Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:50:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: tx not confirmed long time..  (Read 2955 times)
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:33:25 PM

Why are people so cheap on fees? 5 satoshi per byte? You could spend $0.10 and now have to deal with delayed transaction. I don't understand  Huh Huh Huh Huh

0xfff, I think it's because people posting in this forum is mostly from the third world countries and such (Africa, Malaysia, etc). Since the work there is pretty much low paying the money is pretty important to them so they try to keep the most that they can.

Some people just use the low fee because they don't really know the technical side of the transaction fee, so they put whatever they want.

$0.10 is good, I don't see why people pay $0.37 to send a transaction. The only reason to spend that much would be if they needed to purchase something within 4 minutes.

Good thinking. Few cents of a dollar would mean a lot to people in poor countries. If the block size ever increases fees would go down and it would help out these guys.

I saw a transaction with 37k satoshi as tx fee and yet it is still unconfirmed after several hours.  I thought you said $0.10 usd is good and yet this transaction have not made it thru.  Not a single confirmation after 5 hours lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:41:49 PM

Why are people so cheap on fees? 5 satoshi per byte? You could spend $0.10 and now have to deal with delayed transaction. I don't understand  Huh Huh Huh Huh

0xfff, I think it's because people posting in this forum is mostly from the third world countries and such (Africa, Malaysia, etc). Since the work there is pretty much low paying the money is pretty important to them so they try to keep the most that they can.

Some people just use the low fee because they don't really know the technical side of the transaction fee, so they put whatever they want.

$0.10 is good, I don't see why people pay $0.37 to send a transaction. The only reason to spend that much would be if they needed to purchase something within 4 minutes.

Good thinking. Few cents of a dollar would mean a lot to people in poor countries. If the block size ever increases fees would go down and it would help out these guys.

I saw a transaction with 37k satoshi as tx fee and yet it is still unconfirmed after several hours.  I thought you said $0.10 usd is good and yet this transaction have not made it thru.  Not a single confirmation after 5 hours lol.

Transaction priority is satoshi/kb. Miners can only fit so many kb in each block. A massive transaction could have a $.37 fee and be under 5 satoshi/kb and never be confirmed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: