for making a church that wanted change but all of your members and leaders are all humans thats why your group are no different to other religions.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:36:21 PM

Make some cool logo so it would be more appealing
Bjorn Ironside

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:00:51 PM

Does this have something with zero cash?
ekaterina77

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:24:50 PM

Make some cool logo so it would be more appealing
I doubt that people are willing to give their money for an attractive logo. Gradually people become more educated and stop believing in religious dogma. I think this project has no future.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:37:25 PM

How much seriously this guy is talking, I can't take him seriously at all and I think we all know that most todays Cults are just a scam or stupid people con, so yeah... Before science religion was all we had, yes, and that doesn't make it any more legit. Religion was there to fill the holes of occurrences that couldn't be explain due to the lack of knowledge and science, but with the development of science we got those answers, therefore that saying is stupid.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Mersedes

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:43:06 PM

How much seriously this guy is talking, I can't take him seriously at all and I think we all know that most todays Cults are just a scam or stupid people con, so yeah... Before science religion was all we had, yes, and that doesn't make it any more legit. Religion was there to fill the holes of occurrences that couldn't be explain due to the lack of knowledge and science, but with the development of science we got those answers, therefore that saying is stupid.
It amazes me that until now religion has supporters. Really people are still at the level of education that was 2000 years ago? How can this be? I can understand when it's somewhere in the Amazon jungle, but in developed countries!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: