Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does it feel to not sell at $250+  (Read 1286 times)
Jrock (OP)

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:52:09 AM

Grin

My sell everything order was at 250, I missed the top by a bit. However, I'm much better off then all of you still holding coins at this point  Cheesy

fingerpaint

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:55:12 AM

Grin

My sell everything order was at 250, I missed the top by a bit. However, I'm much better off then all of you still holding coins at this point  Cheesy

Cool story bro
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:58:57 AM

so at what price will you be buying back?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:00:27 AM

so at what price will you be buying back?

Let me guess...

$2  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:03:58 AM

Good for you Jrock, no one cares.
Jrock (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:05:09 AM

Nah I don't think it will go under 10-20 without a disaster. I'm gonna wait a bit, this may be the bottom right now, hard to say.

I feel like this crash has scared away a lot of the new people coming in and could slow down things for a while.

Just going ride it out till I see more movement upwards.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:05:24 AM

I have the same amount of coins from before it started going up and the same amount of coins coming back down (outside of my regular spending).

Feels good.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:06:15 AM

how does it feel to have sold <$1000?HuhHuhHuhHuh??   Tongue
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:06:32 AM

Grin

Good timing...

... And did you buy back in just now, under $60?

jbord39

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:06:42 AM

I have the same amount of coins from before it started going up and the same amount of coins coming back down (outside of my regular spending).

Feels good.

The only difference is now you have to spend 4x more coins for the same goods or services.
bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:08:51 AM

Feels good.

The only difference is now you have to spend 4x more coins for the same goods or services.
which means more fiat has to come into exchanges, which means BTC value will rise.....
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:10:05 AM

Meh it hurts but Im not trying to get rich quick, I believe in BTC longterm - not like a lot of the people who were buying recently just to make a quick buck
jbord39

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:12:07 AM

Feels good.

which means more fiat has to come into exchanges, which means BTC value will rise.....

I don't quite understand your point.  First I don't agree with the correlation that more money into exchanges means more BTC value.  Second this would imply that any drop in Dollars/BTC would be met with an increase in Dollars/BTC.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:14:23 AM

Feels good.

Ya, but my last 3-4 paychecks have been going toward saving up to pay the IRS.

Now that the IRS is paid I have many more paychecks ahead of me for buying as opposed to the one small(ish) buy I made in early February.

Consistent moving of dollars into bitcoins enables consistent purchasing goods and services with bitcoins. No matter the price.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:16:06 AM

Feels good.

I don't quite understand your point.  First I don't agree with the correlation that more money into exchanges means more BTC value.  Second this would imply that any drop in Dollars/BTC would be met with an increase in Dollars/BTC.

I guess it would mean more dollars per BTC.

bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:18:19 AM

Feels good.

if everyone has to buy 4x as many coins to purchase something, if an influx of people needing to buy something will have to buy 4x as many coins, thus making less coins available to speculators/investors.
Jrock (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:18:58 AM

Grin

Good timing...

Nah I'm waiting for now, as long as I get back in before 250 I win regardless. I don't think were going to break 200 in the short term again.

That was a panic/greed buying situation imo and not a fair/sustainable price at the moment. I'm sure it'll be well over 250 if becomes more adopatable, but that's down the road a bit I think.

evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:20:05 AM

if everyone has to buy 4x as many coins to purchase something, if an influx of people needing to buy something will have to buy 4x as many coins, thus making less coins available to speculators/investors.

This makes no sense at all.
bitcon
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:20:52 AM

FU all, i still say $300+ by june!
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:21:13 AM

Grin

Good timing...

Nah I'm waiting for now, as long as I get back in before 250 I win regardless. I don't think were going to break 200 in the short term again.

That was a panic/greed buying situation imo and not a fair/sustainable price at the moment. I'm sure it'll be well over 250 if becomes more adopatable, but that's down the road a bit I think.

Yes, of course -- the price was rising vertically. But ultimately BTC may be worth way more than that n the medium term (it either will tend to >1000, or 0).

IMO $55, just now... was the bottom. vertical descents are equally unsustainable.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: