Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rising thanks to Bitcoin Unlimited taking the lead over SegWat  (Read 1473 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 09:56:33 AM

http://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-unlimited-overtakes-segwit/

Now is the time erryone should change their faulty core wallet with Bitcoin Unlimited or Bitcoin Classic, because clearly this accelerates the price rise.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:11:43 AM

True ream some lines in past weeks and all indicated that BU will overtake segwit but all mentioned it only matter of time. Seem like the time has come.
See also that from that link you provided that Bitcoin Classic is also having great support. Still think that it will take lot of effort for anything to be just that still miners are in all 3 solution ans there is not indication to be only one.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3428
Merit: 4349

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:06:29 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 02:51:57 AM by Paashaas

Now is the time erryone should change their faulty core wallet with Bitcoin Unlimited or Bitcoin Classic, because clearly this accelerates the price rise.

This price rise is the result of the sheer world-wide demand, not because of BU  Undecided

Dont tell me you're one of those BU idiots who thinks that Bitcoin will be fine and ready for mainstream with 2mb blocks..I dont know how many time i've told them; Bitcoin cannot go mainstream with only bigger blocks! 1GIG+ blocks are needed for a good shot for mainstream. The internet cannot handle that kind of blocks!

Segwit sucks, Segwit is bad etc are comming for those BU noobs who doesnt know that the majority of the Bitcoin ecosystem prefers Segwit for obvious reasons. Bitcoin needs extra layers/side-chains to go mainstream and they prefer Segwit because it's more solid and secure. btw my Trezor hardware wallet loves Segwit more than BU, think about it..

BU is just a short term fix nothing more, you know what happen to the network when we get 2-5 times the influx of new people Huh then what..blame Trump?
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 03:08:42 PM

This price rise is the result of the sheer world-wide demand, not beceause of BU  Undecided

Dont tell me you're one of those BU idiots who thinks that Bitcoin will be fine and ready for mainstream with 2mb blocks..I dont know how many time i've told them; Bitcoin cannot go mainstream with only bigger blocks! 1GIG+ blocks are needed for a good shot for mainstream. The internet cannot handle that kind of blocks!

Segwit sucks, Segwit is bad etc are comming for those BU noobs who doesnt know that the majority of the Bitcoin ecosystem prefers Segwit for obvious reasons. Bitcoin needs extra layers/side-chains to go mainstream and they prefer Segwit because it's more solid and secure. btw my Trezor hardware wallet loves Segwit more than BU, think about it..

BU is just a short term fix nothing more, you know what happen to the network when we get 2-5 times the influx of new people Huh then what..blame Trump?

Please educate yourself about the essentials of Bitcoin Unlimited. You are deceived by misinformation.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:44:01 PM

This price rise is the result of the sheer world-wide demand, not beceause of BU  Undecided

Please educate yourself about the essentials of Bitcoin Unlimited. You are deceived by misinformation.

Wrong, the ones deceived are the idiots supporting BUllshit. Everyone with technical knowledge is supporting Segwit. Hell, even Gavin supports segwit.

You have been another victim of the Roger Ver propaganda machine. Get wise.

https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/roger-ver-from-bitcoin-jesus-to-bitcoin-antichrist-69fc7a17c622
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 03:52:21 PM

Wrong, the ones deceived are the idiots supporting BUllshit. Everyone with technical knowledge is supporting Segwit. Hell, even Gavin supports segwit.

You have been another victim of the Roger Ver propaganda machine. Get wise.

https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/roger-ver-from-bitcoin-jesus-to-bitcoin-antichrist-69fc7a17c622

typical segwit paid fanboy arguments. you can't say anything constructive so you just spit out nonsense. I've been a C++ developer for 10 years, have master's degree in software engineering, been developing bitcoin apps since 2013 and been hodling bitcoins since 2011. I know my shit tech wise. You're the one who barks whatever the "god" gavin tells you without using your own best judgement and common sense. you are everything that is wrong in this world, the following picture is of you, sheep

obey the authority and keep repeating what they tell you, you're a good slave

quake313

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:58:33 PM

I highly doubt BU or segwit get activated the way things are going.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

anything Unlimited is typically BS, as has been shown time and time again.
just look at the "unlimited" cellular plans.
what a horrible name choice.

That said about the name, I am not proficient enough in software to fully understand the choice, but all this segwit vs unlimited strikes me as a bunch of political horseshit that i tried to avoid by being interested in bitcoin in the first place.
Behaving more like Montecchi vs Capuleti...sheeesh
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 04:14:51 PM

anything Unlimited is typically BS, as has been shown time and time again.
just look at the "unlimited" cellular plans.
what a horrible name choice.

That said about the name, I am not proficient enough in software to fully understand the choice, but all this segwit vs unlimited strikes me as a bunch of political horseshit that i tried to avoid by being interested in bitcoin in the first place.
Behaving more like Montecchi vs Capuleti...sheeesh

Yeah it sucks they named it Bitcoin Unlimited because there's nothing unlimited about Bitcoin Unlimited. Really bad name, but it doesn't make the software bad because of a bad name. Bitcoin Unlimited allows you to define your own maximum block size that your node is willing to accept. That's all. It takes power away from the wallet developers and gives it to the nodes. Block size does not belong to the protocol layer, it's just wrong and dumb.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:16:55 PM

Delusional BUcoin supporters of the /r/btc sect will think any price increase is due BUcoin nodes.

Back in the day any price increase was because of XT. Then XT failed.

Back in the day any price increase was due Classic. Then Classic failed.

Now the price is up and guess what: It's all due BU!!!

Those idiots will never learn. Im sorry but no, plenty of news are making the price go up, nobody cares about BU.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-gets-ready-to-factor-in-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-approval
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Delusional BUcoin supporters of the /r/btc sect will think any price increase is due BUcoin nodes.

Those idiots will never learn. Im sorry but no, plenty of news are making the price go up, nobody cares about BU.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-gets-ready-to-factor-in-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-approval

you're a sorry loser butthurt because BU is now officially more accepted than this ugly hack segwit crap

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 04:29:27 PM

Im not sure if its BU thats causing the rise or if its just worldwide demand like another user said but i know for sure that a lot of people close to me that would have never gone near bitcoin before are taking a more serious look at it now. If BU was to hardfork then im sure we will get a temporary dip as people panic due to a not knowing how its going to go.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:33:12 PM

you're a sorry loser butthurt because BU is now officially more accepted than this ugly hack segwit crap

Looks like you are the butthurt loser. BU nodes are mostly fake, hosted by Roger Ver, pretty much like most people on /r/btc. We already saw the same with xt and classic: peaks of nodes that went down fast because they were fake.

It will be fun to see BU crash and burn for what it is: another useless powergrab attempt of butthurt losers jelly that Core devs are the best coders in the game.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:51:20 PM

What's segwat? lol 1+GB blocks? why not since only there are big farms mining let them spend money on bandwidth.
But I doubt if bitcoin has what it takes to go mainstream, we're still struggling with 4 tx per second.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 10:32:27 PM

Looks like you are the butthurt loser. BU nodes are mostly fake, hosted by Roger Ver, pretty much like most people on /r/btc. We already saw the same with xt and classic: peaks of nodes that went down fast because they were fake.

It will be fun to see BU crash and burn for what it is: another useless powergrab attempt of butthurt losers jelly that Core devs are the best coders in the game.

another misinformed idiot making false assumptions. no one is talking about node count, that can obviously be faked. I'm speaking of blocks that are signalling Bitcoin Unlimited support --- actual miners mining BU blocks.

Im not sure if its BU thats causing the rise or if its just worldwide demand like another user said but i know for sure that a lot of people close to me that would have never gone near bitcoin before are taking a more serious look at it now. If BU was to hardfork then im sure we will get a temporary dip as people panic due to a not knowing how its going to go.

and yet another false assumption. BU is not going to hardfork because it will require super consensus to activate just like segwit. there will be no hard fork, just a protocol upgrade.

_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:33:37 PM

long way to go 600 vs 3000 approx
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:32:00 AM

Looks like you are the butthurt loser. BU nodes are mostly fake,

Kinda hard to fake solved blocks hundreds deep in the Bitcoin blockchain.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 09:19:01 PM

Wouldn't claim the rise is anything at all to do with BU myself. Biggest factors for me are that bitcoin is easiest and best way to avoid capital controls while the war against cash is raging around the world combined with Bitcoin supply halved and wave of new people coming in because of rising prices. Not to mention healthy growth of bitcoin services.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:25:47 AM

Wouldn't claim the rise is anything at all to do with BU myself.

Yeah. While I personally would like to think it is due to the recent BU surge, I have no way of measuring that, so I am not making such a claim. I am however responding directly to the insinuation that 'BU nodes are mostly fake'. Which is a downright stupid statement on its face.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 09:21:51 AM

Well, I'm actually just glad that this block size thing is moving somewhere, that we are getting more BU support and that price is climbing higher. This topic was mostly intended to smear BU's success in the faces of segwit pawns. Sure, we can say that BU is not the sole reason for BTC rise, but it's definitely one of the reasons.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: