Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beckham - Emails leaked saying he deserved Knighthood. Not good!  (Read 431 times)
macedoniantable (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:28:15 PM

Hackers intercepted emails from David Beckham saying he doesn't give a crap about his charity work and just did it to get recognized and get knighted.
He also mentioned in those emails if he was an American he would of received something for his work 10 years ago.
They demanded a six figure ransom to not have them leaked to the public press but his PR people refused to pay and now they were released.
They are in damage control mode and saying those emails that were leaked were doctored and fake.
I would think all of his brand sponsors including Adidas will drop him as their spokesperson just as Tiger Woods sponsorships did to him when accused of spousal abuse and out of control sex rage.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:39:38 PM

A link to the news would be nice, but if true I will not be surprised, many of those superstars only do charity because, they reduce their taxes and just to look good on the eyes of the general public.
macedoniantable (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

^^ Sure, here it is! Grin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/06/revealed-hackers-tried-blackmail-david-beckham-1m-avoid-embarrassing
pinkmann

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:13:27 AM

Hackers win this time! And to think I actually thought these stars did this for other reasons instead of money, like how much money does one need? I certainly hope he gets axed by all of his sponsors and he goes broke too.
Drowzy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:34:13 PM

I wonder what other skeletons he has in his closet. Now we will witness the media to crucify this guy. Lets see what happens..
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:31:32 AM

Doesn't look good from a PR perspective. But his brand is too big and unlikely to affect him that much I think.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:28:56 AM

A link to the news would be nice, but if true I will not be surprised, many of those superstars only do charity because, they reduce their taxes and just to look good on the eyes of the general public.

That's very true for most of them.
They even have their own foundations just to avoid the preying eyes of the Tax Collectors.
And with Beckham, I can say that maybe there's some truth with the leaked emails, though they were saying that those were faked. If those were tampered, the amount of money that the hackers want should not be that enormous & now it's like a terminating point for all his endorsements.
In the end, we don't know him in real person. So who are we to judge?  Wink
adidas

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Americans do it better

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:07:35 AM

Doesn't look good from a PR perspective. But his brand is too big and unlikely to affect him that much I think.

I had forgot about him already so I think his brand is not that big. He is too old now and just as J Low he will do anything to get back a bit from his lost fame. This happens with all the celebrities when they get old, they do everything to get a bit of attention.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:25:45 PM

That's very true for most of them.
They even have their own foundations just to avoid the preying eyes of the Tax Collectors.
And with Beckham, I can say that maybe there's some truth with the leaked emails, though they were saying that those were faked. If those were tampered, the amount of money that the hackers want should not be that enormous & now it's like a terminating point for all his endorsements.
In the end, we don't know him in real person. So who are we to judge?  Wink

If you read my post you will see I do not refer to beckham directly but it state a very common scenario with super start, so whether or not he did that the only one to truly knows that is himself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: