Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 07:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LiteCoin SegWit adoption chart  (Read 1069 times)
danmaz74 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:05:41 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and quite new to the world of bitcoin/altcoin, but while reading about LiteCoin and the SegWit I noticed there was no website showing adoption as a daily chart. So I made this: http://litecoin-segwit.info/

Pretty crude, but it does its work Smiley

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:08:35 PM

pretty neat stuff. i was actually looking for somewhere that has a chart similar to bitcoin charts.
but your data seems to be different (with a big difference) compared to the one from http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php website which is showing segwit adoption for litecoin.
it shows 11.37% of blocks (in the last 8064 blocks) have been mined with Segwit

you are showing 3.4% out of 555 blocks!! why is it 555?

it is usually reported based on difficulty retarget not a random number of blocks. and since litecoin is generating blocks faster it should be bigger than 2016 (which belongs to bitcoin)
and surely enough in other site it is 4*2016=8064 blocks

fix that and also add which miners are signaling segwit and it is going to be a good source.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:35:09 PM

Good work, this can provide a better view of the progress being made with regard to SegWit support. It's good to also know that things are moving in relation to this. It's not something that will happen in a few days, as some users think, but the important thing is that miners have the time to make the best decision.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: