Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:45:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt No Longer Working  (Read 9805 times)
SamuelSG (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:04:59 AM

After rebooting my computer for the first time since install of GUIMiner-scrypt, GUIMiner will no longer start.

Window pops up immediately on start:
"Errors occurred"
"See the logfile 'C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\guiminer.exe.log' for details"

The logfile reads:
ERROR:root:Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 2845, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 2222, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 11206, in Enable
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
  File "guiminer.py", line 2854, in <module>
  File "guiminer.py", line 2845, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 2222, in __init__
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item

I searched and saw this mentioned in the official thread, but the person runs Windows XP.
It was stated that it was made in/for Windows 7, and that that is the likely cause of this error.

I run Windows 7 Professional x64 however, and I ran GUIMiner-Scrypt with no issues for 6 days, including closing and re-opening the program multiple times. now after reboot, it no longer functions.

Any Ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

not a clue but id start with trying to reinstall GUIminer scrypt (its a very simple task so start there) if that dosnt solve the problem then go to
C:\Users\Windows 7\AppData\Roaming\poclbm
and delete poclbm_scrypt
if you do this youll have to set ip the settings again but its not to hard to do and youll have a fresh clean install of it

SamuelSG (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:01:23 PM

Sorry I didn't mention it at first.
But Sadly  Cry
Being highly experienced with computers in general, and also a very adept googler who believes strongly in self help...
I have already tried both of those.

Thanks for the reply though.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:08:02 PM

well in that case its not the program somethings gone walk about on your computer....
you installed anything new or any updates?

also from what i can make out check if theres a file called wx._core.pyd
seems like its missing it should be in the main directory of guiminer scrypt

SamuelSG (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:13:59 PM

I am looking into the updates now, it seems there may have been a windows update... will be trying a recovery to previous state shortly.
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:15:11 AM

It does not work for me either.  The icons appear in the tray and the taskbar, but nothing shows up.
SamuelSG (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:01:19 PM

you double click the icons? or, if you hover over them (there should only be one, the other is your wallet I would guess) what does the pop-up say?

My issue was it popping error messages on load, different. Fixed it, it was a windows update, cursed thing.

But I would gladly assist you if I can.
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:49:39 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 06:53:31 PM by bittencoin

the guiminer-scrypt interface does not show up at all, just the icons in the tray and the taskbar.  Left clicking on them have no effects, right click on the tray icon (near the clock) will give the options of restore or quit, but restore has no effects other than creating another taskbar icon that does not work.  I read on 1 of the guides that installing the Microsoft C++ package could help, but that also did not work.

Using win7 64bits

the regular guiminer for bitcoin works without a problem.

SOLVED

Solution from regular guiminer taken from another post:

For Windows 7 also try going to: C:\users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\poclbm\poclbm.ini     open that file, go to the end of it and you will find an area called 'window position' that gives x & y coordinates. Try adjusting the first number I believe, which should be the x coordinate. Good luck

Find poclbm-scrypt.ini  Try setting x and y coordinate to 100 each
SamuelSG (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:56:32 PM

I heartily congratulate you, as a person who can find the answer to their own question is very under appreciated these days.

This was not my error, and if you find that you can all of a sudden not run GUIMiner-scrypt after successfully running it a few times, then first check if there have been any Windows Updates. If so, use the system restore function to go back to the point before they were installed, or, if you have a list of recent additions, uninstall them one by one until you find the offender.
My godson let Windows Update install for me while he was using the comp, and it installed a lot of updates that I did not care for, So I simply went with the first option to get me mining again as quick as possible. In the future, I can install them one at a time, trying GUIMiner-scrypt each time until I find the offender.

Moral:
It is far better to let no one on your computer, because even an account with no privileges can seemingly still use windows update.
namecoin

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:09:43 AM

Thank you, sir.  I ran into the same problem and your solution solved it. 

I want to add that this problem can occur on win8 as well and the same solution solves it. 
The only difference to the solution above is that the preference file I changed is at:
  C:\users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\poclbm\poclbm_scrypt.ini

the guiminer-scrypt interface does not show up at all, just the icons in the tray and the taskbar.  Left clicking on them have no effects, right click on the tray icon (near the clock) will give the options of restore or quit, but restore has no effects other than creating another taskbar icon that does not work.  I read on 1 of the guides that installing the Microsoft C++ package could help, but that also did not work.

Using win7 64bits

SOLVED

For Windows 7 also try going to: C:\users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\poclbm\poclbm.ini     open that file, go to the end of it and you will find an area called 'window position' that gives x & y coordinates. Try adjusting the first number I believe, which should be the x coordinate. Good luck

Psyrick

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:55:52 PM

Same problem. Fix most appreciated!

Sending tip
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:37:41 PM

I have the same problem with GuiMiner Scrypt, when I try run the exe I get this error in the guiminer.exe log file

ERROR:root:Exception:
  File "guiminer.py", line 3085, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 2457, in __init__
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
  File "guiminer.py", line 3094, in <module>
  File "guiminer.py", line 3085, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 2457, in __init__
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item

I have tried searching for help but the closest I got was this post GUIMiner-scrypt No Longer Working https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177876.0

quote author=bittencoin link=topic=177876.msg1871275#msg1871275 date=1366256979]

Using win7 64bits

SOLVED

[/quote]

I tried this but i don't understand the window setting instructions in my poclbm.ini file they look like this

"window_position": [
    ]

How do I set that to " try setting x and y coordinate to 100 each"??

Any help appreciated
Thanks

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: