Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok.. I give up...unconfirmed  (Read 836 times)
rast67 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:50:21 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/7861d92b78c7bcd1a1556497d39ced0816d4859b

I read a few posts regarding unconfirmed transactions, and it seems to be a novice question.

I think I did everything correct.

I have patience ... just want to know everything is on the green.

How do I know how much longer I have to wait for the money to be transferred?

How many confirms do I need...

Jesus... what the heck did I do???

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:13:23 PM

You don't have any confirmations so how many you would need is kind of irrelevant in this situation. You only paid ~59 Satoshis per byte which isn't near enough so you'll be waiting until the higher priority transactions go through (aka: higher miner fees go through first, you didn't pay enough so you will wait longer) if you're using a dynamic fee then I'd suggest closing priority next time if it's a more urgent transaction.
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:17:01 PM

It will return back to once it came from.
 Wink

It happened to me last night when I sent too low of a transaction is it was rejected and purged from the blockchain. Atleast that is what blockchain.info said when I check the hash from there.  Lips sealed
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 11:45:24 PM

It will return back to once it came from.
 Wink

It happened to me last night when I sent too low of a transaction is it was rejected and purged from the blockchain. Atleast that is what blockchain.info said when I check the hash from there.  Lips sealed
The transaction never made it to the blockchain (while unconfirmed) so it cannot be purged from the blockchain. Rather blockchain.info's node decided to drop the transaction because it was unconfirmed for too long. Many nodes will do this, so the transaction appears to be "forgotten" by the network. When that happens, you can respend the Bitcoin.

Anyways, this thread is a few days old and the transaction has already confirmed, so I will lock it. If your post was deleted just now, that's because it was either off topic, not helping the OP, or repeating what had already been said.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: