Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fee on small BTC transactions  (Read 755 times)
User365 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:51:30 PM

Hey everyone,

i got started with btc a month ago and i wanted to test out how transactions and stuff work. So i started with faucets and now i have 1$ in BTC in my wallet on my mobile phone. As i got more interested i installed a wallet on my PC too. Now i wanted to try out the transaction system, but then i saw the transaction fee would ~80% from my 1$ i would only have 0.2$ left on my PC wallet.

I have read throught the whole mobiel wallet app if i could configure the fee (i think less fee, longer transaction process?) but i found nothing.

My question is have i done something wrong ? Or is the amount i want to transfer just too small ?

Ty

[could be your ad]
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:56:47 PM

transaction fee is currently very high due to bitcoin politics
User365 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:59:02 PM

So fee is 80% for now ?  Shocked

[could be your ad]
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:22:16 PM

So fee is 80% for now ?  Shocked

No, the fee is based on the size of the transaction (in bytes).

Transactions are sent inside blocks. Each block is currently limited to 1MB in size.
Once a block is full and mined/verified it exists in the blockchain and is sent to other users.
Size is determined mainy from the number of scripts needed.

You may get a warning wen you recieve these transactions that say the transaction is a "pay to many" transaction, that can increase your fee but there's nothing you can do about it.
What can be done is withdrawing bitcoin from the faucets once you get a substantial amoutn. Until that point, just leave the coins in the aucet until you need to withdraw them.

Currently, there is no way to change the transaction fee in your general wallet. You'll just have to wait until there's more bitocin in there before you can withdraw it.

(Also, WELCOME TO BITCOIN!)
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:30:28 AM

If you import your seed from your wallet to example electrum, you'll be able to manually set the fees. The option should be found on electrum settings for manual fee set up.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:25:47 AM

Hey everyone,

i got started with btc a month ago and i wanted to test out how transactions and stuff work. So i started with faucets and now i have 1$ in BTC in my wallet on my mobile phone. As i got more interested i installed a wallet on my PC too. Now i wanted to try out the transaction system, but then i saw the transaction fee would ~80% from my 1$ i would only have 0.2$ left on my PC wallet.

I have read throught the whole mobiel wallet app if i could configure the fee (i think less fee, longer transaction process?) but i found nothing.

My question is have i done something wrong ? Or is the amount i want to transfer just too small ?

Ty
Im using to mobile wallet too im using mycelium for small transaction.I recommend that to you too.Im think we cant set a fee in mobile wallet but in mycelium it have a choices how much your fee wants.If you want just like that feature that setting fee just use electrum.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 07:32:32 AM

Hey everyone,

Ty
Im using to mobile wallet too im using mycelium for small transaction.I recommend that to you too.Im think we cant set a fee in mobile wallet but in mycelium it have a choices how much your fee wants.If you want just like that feature that setting fee just use electrum.

Mycelium does not have an option to manually set the fee. It has 4 presets, Low-priority, economic, normal and priority. None of them lets you to setup your own fee, only a recommended fee for each preset.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:48:10 PM

blockchain.info has the option to change tx fee manually instead the reccomended, i do it usually, but tx take more time to gets confirmation, and in the future the tx fees will be higher, thats really serious
User365 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 07:38:31 PM

Ty very much for all answers Smiley

[could be your ad]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: