Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Launch a Minecraft server with Bitcoin  (Read 758 times)
sega01 (OP)

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:30:28 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 12:47:40 AM by sega01

https://launch.sporestack.com/#minecraft

I added a launch profile for Minecraft to SporeStack today. No account needed to spin up a server. Lasts for 1-28 days. Just vanilla, but if you spin it up via the SporeStack CLI you can SSH in and tailor it to your desires if you have the know-how.

Enjoy!

PS: Here's a video of it: https://youtu.be/DwB1bD_h6DU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:43:50 AM

that is cool. I will try it on tomorrow
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:57:21 AM

How big of a service are you? do you support multi player games and if yes how many max in 1 server?
You are announcing a service yet with not much information.

🖤😏
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:22:33 AM

How big of a service are you?
Doesn't matter.The fact that he is building really useful stuff which is worth paying for.I have been checking out his projects lately,must agree dude solves complex problems.As a programmer,it's impressive.
cz3kit

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:02:58 AM

Hearing first time about sporestack. Seems to like a pretty good idea. Need to have a better look on how all this works Smiley

I saw that you offer VPN, Mincecraft and Tor Relay. Is there more to come?

sega01 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:02:05 PM

Thank you all for your replies!

> do you support multi player games and if yes how many max in 1 server?

Yes, it's a Minecraft multiplayer server. I have not tested to see how many users it can handle, but my guess is in the 10-20 range on the 2GiB server I have it setup on. I created a Minecraft server with SporeStack, but no one ended up using it. Never got a good idea from that. You'd have to test and see, but if you find it's limited you can tune the configuration or build it out on a bigger server.

> Hearing first time about sporestack. Seems to like a pretty good idea. Need to have a better look on how all this works
> I saw that you offer VPN, Mincecraft and Tor Relay. Is there more to come?

Thank you! Anyone can contribute these scripts. You can see the repository here: https://github.com/sporestack/node-profiles

README is incomplete, but I'm happy to give any feedback you like if this is something you want to try out.

I haven't had any ideas of things to write myself, but I'm working on porting more of my own infrastructure to SporeStack. For the most part, that's just go-beyond.org.

I use a slightly different method with launch.sporestack.com (open source) because there are some private files that need to be pushed up: https://github.com/sporestack/launch.sporestack.com/blob/master/deploy.sh

I think that game server and VPNs work out quite well for this. Things like Wordpress or services requiring that you keep state are more tricky and need more tooling. I am working on better ways to handle those down the road :-).

Do you have anything in mind that I could create a launch profile for?
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:18:07 PM

Would it be possible to add seedboxes/torrenting stuff like that? i think it would be very convenient for non heavy users to pay for like a day/hours.
sega01 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:04:18 PM

Would it be possible to add seedboxes/torrenting stuff like that? i think it would be very convenient for non heavy users to pay for like a day/hours.

I remember a site where you paid Bitcoin for them to act as a torrent proxy. They would fetch your torrent and then let you download over HTTPS. I can't find it anymore, but this is sort of similar: http://fuge.it/about

If it isn't used for illegal downloads and you don't go over the bandwidth limits (about 28GiB a day on the cheapest server), that's something I'm open to. But if I get abuse notices from obvious illegal activity, my only recourse will be to delete the server prematurely. Since you're paying in credit for the server, you'd be losing out a fair bit of time. I also don't want anything that would compromise SporeStack's reputation with the hosting company and might affect other users.

Does that seem reasonable?
cz3kit

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:27:57 PM

> Hearing first time about sporestack. Seems to like a pretty good idea. Need to have a better look on how all this works
> I saw that you offer VPN, Mincecraft and Tor Relay. Is there more to come?

Thank you! Anyone can contribute these scripts. You can see the repository here: https://github.com/sporestack/node-profiles

README is incomplete, but I'm happy to give any feedback you like if this is something you want to try out.

I haven't had any ideas of things to write myself, but I'm working on porting more of my own infrastructure to SporeStack. For the most part, that's just go-beyond.org.

I use a slightly different method with launch.sporestack.com (open source) because there are some private files that need to be pushed up: https://github.com/sporestack/launch.sporestack.com/blob/master/deploy.sh

I think that game server and VPNs work out quite well for this. Things like Wordpress or services requiring that you keep state are more tricky and need more tooling. I am working on better ways to handle those down the road :-).

Do you have anything in mind that I could create a launch profile for?

Will definitely read it and have a look Smiley I don't have yet any ideas but maybe in the future Cheesy It's always good to know that there is a project like yours and that it is open source. As soon I have an idea I will let you know Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: