Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:08:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Networking hardware for mining operation  (Read 569 times)
IOTUSA (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:30:22 PM

I have a friend who runs 100+ ASIC/GPU and is running into some fairly serious latency issues. Currently running cat-5 cabling to all miners, and a DSL line @ 20 MBit + multiple Netgear 48 port switches.

Does anyone here have useful advice on how to mitigate latency in mining operations? What are some obvious things to do, and not to do? Internet speed recommendations etc.

I will most likely be testing a Cisco Catalyst Managed GB internet switch to see if I can resolve the issues as a first step

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:48:51 PM

Get rid of DSL,go cable...problem solved  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
IOTUSA (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:03:00 PM

Get rid of DSL,go cable...problem solved  Cheesy

Unfortunately he's limited in his internet offering which makes that a problem. I am primarily looking for ways to solve network congestion post-router so to speak.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:40:47 PM

you could setup a local pool proxy server and dns server locally, have all the miners connect through that and you will only have the one machine talking out over the internet. On DSL I am assuming your upload speed is pretty low and this would dramatically reduce the amount of ports/bandwidth used.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
IOTUSA (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:49:01 PM

you could setup a local pool proxy server and dns server locally, have all the miners connect through that and you will only have the one machine talking out over the internet. On DSL I am assuming your upload speed is pretty low and this would dramatically reduce the amount of ports/bandwidth used.

That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately It's prob quite a hassle to setup a local mining proxy for a bunch of Altcoins and BTC. Worth considering though.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:56:31 PM

That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately It's prob quite a hassle to setup a local mining proxy for a bunch of Altcoins and BTC. Worth considering though.

try this one you can run it off a pi ..I use it for alt coin mining... it's not hard to setup and work with script or sha256 pools you can set it to auto switch pools on a timer.

https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy

or look at awesome miner

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0

I use both ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: