Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Import Private Key from blockchain.info Paper Wallet into any client  (Read 3725 times)
SirWilliam (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:48:30 PM

I made an offline mode Paper Wallet on blockchain.info and put a fraction of a bitcoin in it

I was just wondering exactly how to import the Private Key into a standalone client like Multibit or Armory or even another online wallet service.

Is it possible to import the private key in the format directly typed off the Paper Wallet from blockchain.info into a client and access the bitcoins through the client?

Thanks!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:48:32 AM

reach on bitcoin wiki before posting.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys_v7%2B

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
SirWilliam (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:13:04 PM

Thank you for the link. I see that it is of course possible to import private keys.

One suggestion, "grue," perhaps before you suggest to others to do something (what exactly that suggestion is I do not know because it is incomprehensible in your broken English) you might try to learn a little tiny bit of conversational English.

Really, "reach on bitcoin wiki" does not EVEN come close to making any sense I am sorry to inform you. Perhaps "Read the bitcoin wiki" is what you meant, I truly do not know. I just hope English ain't your native language lol.  Grin

And by the way, on this subject, the wiki is ABSOLUTELY full of errors and was obviously written by non-native English speakers and never edited. People have got to get on the ball here and get someone who understand a few words of English to check over the main support documents for bitcoin so it doesn't look so amateur hour. When normal English-speaking non-nerds who want to buy some bitcoins encounter the endless errors, contradictions and nonsense in the wiki and faqs, frankly it scares the hell out of them because they don't want to trust their money to a system that can't produce a sentence of understandable English.

Just a suggestion on how to get ready to get a little bit closer to being ready for prime time.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

yeah, the reach was typo correction fail Sad

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:37:32 PM

- snip -
People have got to get on the ball here and get someone who understand a few words of English to check over the main support documents for bitcoin so it doesn't look so amateur hour. When normal English-speaking non-nerds who want to buy some bitcoins encounter the endless errors, contradictions and nonsense in the wiki and faqs, frankly it scares the hell out of them because they don't want to trust their money to a system that can't produce a sentence of understandable English.

Just a suggestion on how to get ready to get a little bit closer to being ready for prime time.

People?

Are you volunteering?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: