Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much are you willing to pay in fees on daily basis for a Bitcoin transaction that is cleared within 10 minutes? (1 block)
0.01 USD fee (or less)
0.1 USD fee (price of sms)
1 USD fee (price of a bottle of water)
5 USD fee (price of a coffee)
10 USD fee (price of a lunch)
10+ USD fee (whatever it takes as long as it's irreversible & secure)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much are you willing to pay in fees for a Bitcoin transaction?  (Read 6058 times)
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:49:01 PM

I am willing to pay 0.0004 - 0.0006 for transactions not greater than 0.07btc if the amount would be higher,  0.8% would be a fair amount.
Western Union charge around 1% of the Principal amount so cheaper service would be better.

But we have a choice to use the bitcoin for transaction, it is lowest fee, before bitcoin i used western Union and their charge very high, so instead of this bitcoin is best for transaction wise. But still majority of the people don't know about bitcoin transaction, that's why they are using Western Union. But whenever they know about bitcoin that definitely everyone prefer to bitcoin transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:28:08 PM

for a normal transaction I think $0.1 to $1.00 is enough for the fee for a bitcoin transaction like the amount of bitcoin earned from different source that I usually sending to my personal wallet and transaction fees will only get higher depends on how much the amount of bitcoin that is going to be transacted . as a normal bitcoin earner it is not affordable for me to spend a USD with the same worth as the price of coffee or a lunch as the transaction that I usually make is not that huge .
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:57:49 PM

I dont support a fixed price for transaction fee for all transfer/withdrawal, I prefer a percentage of the amount, probably between 0.1-1%. A low fee will encourage regular transaction and good percentage should initiate faster confirmation
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:05:09 PM

In this situation less is better for me. Today in sum I pay like 10% for cashing out process. I am agree to pay something that not higher 1$.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:09:05 PM

I today just paid BTC0.00085 (approx. $0.97) for a 223 byte trx.  91,000 unconfirmeds when I did that.  It confirmed at the first new block.

Most of my transactions are "important", so I will just pay up for the next while.  But, I am almost done with moving BTC around, so I will let my BTC lay low for awhile and hope the miners & developers get their act together and fix this...
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:22:36 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 06:35:18 AM by NetFreak199

Its always depends how many BTC I will cash out. But to be honest I want it around $1 below only,if it's more than that it's too much for me and  I do not have any reason to pay fee more than $1.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:16:53 PM

Basically our web wallet that we used already had fee if you received and its not accurate on the preev.com price but when we do withdrawal of our coins or encashment we can get that for free without fee because our coins are already had fee when received from blockchain into our wallet.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:57:58 PM

I'm willing to pay a flat rate if 10 cents per transaction. I wish tgat us established and generalized for every Bitcoin transactions and it should confirm under 20 minutes. That would make the world of Bitcoin s better place and I guess everyone will embrace it.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:14:46 PM

i think 0.1 is not bad already in fees considering that it would still be better and faster than the service charges used by western union and the likes. and i think these service charges are also important for the continuity of bitcoin as not everything that is free will last that long

0.1 dollar this now equal only 10k satoshi
i think sending fee only use 10k satoshi is very bad, very long time confirmation, maybe transaction uncorfirmation, is bad accident not receive bitcoin addres in youre sending
gandame

Merit: 505

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:47:17 PM

i think 0.1 is not bad already in fees considering that it would still be better and faster than the service charges used by western union and the likes. and i think these service charges are also important for the continuity of bitcoin as not everything that is free will last that long

i think sending fee only use 10k satoshi is very bad, very long time confirmation, maybe transaction uncorfirmation, is bad accident not receive bitcoin addres in youre sending

Maybe you are having problems with the connection of internet you are having thats why you're not receiving and confirming the btc add that you are sending. I am willing to abide how much is the fees charged in every wallet transaction I made as long as it made a fast transactions, I would even give 0.0007 btc as a tip if ever there is an option. However every transactions with fast network connection is probably making your transactions successfull always with a fast service.
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 05:03:12 PM

I am generally willing to pay anything it takes if I want the transaction to be confirmed quickly but I'll never allow myself to spend up to $10 just for fees, the day fees get that high is the day I stop using bitcoin

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:40:55 PM

Maybe you are having problems with the connection of internet you are having thats why you're not receiving and confirming the btc add that you are sending. I am willing to abide how much is the fees charged in every wallet transaction I made as long as it made a fast transactions, I would even give 0.0007 btc as a tip if ever there is an option. However every transactions with fast network connection is probably making your transactions successfull always with a fast service.
Yes if we have fast internet our transaction will be fast and very quickly our transaction will get confirm. Now I am paying 0.0002 BTC fee for every transaction that means 0.23$. And I am happy to pay this amount because my transaction will get confirm very soon and I will not face any issues in my transaction.
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:12:10 PM

In fairly common retail transactions it isn't too hard to pay up to 500 sat/byte.
It rules out buying coffee and it rules out use of Bitcoin in third world countries except for remittances, but Bitcoin was never meant to buy coffee with anyhow and third world countries can use altcoins.
Altcoins are going to have substantial market caps and value, it isn't like third world countries are left out. If anything, altcoins have more innovations packed into them, people in those countries will be better off using them than hanging on to Bitcoin, much like Africa skipped landlines era and went straight to mobile phones.

Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 07:50:01 PM

Yes if we have fast internet our transaction will be fast and very quickly our transaction will get confirm. Now I am paying 0.0002 BTC fee for every transaction that means 0.23$. And I am happy to pay this amount because my transaction will get confirm very soon and I will not face any issues in my transaction.
It seems you guys are a bit misguided, your local internet speed has little to nothing to do with the confirmation speed of your transaction, transaction confirmation speed has to do with the nodes available, the amount of tx's that are to be confirmed and the fee paid, the golden rule is that you have to pay more than everybody to get your transaction confirmed within the next block or two

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:25:03 PM

This poll came as an idea from a news post: Almost $1 Billion Worth of Bitcoins Stuck in Transaction Backlog - link here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777803.0

How much are you willing to pay on daily basis in fees for a Bitcoin transaction that is cleared within 10 minutes? (1 block)

I hid the poll results until you voted so it's not biased - I'm really curious about this one - I ruled out "free" as I don't think it's possible anymore - no matter how big the block size is. Also I don't think anyone is willing to accept fees over $10 - it will be more expensive than the bank fees, so I made it 10+ USD.

Please vote and explain below why you voted the way you voted.

Thank you.

I think for me, 1$ is enough for every transaction which I'm going to make. because if the transaction fee would become more than 0.01BTC I think that is totally shit, on which we are worst than a bank.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 06:33:44 PM

In general, I'd be willing to pay around 1 USD per transaction, I think that is a pretty fair amount.
I can see that this would limit the use of Bitcoin for micro-transactions, but I'm personally not using Bitcoin for that anyway and I also think that an altcoin could fill in that demand.

In situations like this one, where there's a lot of spam on the network, I usually don't mind paying a bit more (up to 3 - 4 dollars), to speed up the transaction.

dearbesz1219

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:37:15 PM

This poll came as an idea from a news post: Almost $1 Billion Worth of Bitcoins Stuck in Transaction Backlog - link here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777803.0

How much are you willing to pay on daily basis in fees for a Bitcoin transaction that is cleared within 10 minutes? (1 block)

I hid the poll results until you voted so it's not biased - I'm really curious about this one - I ruled out "free" as I don't think it's possible anymore - no matter how big the block size is. Also I don't think anyone is willing to accept fees over $10 - it will be more expensive than the bank fees, so I made it 10+ USD.

Please vote and explain below why you voted the way you voted.

Thank you.

Transaction fee in the blockchain was most of the time is the main problem of the bitcoin enthusiast at the present now, because the fee is so high. So regarding which amount I agreed in terms of transaction  fees.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:36:31 PM

Its always depends how many BTC I will cash out. But to be honest I want it around $1 below only,if it's more than that it's too much for me and  I do not have any reason to pay fee more than $1.
i think there must be a reasonable price of transaction fee that people can easily bare to pay and the do not find it hard while doing small transactions.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:16:07 AM

Based on the recent overloaded blockchain, I have found that I am willing to pay more than before.  Especially if my transaction is "important" (and most are).

When the number of unconfirmeds at blockchain.info was running over 50,000 - 60,000 I paid about $1.50 (simple uncomplicated trx), and it took over an hour to confirm.  Watch & wait, not my idea of productive use of time.  In a trx or two later, I upped it to about $2.00, but one of them used three of my addresses as outgoing, and that one took over an hour as well.

It looks like the era of low fees is over.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:47:48 AM

Based on the recent overloaded blockchain, I have found that I am willing to pay more than before.  Especially if my transaction is "important" (and most are).

When the number of unconfirmeds at blockchain.info was running over 50,000 - 60,000 I paid about $1.50 (simple uncomplicated trx), and it took over an hour to confirm.  Watch & wait, not my idea of productive use of time.  In a trx or two later, I upped it to about $2.00, but one of them used three of my addresses as outgoing, and that one took over an hour as well.

It looks like the era of low fees is over.
The low fee era can never be expected. It's just the time that moves the variation in reference to the technology updating. If the technology running over its capacity can be solved then we can experience the fee same as the past with fast confirmation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: