Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL starts shipping Jalapeno this week!?  (Read 3374 times)
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:20:03 AM

Now that I have seen the video I am actually very confident - I will be leaving my pre order as it is and won't look for a refund

5ghs oc´able to 7,5ghs approx 45W . sounds good
so if we'll need a power supply also for that little stuff... what about a 1500 gh's?  Shocked

That thing does not work. Josh kind of admitted it. It might be why they haven't shipped. I mean, think about it. Calculate what ridiculous power this is going to eat.

He said something about 195 watts at a 50gh/s Single. If you multiplay that by 30, you get about 6000 watts.

I don't want to scare anyone's ass off, but at this point, this blows almost anyone's electricity supply. We have worked in these levels a lot at LAN parties. Try getting 8 enthusiasts in your house, have a big TV, your refrigerator and then switch all the enthusiast computers to maximum graphics. at least in my place, my breaker's don't like that at all Cheesy

Then think about the HEAT of 6000 watts. I mean, if you put water cooling on this, you might be able to heat 3-4 flats with it.

Nope, I tell you, that Minirig is what does not work out. The rest is fine, you can deal with 50 watts on a Jalapeno or even 200wats on a Single. But 6000 on the minirig, fuck it. No way. That thing should be used as whirlpool heater. If it works, it might buy the whirlpool anyway.
barneyss

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

shippem man shippem Cheesy
im not english mother language so ty for grammar correction, u make my day better<3
robkaandorp

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:38:09 AM

I hope they will ship it with the power supply. When I preordered almost a year ago it would run from the USB buss and it would be half the size.  Undecided
victor999

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:41:54 AM

What is 'BFL', and what are 'Jalapenos' (other than peppers)?
barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:43:42 AM

I hope they will ship it with the power supply. When I preordered almost a year ago it would run from the USB buss and it would be half the size.  Undecided
that's what i thought 2, now it got 25-50 design
about power supply, lol  Grin
if they ship 5 gh's soon i would be happy with or without power supply, i just need that thing makin some money as soon as possible.
barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:45:00 AM

btl is not new in making mining hardwares, there are some vids about jalapenos works, just check btl fb profile.
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:54:44 AM

Have you seen the jalapeno video.(working demo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uez9AVfDQIg

Great. Hope they start shipping very soon, it cost bfl users serious amount of bitcoins every day they delay mass production+shipping

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
bradford

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:07:24 PM

Anybody know what power improvements are being claimed in the "new" boards?
rovchris

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:02:06 PM

6kw is not a huge amount - a Cisco 6500 series switch can utilise 2 * 3kw power supplies

Most people have 30 amp ring circuits in their houses anyway - electric showers are often around 10kw.

It would produce quite a bit of heat though!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:31:50 PM

He said down to 120w, but... Cheesy

barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:35:01 PM

He said down to 120w, but... Cheesy

down to 120w for what? a 25 gh's i suppose...
keepinithamsta

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:00:35 PM

Doubtful that they will be shipped out in any real capacity.  Have a feeling that Bitfounder will more consistently ship chips out than BFL.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:04:36 PM

that's what i thought 2, now it got 25-50 design
about power supply, lol  Grin
if they ship 5 gh's soon i would be happy with or without power supply, i just need that thing makin some money as soon as possible.

Yeah, you will make tons of money with a Jalapeno, you will be able to buy peanuts almost once a week.

barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:05:56 PM

Doubtful that they will be shipped out in any real capacity.  Have a feeling that Bitfounder will more consistently ship chips out than BFL.
i dont know if jalapenos will work but if u got a pre-order, better if u start looking for a power supply
Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:20:23 PM

Haha, I found this funny.

BFL is ButterFly Labs. One of the major producers in the ASIC market (used to produce FPGA's). The Jalapeno is one of their ASIC miners that they are selling, which being one of their smaller devices, they promised to start shipping first, possibly this week apparently.
superfry

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:25:40 PM

If this actually happens I'll eat my shoe.
daggeteo

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:08:47 PM

Now that I have seen the video I am actually very confident - I will be leaving my pre order as it is and won't look for a refund

5ghs oc´able to 7,5ghs approx 45W . sounds good
so if we'll need a power supply also for that little stuff... what about a 1500 gh's?  Shocked

That thing does not work. Josh kind of admitted it. It might be why they haven't shipped. I mean, think about it. Calculate what ridiculous power this is going to eat.

He said something about 195 watts at a 50gh/s Single. If you multiplay that by 30, you get about 6000 watts.

I don't want to scare anyone's ass off, but at this point, this blows almost anyone's electricity supply. We have worked in these levels a lot at LAN parties. Try getting 8 enthusiasts in your house, have a big TV, your refrigerator and then switch all the enthusiast computers to maximum graphics. at least in my place, my breaker's don't like that at all Cheesy

Then think about the HEAT of 6000 watts. I mean, if you put water cooling on this, you might be able to heat 3-4 flats with it.

Nope, I tell you, that Minirig is what does not work out. The rest is fine, you can deal with 50 watts on a Jalapeno or even 200wats on a Single. But 6000 on the minirig, fuck it. No way. That thing should be used as whirlpool heater. If it works, it might buy the whirlpool anyway.

All you need to do is hook it up to a stirling engine and baam you get some of that wattage back Cheesy
Bitmonedo

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:42:03 PM

I thought the jalapenos suck and in reallity are the ones that are going to make some money
barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:44:23 PM

I thought the jalapenos suck and in reallity are the ones that are going to make some money
suck at 5 gh's i dont think so
Dorpsgek

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

Think I will be ordering one as soon as they are actually shipping..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: