Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoothie's take on price and people's emotions related to price  (Read 1051 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:42:41 PM

Hmm, what happened to your $5k/btc by the New year prediction Smoothie? While you do make some valid points, you were on the forefront of the bitcoin pumping crowd, making outlandish predictions when it was clear to some that bitcoin was massively overvalued. The later investors had to pour a significantly larger amount of fiat into btc if they expected substantial profits, so naturally, they will feel more emotionally attached to their investment. Someone who invested $1000 into btc when it was worth $1, is not the same as someone who invested $100,000 when btc was at $1000 each.

You did a great job pumping BTC, and LTC especially, and now you're laughing all the way to the bank, whilst placing blame upon those whom you helped dupe into purchasing overpriced BTC with outlandish predictions. Of course, they made their own choice to buy at those prices and are responsible for their own actions, just like the people who decided to run off to Jonestown and join Jim Jones.

The moral of the story is, don't trust anyone in the world of crypto, especially not snake oil salesmen like Smoothie, Rpietila or those Winkle guys.

The thread still exists. And I will be the first to admit that I was wrong in my prediction.

Just because I made a thread saying my prediction doesn't make me guilty of anything other than giving my own opinion of a future prediction. My predictions have always been for fun as well as not financial advice for anyone to follow.

Everytime I get asked a "should I buy now or sell now questions" I never answer them but say for them to make their own decisions.

Your comment about price and when someone bought in is a good point. But let's not forget that no one is to blame for when someone buys in. If they did not do their research it isn't anyone's fault but their own and for their own reasons (good or not).

I will repeat this again, just because I make a price prediction or thread saying what I think will happen doesn't mean people need to buy or sell coins at a certain price. Let's all take responsibility for our own actions and not point fingers at say me for someone buying bitcoin at $1000 price just because I made a thread on a public forum.

Yes do not trust me. I don't expect anyone to trust me and in fact when I sold my physical coins I've always told people if you do not trust me then do not buy them. Simple. Just like I don't make people buy my physical coins. They choose to.

Call me a snake oil salesman, but I wasn't selling digital LTC or BTC to you directly or anyone really for that matter so I'm not sure what you are talking about as far as being a snake oil salesman. Nice try, but it doesnt work here buddy.

A sales man actually sells something as well as tries to convince people to buy into something and if I put my two cents on what I think will happen, people still (as you already said it) have their own mind to make up.

Even my own family who has asked me about when to buy bitcoin/litecoin and how much. I've told them..."you decide".

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: