Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITFLOOR WEBSITE!!!???  (Read 1551 times)
djdigital (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:50:39 PM

They were super fast posting my money but now i cant buy?Huh
"Your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again in a few seconds. If the problem persists contact support@bitfloor.com"

thats all that keeps popping up!! can anyone help me out? is it because the bitcoin price is so low right now?? Ive tried bitinstant and got some of my money pretty quick but with all the horror stories i would want to risk it..
smh... this is BULLSHIT!!!
 Sad Angry Angry Huh Embarrassed Sad Sad Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
ramus313

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:37:39 PM

Same with me too. Bitfloor have anounced they are suspending the exchange indefinately, and that their us bank is being closed. My USD funds are stuck on the site, with the BTC fluctuating like it is. This is a huge inconvinience for me as well.
sflicht

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:12:37 PM

Pretty upset about the bitfloor situation. I have some (not a huge amount) USD stuck on there, and I am not ACH verified (and can't upload a photo to enter the verification queue). If -- as seems to be speculated on reddit -- this is related to Uncle Sam shutting down their bank due to money laundering concerns, then I have a very low confidence that I will ever get this money.

Please post here if you get any useful info through channels other than twitter and the bitfloor website (which I can check myself).
stikonas

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:16:32 PM

2 exchanges down in one week. That's really unfortunate!
whatovit

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:41:42 PM

I have a fair bit of fiat in there. How ever I'm in Australia, does anyone think I
ll have any chance of getting it back.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:43:31 PM

I sure find it interesting that SOME people got emails saying they were closing, and most didn't.

I can guarantee I would have been buying BTC for $200 a pop to get the cash out of there. Some is better than none.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 11:49:24 PM

I sure find it interesting that SOME people got emails saying they were closing, and most didn't.

I can guarantee I would have been buying BTC for $200 a pop to get the cash out of there. Some is better than none.

I never got an email, and the supposed "banner" on the site announcing this shutdown wasn't apparent as I missed it.  Sold my bitcoins there a couple hours before they shut down, now I'm stuck with my USD in there and no way to get it out (was in process to get the ACH going).

This just sucks.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
adamater

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:52:58 PM

Wow how did this happen?
jmillions

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 12:12:57 AM

I don't wanna trigger the scam alarms just yet but I transfered 37.12532000 coins out of Bitfloor a few hours ago. They are shown as withdrawn in my Bitfloor account but the funds have never arrived. I have sent an email to Bitfloor with details and I am awaiting response.

This is a crying shame because Bitfloor was my favourite exchange until now.
sathackr

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:22:43 AM

my transaction shows up in block explorer now but doesn't have any confirmations...it was sent with no fee. I didn't even see an option to include a fee
sflicht

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:26:43 AM

Agreed. One can speculate that Bitfloor's intentions *might* have been pure: maybe they thought to send the emails over a period of hours to the entire userbase to avoid
an instant sell-off that would overwhelm their infrastructure. (Sure it sucks for people on the tail end of the announcement, but if they randomized
who the emails were sent to, I suppose I could seem them thinking this was a good idea.) But then things could have spun out of control too quickly, necessitating an immediate
trading halt. Regardless of their intentions, though, the idea is horrible.

In retrospect, there are a number of red flags about Bitfloor, beyond the theft last autumn (of which I was aware), like the lack of a ToS and the fact that they
are located in the USA. I chose to trade with them because of the CapOne360 deposits (very convenient and free!), but I'm glad I only risked a small amount of money.
I hope I get it back!
sathackr

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:42:40 AM

my transaction shows up in block explorer now but doesn't have any confirmations...it was sent with no fee. I didn't even see an option to include a fee

got 2 confirmations finally for mine...all appears well for me, hope it works out for everyone else
whereismymoney13

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:29:43 AM

So the upload your photo ID option is gone? I guess I can say I'm lucky I uploaded today and got in queue because I was thinking about putting that off a day or two. Ironic I chose this place to exchange my coin because they had gone through the previous hack, so I was thinking they had better security/experience to prevent things like this from happening. I'll certainly update what happens with my USD but...

1. Never received an email about the pending closure
2. Never saw the supposed banner

I can't believe this.
jmillions

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:08:55 AM

I received my bitcoins from BitFloor. The delay was around 3 hrs. Thank you BitFloor. You'll be missed here.
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:18:36 AM

My ACH option got approved overnight, so I went ahead and started the USD transfer.  Will know in a couple days if it went through.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
bitsandcoins

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:48:52 PM

apparently all BTC exchanges are under attack from authorities.
the system must fear any escape route from conventional banking.
bsw1000

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:55:02 PM

you're money, and mine is gone.

Roman did it again.

but... here's the kicker.  He's safe-  Roman Shtylman isn't his real name.  It's fake.

There doesn't exist a Roman Shtylman in any US database Smiley)

His location, his company, everything about his blogs, designed to mislead you all along and build up credit for a fake name "Roman Shtylman or Shtylmann".    It's not real.  You can hate Roman all you like, he doesn't exist. It's a different person behind it, and you'll likely never know who.

I know, I've been researching "very" deep.

Redjuice

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:25:53 PM

Bitcoin needs a distributed exchange system, or many more exchanges regulated somehow by the community (almost impossible I'm sure).
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:47:57 PM

you're money, and mine is gone.

Roman did it again.

but... here's the kicker.  He's safe-  Roman Shtylman isn't his real name.  It's fake.

There doesn't exist a Roman Shtylman in any US database Smiley)

His location, his company, everything about his blogs, designed to mislead you all along and build up credit for a fake name "Roman Shtylman or Shtylmann".    It's not real.  You can hate Roman all you like, he doesn't exist. It's a different person behind it, and you'll likely never know who.

I know, I've been researching "very" deep.

Your Google-Fu is lacking.

https://pipl.com/search/?q=roman+shtylman&l=&sloc=&in=6

Of course that's another Roman Shtylman, but that's a whole different can of worms.
Hei_

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:50:19 PM

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/7/7d/3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: