Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware Wallets  (Read 1918 times)
rvbtccom (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:04:19 PM

Hardware Wallets

Hardware wallets aren't free.
bitcoin hardware wallet The three most popular hardware wallets: KeepKeey, Ledger Nano S, and Trezor.

But the price can be worth if you own a significant amount of bitcoins.
How Hardware Wallets Work

Hardware wallets are secure, offline devices. They store your private keys offline so they can't be hacked.

This means you can even use one on a malware infected computer.
Why A Hardware Wallet with a Screen is Important

In the table below, you'll notice we show which hardware wallets have screens.

Screens provide extra security by verifying and displaying important wallet details. Since the hardware wallet is nearly impossible to hack, its screen is more trustworthy than data displayed on your computer.
Bitcoin Hardware Wallet Comparison

Check the table below for a quick comparison. Note:

We also did a detailed comparison of the three main ones: Ledger Nano S, Trezor, and KeepKey.

Ledger Nano S 58€ ($65) https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/ledger-nano-s/
The Ledger Nano S is the cheapest of the three hardware wallets with a screen at about $65. Ledger, one of the most well-known Bitcoin security companies, released the device in August 2016.

KeepKey $99 https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/keepkey/
KeepKey was released in September 2015 and was the second hardware Bitcoin wallet to offer a screen. The KeepKey's larger screen gives it some extra security features that the Nano S and Trezor lack.

Trezor $99
https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/trezor/
TREZOR launched in August 2014 as the first Bitcoin hardware wallet, offering secure cold storage plus the ability to spend with the convenience of a hot wallet. TREZOR is a small, key-sized device.

Ledger HW.1 17$ https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/ledger-hw1/
The Ledger HW.1 can be considered a budget hardware wallet. It does not have a screen, so it is not quite as secure as the three mentioned above. It will, however, give you more security than a hot wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:12:45 PM

Hardware Wallets

bitcoin hardware wallet The three most popular hardware wallets: KeepKeey, Ledger Nano S, and Trezor.

Some of them have build-in screen and some buttons to make it very hard or impossible for hackers to control it but we should understand that these are not free but the money invested in buying this completely worth if the amount of bitcoin is not small. Those hardware wallet that you mentioned are very powerful and are perfect.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

I really liked those reviews because they contain almost all the required information's for someone to make up his decision. I suggest doing a review on the Case Wallet because It's expensive and until now I couldn't find out how secure it is compared to the others and adding the number of units sold could be helpful as well.
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:23:33 AM

I really liked those reviews because they contain almost all the required information's for someone to make up his decision. I suggest doing a review on the Case Wallet because It's expensive and until now I couldn't find out how secure it is compared to the others and adding the number of units sold could be helpful as well.

I think is op write about hardware wallet price is cheap
Ledger HW.1  price only 17 dollar, i think is cheap

in here https://choosecase.com/ i can't ser review about price, iam try order is price fantasctic is expensive
Subtotal:                         $199.00
Shipping & Handling:         $20.00
Processing Fee:                 $5.90

Total:                        $224.90
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 09:19:39 AM

You actually don't need a screen because, for example the Ledger Nano (without screen)
delivers a security card, where you have to pick special Letter/Numbers from Transactionaddress.. and enter the "encrypted" letter/number.
Which makes it even impossible to send BTC's to a address different from the one which is seen on the screen.

Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:02:00 PM

Price is not the only consideration, at least for me.  I truly love the use of hardware wallets.  I use hardware WITH Electrum, which I also trust.  The cheaper wallet with a security card is in fact very SAFE.  The next consideration, for me anyway, is IF hardware wallets are safe how convenient are they to use?  For a cold storage, seldom being used, and not much mobility needed situation, then the cheaper wallet is OK.  For highly mobile, idiot proof screen protection, COMPLETELY HIDDEN wallets; a nice hardware wallet that supports construction of decoy wallets is what I want.  I even go as far as saying I NEED such a device, to allow me to sleep better overnight.  LOL!

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
jason.mitchell1

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:40:00 PM

same as above
aryer84

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:29:51 PM

Thanks for the helpful overview
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:32:16 PM

Hardware Wallets

How Hardware Wallets Work

Hardware wallets are secure, offline devices. They store your private keys offline so they can't be hacked.

This means you can even use one on a malware infected computer.
Why A Hardware Wallet with a Screen is Important

In the table below, you'll notice we show which hardware wallets have screens.

Screens provide extra security by verifying and displaying important wallet details. Since the hardware wallet is nearly impossible to hack, its screen is more trustworthy than data displayed on your computer.
Bitcoin Hardware Wallet Comparison

Check the table below for a quick comparison. Note:

We also did a detailed comparison of the three main ones: Ledger Nano S, Trezor, and KeepKey.

Ledger Nano S 58€ ($65) https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/ledger-nano-s/
The Ledger Nano S is the cheapest of the three hardware wallets with a screen at about $65. Ledger, one of the most well-known Bitcoin security companies, released the device in August 2016.

KeepKey $99 https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/keepkey/
KeepKey was released in September 2015 and was the second hardware Bitcoin wallet to offer a screen. The KeepKey's larger screen gives it some extra security features that the Nano S and Trezor lack.

Trezor $99
https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/trezor/
TREZOR launched in August 2014 as the first Bitcoin hardware wallet, offering secure cold storage plus the ability to spend with the convenience of a hot wallet. TREZOR is a small, key-sized device.

Ledger HW.1 17$ https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/ledger-hw1/
The Ledger HW.1 can be considered a budget hardware wallet. It does not have a screen, so it is not quite as secure as the three mentioned above. It will, however, give you more security than a hot wallet.

For a starter is a great way to start with Ledger HW.1 as it doesn't cost that much. Beside that it is also useful for people who are involved in bitcoin for more than a few years, personally speaking I own one and I am very happy with it, saving almost 5 full BTC here.

You can not say it will give more security than a hot wallet but it can give you more security than a hot wallet and a desktop wallet. A hot wallet is out of recommendation from me. A desktop wallet is as secure as your PC is so it can be compromised. The HW.1 wallet beside offering all the security of a desktop wallet, it offers you a SECURITY CARD in which you have 3 alphabets and have 3 corresponding matching keys for example A is 5 or z is K and you have to type 4 characters before you send any bitcoin from such wallet.

What I want to say is that both of the hardware wallets mentioned are worth every single penny you will spend for them.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █