Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Address and Payment doubt.  (Read 1368 times)
ReLieD (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:53:52 AM

I have a question.
Whenever I receive payment , my wallet address changes.
So I wanted to ask , wheather I would still receive payment if someone sends me money on my old wallet address?
If yes , then is there any limit as to how many payments I can receive on my old wallet address or can I receive how much ever payment I keep getting?
I'm just asking as I don't wanna loose money.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 10:59:33 AM

I have a question.
So I wanted to ask , wheather I would still receive payment if someone sends me money on my old wallet address?
If yes , then is there any limit as to how many payments I can receive on my old wallet address or can I receive how much ever payment I keep getting?
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Who told you that wallet address change after each time you receive bitcoin? which wallet are you using?
Bitcoin wallet address once generated stays there and you can receive as much bitcoin as you can to this address and for how long you want.
ReLieD (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:01:14 AM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Who told you that wallet address change after each time you receive bitcoin? which wallet are you using?
Bitcoin wallet address once generated stays there and you can receive as much bitcoin as you can to this address and for how long you want.
I use blockchain wallet.
The address keeps changing as I mentioned after I receive every payment.

█         ████      ████

█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:03:10 AM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

you are not saying which wallet you are using, it is different for each one of them!
and in case the wallet is designed correctly, it should keep all the previous addresses in your wallet file in order for you to be able to access the funds later if they received anything.

in any case you have to tell us the name of the wallet and ask your question in its board.

edit: i see you said blockchain while i was typing, in case you mean blockchain.info wallet they yes it keeps all your addresses and you  can use them later.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ReLieD (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:07:29 AM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

you are not saying which wallet you are using, it is different for each one of them!
and in case the wallet is designed correctly, it should keep all the previous addresses in your wallet file in order for you to be able to access the funds later if they received anything.

in any case you have to tell us the name of the wallet and ask your question in its board.

edit: i see you said blockchain while i was typing, in case you mean blockchain.info wallet they yes it keeps all your addresses and you  can use them later.
Yes I probably use that wallet , I had a blue logo
And thanks I guess I will receive payment according to your statement.
So I need not tell my campaign manager to change my wallet in the spreadsheet.
Thankyou

█         ████      ████

█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:12:55 AM

To add to the answers so far. There is no limit to your address. you can have all the Bitcoins in one address and you can make unlimited transactions with one address. Also you can have an unlimited number of addresses. Here is what you should consider. To many addresses can be inconvenient to keep track of or/and in order. Using an address more then once is just the same regarding safety as using a different one every time, but you can improve your anonymity using a new one for very transaction.
If you receive a payment on your old and once used address, then you still have access to the founds, of course you should still have the private key to it.

ReLieD (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:15:33 AM

To add to the answers so far. There is no limit to your address. you can have all the Bitcoins in one address and you can make unlimited transactions with one address. Also you can have an unlimited number of addresses. Here is what you should consider. To many addresses can be inconvenient to keep track of or/and in order. Using an address more then once is just the same regarding safety as using a different one every time, but you can improve your anonymity using a new one for very transaction.
If you receive a payment on your old and once used address, then you still have access to the founds, of course you should still have the private key to it.
Yup , now I have confidence that I would still receive payment on my old address.
It was just bothering me as the amount I get is a lot.
And if I would loose that amount , then I would regret it my whole life.
I just wanted to be sure.
Thank you now I am confident enough.

█         ████      ████

█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:31:42 AM

don't worry,you will get your coins no problem
blockchain.info wallet changes the recievieng address for increased privacy and security of your coins
all of the addresses it shows you are valid to recieve coins at,same goes with XAPO online wallet and many others

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:44:30 AM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

If your wallet address is constantly changing then if my hint is right you are using blockchain.info wallets. Blockchain.info wallets have a feauture that in every receiving transactions your wallet address changes and so if you dont want this kind of feature then just shift to other web wallet sites. But before that you must also check the fix address in blockchain.info.  There will be two addresses if you know how to look at it, the first one is the fixed wallet address and the other is the address that is changing per transaction.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:48:04 AM

I guess you're using Blockchain.info - that website has this feature turned on so that you get a new address every payment in order to ensure your anonymity. I am using Blockchain too and I have seen that too, but you have to choose there between your wallet and a new address.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:48:30 AM

So if your address keeps changing means people are still sending bitcoins to 1 address right? because if as you put it your wallet address is changing each time are you providing the campaign manager with the new one? or he is still sending to the old one? if he is sending to only 1 address then wtf are you doing here?
Blockchain.info generates a new add every time you receive bitcoins you can use the new one each week but campaign managers hate to change participants info all the time.
How much are you getting paid that if missed you'll regret the rest of your life? lol
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 11:51:15 AM

in order to make sure, sign in your wallet account at blockchain.info and then from the left panel choose your settings and go to your wallet section (i think it is called wallets) and inside that section you can see your wallet name (which you can create multiple of) and if you click in you can see all your addresses.

also when you signed up they gave you a seed which you can use to recover all your private keys with it.

--looking for signature--
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:56:41 AM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Yes, There is no problem, you can receive your payment without any problem.
I use Xapo like a web wallet, After each transaction, My bitcoin address change automatically. so The old address will still active, so you can recieve money with them.
You are welcome.

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:25:50 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
There are many kinds of receiving address, they have multiple address or single address. Multiple address is when you received a money, the old wallet address will replace by new wallet address. And in the single address is when you used it, it will never be replace by another address, it is also called permanent address.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:36:13 PM

Better to stick with only one bitcoin address and you can have this even in blockchain.info wallet. Just generate one paper wallet from bitaddress.org and import that address to your blockchain.info wallet, than you can receive any amount of bitcoin in that address which will be now part of your wallet.

However you can receive bitcoin to your older addresses too.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:23:03 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

though address changes after each received Bitcoin, but you can still use the old address for the next payment, no need to change the address
noel2123

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:37:56 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

though address changes after each received Bitcoin, but you can still use the old address for the next payment, no need to change the address

I think you need a stable wallet address, or you need to have a new wallet address, because, you cannot trust your wallet address. Everything you have gone through, will also gone through, all your efforts exerted will lose. Better to have a new wallet address or new application or site for your wallet address
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 01:57:54 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Its seems like natural issue that almost people facing this specially blockchain,coinbase such of online wallet.Once our bitcoin address receives an incoming payment there a new address will automatically be generated for you after every transactions are made,that is normal.Need not confused that,i ensure you its safe to re-use to your last generated payment address.
Gembul

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:00:04 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

I think you need a stable wallet address, or you need to have a new wallet address, because, you cannot trust your wallet address. Everything you have gone through, will also gone through, all your efforts exerted will lose. Better to have a new wallet address or new application or site for your wallet address

As op writes he using wallet from blockchain therefore I will not doubt their stability. Because I think they are very stable and good among the others so we do not have to doubt it.
Op I think this could be the answer to your problem, I got it from google. thanks for google .
https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/210353663-Why-is-my-bitcoin-address-changing-
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:00:04 PM

when it comes to matters of technical aspect please don't assume things and don't say what you "think" if you are not familiar with what is happening. right now you are giving false information.

the only reason why some wallets are generating new address for new transaction is to prevent address reuse which is a recommended technique from day one read about it here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address_reuse

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: