Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:49:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for unfixably-broken S9s, hopefully in large quantities  (Read 261 times)
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 07:35:58 AM

Hello, I'm interested in buying up broken/unusable S9 boards, mostly for the heatsinks.

I'm wondering if there are significant quantities of these floating around out there.

If your board is fixable you will get a better deal having it fixed -- I'm not trying to compete with the repair shops and not offering enough for that.  On the other hand it seems that if a single SMT land pad on the PCB is damaged even Bitmaintech's authorized warranty repair center will refuse to fix it and declare a total loss.

So it seems like there is a good chance that there are quite a few unfixable boards floating around out there, and as time goes on that pool will grow.

Still determining pricing, but probably in the ballpark of $210/miner or $70/board.  Less if the board has been lit on fire, more if I can get a large quantity in a single transaction.

Feel free to post below if you have any perspective on the market for these unfixable boards.

If you have a serious offer involving a significant number of boards, my email address is in my profile.  Please don't PM me, I don't read those.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: