Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unconfirmed  (Read 478 times)
robi72 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:10:41 PM

Hi,
I am new with BTC and I've read now a lot of threads about the topic "unconfirmed" or "stuck" transactions. Problem is: I sent the BTC six hours ago. I used the normal, standard fee. Now I read I should have used more, with dynamic what I will do the next time. First Question: Can I "cancell" the transaction and give more fee? Than it will probably faster?
Seconds: when I update linux/electrum is there a possability that I "loose" btc? Also: when I change the server, could I loose it?
After some hours a new problem is coming up now: in the lower left is always staning: "Synchronizing ..." nothing changes. Should I maybe get a other version?
I can be patient, if it will be sent in some hours, than its no problem. I just want to know, if a made a mistake Sad

Thanks!
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:22:40 PM

Hi,
I am new with BTC and I've read now a lot of threads about the topic "unconfirmed" or "stuck" transactions. Problem is: I sent the BTC six hours ago. I used the normal, standard fee. Now I read I should have used more, with dynamic what I will do the next time. First Question: Can I "cancell" the transaction and give more fee? Than it will probably faster?
Seconds: when I update linux/electrum is there a possability that I "loose" btc? Also: when I change the server, could I loose it?
After some hours a new problem is coming up now: in the lower left is always staning: "Synchronizing ..." nothing changes. Should I maybe get a other version?
I can be patient, if it will be sent in some hours, than its no problem. I just want to know, if a made a mistake Sad

Thanks!

First show us the transaction ID in order for us to have a better insight of the problem, although if you used the standard and not low fee after some time it will probably confirm sooner rather than later.

Transaction cannot be cancelled, you can try to rebroadcast it or ask some members here like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=181801 to help you in this although I don't think this is necessary unless it's an urgent matter for you.

When you update Linux/Electrum (for electrum always upgrade to the latest version, Electrum creator advice) you will not lose anything as long as you have the "SEED"

For stuck in Synchronizing I am using this specific server since November without having any problem electrum2.villocq.com
Try it.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:27:08 AM

Hi,

Unless you are in a hurry in most cases it is easier just to wait it out.

Seconds: when I update linux/electrum is there a possability that I "loose" btc?

Make sure you write down the seed and store it somewhere safe. As long as you have your wallet seed you can't lose your bitcoins.

Also: when I change the server, could I loose it?

The worst thing that can happen is that the server feeds your wallet incorrect transaction data and then you act on that and lose money/property because of it. But electrum takes steps to make that hard to do so it highly unlikely.

You should upgrade to the latest version because it has support for dynamic fees which make transaction confirmation delays much less likely.

The servers we all rely on are run by volunteers so they do sometimes go down. You can try switching to another server via tools > network. Also may be donate to the server operators  Smiley. You can see their address on the console tab.
robi72 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:49:58 PM

Thanks for your help!

I am in a big trouble now  Cry

1) after 2 days of waiting, I started linux again, turned on electrum, and see that the list of my sending isn't there ... it looks like I never sent anything; good thing: the BTC were back; in the lower left there stands NOT CONNECTED and the button of the server was red
2) so I upgraded my linux version, because you told me
3) after the upgrade, I wasn't able to start any program, so I started linux again. I see the boot screen, than the dialog in the beginning, but from there I can't move anything: no mouse and no keyboard. I tried it with the USB-Stick on 2 different computers and I am not able to start linux.
4) as nooby as I am I didn't saved the SEED, so I can't even install linux new and get connected Sad

But there is one hope: I saved the persistance on the USB-Stick.

What shall I do now? I am afraid that I lost the BTC now really!
Can I somehow install tails again and integrate the old persistance? Can I then login the old wallet without knowing the SEED, but phassphrase? Can I maybe fix the upgraded tails version which seen to be destroyed?

Thanks for 4 help ..
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 02:51:39 PM

Thanks for your help!

I am in a big trouble now  Cry

1) after 2 days of waiting, I started linux again, turned on electrum, and see that the list of my sending isn't there ... it looks like I never sent anything; good thing: the BTC were back; in the lower left there stands NOT CONNECTED and the button of the server was red
2) so I upgraded my linux version, because you told me
3) after the upgrade, I wasn't able to start any program, so I started linux again. I see the boot screen, than the dialog in the beginning, but from there I can't move anything: no mouse and no keyboard. I tried it with the USB-Stick on 2 different computers and I am not able to start linux.
4) as nooby as I am I didn't saved the SEED, so I can't even install linux new and get connected Sad

But there is one hope: I saved the persistance on the USB-Stick.

What shall I do now? I am afraid that I lost the BTC now really!
Can I somehow install tails again and integrate the old persistance? Can I then login the old wallet without knowing the SEED, but phassphrase? Can I maybe fix the upgraded tails version which seen to be destroyed?

Thanks for 4 help ..

Do you still have the transaction ID? If so paste it and we can check on the size of the fee etc and may be able to help accelerate it.

It is likely possible to fix the linux installation but it is difficult to say why it is not working correctly right now. Sounds like the mouse/keyboard drivers aren't working properly or something along those lines.

If the persistence is saved, you can likely recover your wallet from the USB stick on another working operating system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: