Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [Poll] Gold vs. Bitcoin as an Investment - What’s Better?
Gold
Bitcoin
Other Altcoin
Company Stock

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Survey Poll] Gold vs. Bitcoin as an Investment  (Read 3754 times)
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:30:04 PM

If i were to choose between bitcoin and gold, I will choose bitcoin for now over gold since it's price is more volatile than gold. I will gain more profit on bitcoin because it got more of the price changes. Just to be on the safe side though, I would also like to invest in gold so that even if the other ends as failure, I have another to turn into since it is not wise to put all your eggs in one basket.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:22:26 PM

Gold vs. Bitcoin as an Investment - What’s Better?

If you had to invest strictly either in bitcoin or gold for next 15 years, what would it be?

Bitcoin:

It has been around for more than 6 Years. Faced all scam news, accusation and what not still always managed to make a comeback. It has a growing market cap of over 16.5 billion USD today. Demand is increasing an the supply of bitcoin will soon cease to grow. It cannot be duplicated unless someone invents a quantum computer to do so and BTW bitcoin is patch-able so it can improvise.

Gold:

It has been around for more than centuries. Trusted from era of human culture. Its estimated that the market cap of gold is 7.3 trillion USD (This more than 400 times the market cap of bitcoin today) so it far from oblivion. Gold is indeed limited and cannot be duplicated unless we invent a sustainable hadron collider in next 15 years.

What would it be?

Considering this survey is being conducted on a bitcoin forum, the results might hold prejudice.
Vote your choice above and justify it below!
When it comes to choosing between Gold and bitcoin, I had no doubt that Gold was really ancient a thousand of that has been used by our ancestors actually, it maybe increase weekly but its only s mall percentage value of gold unlike in bitcoin because of it volatility the chances of getting profit was very more advantage than a gold, the growth earnings in bitcoin was too fast unlike in gold was too slow though it will surely get high.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:57:57 PM

Maybe if I was allowed to choose both I would choose both, because gold and bitcoin can get a good profit. But because you say for next 15 years, I prefer gold. For a time during it, investment in gold I think is better because gold has been around a long time and price tends to rise each year. Besides the performance of gold is more stable than bitcoin, so gold is the best choice for a period as long as it (15 years).
mastermold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 03:46:37 PM

Assuming long term investment, I'd go for stocks.

If you have enough money and are sure you won't need it in a hurry then I've heard that buying and renting houses is profitable, but you'll make bigger profits if you get involved in looking at properties before you buy, fixing them up before you rent them, and doing some of the maintenance yourself, as well as collecting the rent. If you just hire a company to do all this for you, they will eat up most of your profits.

Most people don't need gold. If you've got lots of money, and don't want inflation or crisis to erase all your assets, then you might want to buy some gold.

And I would invest in bitcoin for short term like for two years maximum.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 03:51:31 PM

Maybe if I was allowed to choose both I would choose both, because gold and bitcoin can get a good profit. But because you say for next 15 years, I prefer gold. For a time during it, investment in gold I think is better because gold has been around a long time and price tends to rise each year. Besides the performance of gold is more stable than bitcoin, so gold is the best choice for a period as long as it (15 years).
As per diversifying rule,l I am also preferring to hold my investments in both gold and bitcoin, still I want to go more with bitcoin rather than just getting struck with an investment option like gold. Gold is probably the very old investment type, still its returns are not sufficient as per the demand now we are having for leading a life.

I guess to have better financial freedom in upcoming days, we must choose only bitcoin with long term plans.
revans

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 03:54:23 PM

If I have to choose between gold and bitcoin then my first choice would be go with bitcoin as it has ability to give me some best profits in short time and due to the price volatility I can make quick profits in short term which is simply impossible with gold.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Considering this survey is being conducted on a bitcoin forum, the results might hold prejudice.
Prejudice is unavoidable we are all biased toward something. If you would conduct this survey on gold holders forum or general investing forum the results would be different every time.
Most users of bitcointalk are after all bitcoin users or holders. It is only natural that bitcoin will win in every Poll. We still value a real commodity such as gold.
GOld is a solid investment, this asset won't be eaten by inflation as standard FIATs, but unlike bitcoin, gold don't have potential of making your rich in the long run.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1508

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:31:18 PM

Gold is definitely a widely accepted and time-tested investment avenue for many people over centuries. People with limited risk taking capability will definitely choose this investment over bitcoin because Gold price is not dynamic like bitcoin.

However, people with higher risk taking capability, will definitely choose bitcoin because of its dynamic price. Bitcoin can offer you a huge return over any other conventional investment avenue and people of younger age group likes that. because, they have longer time in hand compared to the aged people. For me, I would like to have good mix of both bitcoin and Gold. Probably 70% of the total investment in bitcoin and rest 30% in Gold.

icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:33:44 PM

As per diversifying rule,l I am also preferring to hold my investments in both gold and bitcoin, still I want to go more with bitcoin rather than just getting struck with an investment option like gold. Gold is probably the very old investment type, still its returns are not sufficient as per the demand now we are having for leading a life.

I guess to have better financial freedom in upcoming days, we must choose only bitcoin with long term plans.
Yes indeed gold is an investment that old and there are already more than 100 years, although it has been a long time I think it proves that gold is an investment that can survive very long and profitable. You're right, for financial freedom in the future maybe bitcoin right choice. We do not need the complicated requirements and simple, and of course we are free to manage investments. But I think both in the future still worth a try.
Bibite

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:59:17 PM

If you are looking for a short term plan investment then bitcoin is the way to go. But in the opposite if you are looking for a long term plan then gold is quite safe for this. Usually investing in gold is for long term of 10 years minimum. Also the ROI can be higher with bitcoin, considering the lengh of your plan. If i was going to choose, I would choose to mix both. Remember the golden rule, don't put all your eggs in the same shoes
kodoll

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:08:50 PM

If you are looking for a short term plan investment then bitcoin is the way to go. But in the opposite if you are looking for a long term plan then gold is quite safe for this. Usually investing in gold is for long term of 10 years minimum. Also the ROI can be higher with bitcoin, considering the lengh of your plan. If i was going to choose, I would choose to mix both. Remember the golden rule, don't put all your eggs in the same shoes
I always trusted more that I can hold in my hands or see with my own eyes. Based on this personal rule, I believe that bitcoin is a means for earning, and gold is a means for investing earned money. The fact is that gold in any case will be in your pocket, and bitcoin has a risk.
dntqwp02

Activity: 282

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:32:12 AM

Bitcoin,I only choose bitcoin.A few years ago, I invested in gold, resulting in a loss.Once bitten, twice shy.I will not invest in gold.

mynhpark

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:29:25 AM

First of all, Bitcoin (BTC) is a completely new asset class, a completely new form of money (medium of exchange) and a completely new store of wealth. As such, it is durable, divisible, transportable and noncounterfeitable (cannot be easily duplicated). However, the main risk of BTC compared with gold is that BTC is brand new compared to gold. That is why, it is wise to invest in both BTC and gold.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀

TEMCO

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
Deja

Activity: 330

Silverlink

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:45:04 AM

Gold is a 'hard' store of value mechanism, this means you will not be victim of volatility or high speculation, even in the case of war you have only to physically protect your gold to preserve it, so I would choose a merge between both, a gold backed crypto currency to raise its store of value properties to a new level.

Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:54:45 AM

I would choose bitcoin since it could give me more returns than gold.Moreover,it operates on a secured block chain technology.i hope my bitcoin investment willnot be taxed rather than gold.I could easily transform my bitcoins to any parts of the world if needed and with gold,i couldnot.My bitcoin investment is safe unless i reveal my wallet password.
Live.me

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:12:06 AM

in my opinion Bitcoin better than gold as an investment, because we can know the approximate price let's think for 1 month, and look in predictions price most people are correct with their prediction . in this case look guy which his predictions is reliable and may be correct
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Bitcoin,I only choose bitcoin.A few years ago, I invested in gold, resulting in a loss.Once bitten, twice shy.I will not invest in gold.

How can you lose on gold? You are using gold as short term investment? I never saw someone losing on gold, unless they are not taking it as long term investment, compare to gold bitcoin is much more profitable if only you trade it. But for long term investment I will still prefer gold because gold have more stable price and keep increasing
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:55:35 AM

Bitcoin the potential to increase is very high if you look the price of bitcoin thd price is very high they have to continously increase but investing in bitcoin is very risky because the price is increasing or decreasing compared to the gold the price is stable but the potentiL to increase your money is very little. Altcoin is the good choicr of investing because the price is little and you can wait onky to increase before you sell but be vigilant before buying altcoin do a research first.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:06:09 AM

bitcoin in all respect it's more mean for a long term investment not really short term, that belong to altcoin perhpas, it's very akin to gold they both shares the same property, but bitcoin carry more appetizing features

actually the rule about not pulling all the eggs etc.. is not always true, if you see an investment that can give you the same probability of success as another one why not investing it all there?

i see both gold and bitcoin very equal now, and it doesn't make sense to diversificate for the time being
Factmine

Activity: 310

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:26:10 AM

bitcoin in all respect it's more mean for a long term investment not really short term, that belong to altcoin perhpas, it's very akin to gold they both shares the same property, but bitcoin carry more appetizing features

actually the rule about not pulling all the eggs etc.. is not always true, if you see an investment that can give you the same probability of success as another one why not investing it all there?

i see both gold and bitcoin very equal now, and it doesn't make sense to diversificate for the time being

I disagree, bitcoins are more on short term (like 5 years and far less). Gold is for long term as it does not really fluctuate. Bitcoins are good investments if you were able to buy it at lower prices and wait till it goes up then sell when it is about to go down again. I see a trend in bitcoin prices, usually it drops on one point then gradually goes up then a quick and sharp gain is observed before it plummets really low. When it does, that's the best time to buy.

I, however, agree with the statement "the rule about not pulling all the eggs etc.. is not always true." there are quite a lot of times that you could just place all your money in one thing that it will surely be earning. Bitcoins prove to be one of those things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: