Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving all Private keys and addresses  (Read 352 times)
AMOD (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:52:41 AM

Is it possible to save all possible private keys and public addresses( generated and still not generated) of my ELECTRUM wallet in a file so that i can use them even if ELECTRUM wallet is not available in future?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:57:44 AM

You can't.  That's what the seed is for.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16628

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 09:59:55 AM

This site can easily do this:
https://iancoleman.github.io/bip39/

Just enter your saved backup words, choose how many addresses you want (say 500), and print the page.
Do this offline, from a LIVE Ubuntu CD, never directly from the website!

I don't recommend doing this, there's no need for it. As long as you keep your backup words safe, you have all you need to restore your private keys.

so that i can use them even if ELECTRUM wallet is not available in future?
Your own Electrum wallet can also export the private keys. This works when your computer is offline too, so you don't depend on any server. As long as you have the program, you can export it.

AMOD (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:58:20 AM

Is there any other way ( outside ELECTRUM) to generate my private and public keys from the SEED ?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 07:00:23 AM

Is there any other way ( outside ELECTRUM) to generate my private and public keys from the SEED ?

I have written a python script to do this, but you need to realise there are infinity keys that can be derived from a seed...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1682523.msg17027986#msg17027986

It's a starting point, the completed script was only sent to the OP of that thread in PM, and since he payed a bounty, i'm not sure if i can publish the complete works... That being said, this post should be more than enough to put you in the right direction, even without much scripting experience.

But TBH, if you're really that paranoid about any wallet, the only completely trustless scenario for somebody that is not able to verify and compile the sourcecode himself, is to use an offline wallet setup (install electrum on a pc that never goes online, export the xpub, save it on an usb stick, transfer it to an online pc, import the xpub, generate transactions on the online pc, transfer them on an usb stick to the offline pc for signing, and back to the online machine for broadcasting).
I'd personally also suggest to use a decent, tested, program to generate your seed words (i recommend electrum, altough you seem to have trust issues Wink ), not only because a random seed is not allowed, but also because humans are a bad source of entropy.
This is not an easy setup, IIRC you need to start the offline electrum using a couple extra parameters, but it should be as close to completely paranoid as possible... Maybe with the exception of a paper wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████