Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What causes older Mobile Phones to Slow Down?  (Read 1815 times)
DoctorG (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 500

Which Doctor?

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:52:50 PM

Hi Dudes...

What causes older Mobile Phones to Slow Down?
Is it because the memory Read/Writes are failing?

Also, why is it, when a mobile phone is left for 6 months in a drawer, the touch screen fails on cheaper phones?

This tends not to happen with Samsung and Apple Phones, but overall, the cheaper the phone, the quicker it degrades....

I wonder sometimes if the touchscreen corrodes or something...
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

With computers it's usually software that you installed.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:36:23 PM

if you're updating then the software is constantly changing. even if your OS doesn't change, the app updates certainly pile up at an amazing rate and they'll gradually optimize for more powerful machines.

websites are getting more content heavy too and i believe solid state memory gets slower the closer it gets to filling up.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:39:16 PM

Hi Dudes...

Also, why is it, when a mobile phone is left for 6 months in a drawer, the touch screen fails on cheaper phones?

This tends not to happen with Samsung and Apple Phones, but overall, the cheaper the phone, the quicker it degrades....

A number of problems arise with old phones:
1. The CPU speed slows when you use it each time by a small amount.
2. More processes need to be run on your phone when you install more things.
3. The logs that are stored can become bigger, such as debug logs.

The souch screen thing seems a little strange though. I don't know why you'd keep it in a drawer for 6 months?
It's probably something to do with sensitivity deceasing due to dust or a failed connection caused by a number of things.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 07:34:13 PM

Also dust, corrosion, parts wear out. I had a flip phone for so long (8+ years) that the synthetic rubber turned to goo.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:14:30 AM

It has to do with the memory space of the phone. If installed apps clog up space, it definitely slows down the phone.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OffshoreDedicated

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

Major difference is hardware. Hardware is improving, which is making possible for heavier systems to run on then consuming most of the resources and this is how it works.
I still remember Nokia 6600 was launched in 2003. It was the best mobile phone at that time.
Its internal memory was 6 MB, where as an external card was supported. A massive 32 MB  Tongue card was also available which most of the users used to have in there great phone.
We can also say that older devices are not getting slower, but newer ones are getting faster which make older devices feel slower.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:26:16 AM

I think it's mainly because mobile phones have it's life time. I previously had the problem with my samsung s3 phone and it started slowing down at first and eventually died and the issue was on the board. SAme thing happenswith my samsung note 2 that I've used for 3 years I think and had the same slowing down at first symptoms and stopped booting. I think constantly upgrading is important so it will be prevented. I am currently using a cheaper phone and been using it for  a year now and fortunately it don't have any issues yet. I also think it's how the users manages the phone which makes it longer useable and not prone to hardware problems.
chris_nor

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:05:36 AM

Things don't just slow down. If you have a phone that suddenly got slow, then the software is the problem. If you were to factory reset, it doesn't mean it's going to still be slow just because the phone is older. Phones don't age the way humans do.
dondexter

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:39:33 AM

Lack of memory, lack of ram, too many programs/apps
Marcus_2017

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:43:28 PM

Do not buy cheap mobile phones. Better you will use them for several years, but you will always be sure that the phone will not let you down. Better to spend $ 300-400 for 5 years, than every six months to buy new for $ 100.
Dammitt

Activity: 882
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:53:08 PM

Everything can be too many applications and memory cards are used to cause the loss of functionality over time. In general, you need to back up and Hard Reset a phone every once in a while.
Sometimes the software update can slow down the phone rather than accelerate it. So always pay attention when updating.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:59:58 PM

I think the operating systems and hardware on older phones get obsolete with time and they are unable to keep up with the current operating bands of th network service providers hence they slow down and would ultimately require a technical upgrade to be able to catch up on the growing trend.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:21:34 AM

It's gotta be the older people. Younger people get newer mobile phones, and keep on going fast.

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Heyo:P

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:28:36 PM

Hi Dudes...

Mainly they just get bloated with apps and processes.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:52:50 PM

Hi Dudes...

Older mobile phones have older version of operating system. Applications are continuously being developed and compared to older applications the newest apps have higher system and hardware requirements. In this case, installing new apps in older mobile phones causes it to become slow.

btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:14:24 PM

the softwares fill up free spaces with logs and unwanted junk.

if you want to enjoy your phone like new,
take backup
do a complete format.
do restore.

less free space is major issue for phone slowing down., and some major companies give 16 gb for internal storage .
and reboot your phone once in a two days. it keeps phone fast, at least in my case.

Ib4E

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:40:50 PM

It has to do with the memory space of the phone. If installed apps clog up space, it definitely slows down the phone.
I have noticed this myself with my phone...when most of my phone storage is full, my phone slows down. Once I delete a bunch of music, pics etc...I do notice a spped boost in how my phone operates

My50cent

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

the softwares fill up free spaces with logs and unwanted junk.

if you want to enjoy your phone like new,
take backup
do a complete format.
do restore.

less free space is major issue for phone slowing down., and some major companies give 16 gb for internal storage .
and reboot your phone once in a two days. it keeps phone fast, at least in my case.
It can still be that RAM is full, it happens when you use the Internet. Except for all files in the phone there are additional, which the owner does not see, but they must also be deleted by the cleaner.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:28:14 PM

With something like android, it has to do with a mixture of OS updates and app updates. As more and more powerful phones come out, the OS gets heavier and the developers spend less time optimizing the apps, which makes it slower for older phones. Also less ram means less cache.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: