Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you lose a lot to Bitcoin-24?  (Read 935 times)
keatonatron (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:35:54 AM

This might be a way to recoup some losses if things don't turn around Grin

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1526

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:40:48 PM

bets of bitco dot in are also known scammers.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 07:44:42 PM

Yes please stop using them, they are not to be trusted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165500.0

For those that are new, the user that creates the statement at betsofshitco.in gets 5% of all coins wagered on the statement, so it's in their interest to promote it like this.   

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:52:01 PM

For those that are new, the user that creates the statement at betsofshitco.in gets 5% of all coins wagered on the statement, so it's in their interest to promote it like this.   

That's interesting.  Good to know.

I saw this post earlier but didn't want to bump it back to the first page by pointing out the scammy flammy nature of the site.

betsofbitco.in is a scam site.
keatonatron (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:51:14 AM

I don't think "known scammers" is the right phrase. I was also involved in the BFL bet, on the winning side. I was very irritated that they set it as a draw, but I did get my money back (i.e. no one scammed me out of anything).

I haven't had any other problems with them. Every other bet I've participated in was judged correctly and I got my payout, and they respond quickly to requests for support.

I wanted to bet against bitcoin-24 returning their coins, so if they don't I win some coins (and if they do, I get my money back so it's a win-win!). But if no one bets on the other side there isn't anything to be won...

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:57:54 AM

I don't think "known scammers" is the right phrase. I was also involved in the BFL bet, on the winning side. I was very irritated that they set it as a draw, but I did get my money back (i.e. no one scammed me out of anything).

I haven't had any other problems with them. Every other bet I've participated in was judged correctly and I got my payout, and they respond quickly to requests for support.

I wanted to bet against bitcoin-24 returning their coins, so if they don't I win some coins (and if they do, I get my money back so it's a win-win!). But if no one bets on the other side there isn't anything to be won...
Yes, they scammed you. You were scammed out of your winnings.

Think of playing some BTC on SatoshiDICE lessthan1. You clearly won, as it states the lucky number 0 and you've verified it since it's provably fair. But SD returns your 0.01 bet and goes "sorry, but we returned your money, so we didn't scam you!"
keatonatron (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:24:30 AM

Think of playing some BTC on SatoshiDICE lessthan1. You clearly won, as it states the lucky number 0 and you've verified it since it's provably fair. But SD returns your 0.01 bet and goes "sorry, but we returned your money, so we didn't scam you!"

But in that case Satoshi dice would be responsible for paying their own money to me. BoB is only allocating other people's money to me, so they don't lose anything by letting me win (and do lose out themselves by calling a draw).

Unless, of course, the owner of BoB personally placed a large bet on the losing side and used their power to stop themselves from losing.

It's up to semantics, I guess. When I hear "scam" or "scammer" I think "a preconceived plan to cheat money from others." Perhaps in this case "cheating after the fact to not lose [but not win either]" would technically be a "scam" as well, but in my eyes it isn't nearly as grave an offense (and doesn't quite warrant a scammer tag).

But if we are discussing semantics, BoB did not break any of the rules presented on their site (BoB has the power to judge whichever way they want) so technically that is not cheating.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: