Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help unconfirmed balance on multi-bit  (Read 1031 times)
bigbitfreak (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:22:08 AM

Hi Guys

First off I feel a bit cheap signing up here and posting without having have contributed to this community before but I am really stuck and have been up all night trying to work this out

I have been through the ringer and think my btc might be missing altogether and am I in a bad way as this is a lot of money to me and i took me a year to save it to buy coins

Please guys if I can explain in detail how this happened and if ye could be so kind as to offer things to try I will be very grateful

I for some stupid reason transferred $ 20 dollars while I was waiting for a $622 to get it's first confirmation which It did but now I have a $ 20 transfer that is stuck and an unconfirmmed balance and the receiver of the $ 622 is saying he didn't get it even though it has over 1000 confirmations, I am going to physically call into him now to look at his wallet

I repaired my wallet multiple times I am literary panicking here please see pic of wallet http://imgur.com/a/E1E47

The transaction ID for the $ 622 which was the first one is https://blockchain.info/tx-index/813378afcca308d8c5ff6fa8a168138991cf8f205531e3a486cb98a685db014b

But the $20 dollar one has me freaked out it is still not confirmed but it looks like it is transferring the $ 20 to my other address but it looks like the remaining $ 1,700 is being transfereed to some address I don't know, Could I ahev been hacked I have scanned and scanned my computer again and again but nothing no malware anything, here is the transaction ID https://blockchain.info/tx-index/f60125ae767b7d7ec0877735b5abab3baf2ff6f38f9b6ae87716241b4fb6dae6

If someone can help me get these coins back if possible I will definitely get you a few virtual beers or coffee Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

Please guys if I can explain in detail how this happened and if ye could be so kind as to offer things to try I will be very grateful
Simple: You included a fee-rate that is well below the recommended.

But the $20 dollar one has me freaked out it is still not confirmed but it looks like it is transferring the $ 20 to my other address but it looks like the remaining $ 1,700 is being transfereed to some address I don't know, Could I ahev been hacked I have scanned and scanned my computer again and again but nothing no malware anything, here is the transaction ID https://blockchain.info/tx-index/f60125ae767b7d7ec0877735b5abab3baf2ff6f38f9b6ae87716241b4fb6dae6
Your transaction won't confirm for a while because of this fee. You included: 0.00059387 per KB, which is ~60 satoshis/byte. The current recommended fee [1] is 140 satoshis/byte. As far as the other address is concerned, that is probably just a change address from MultiBit. The amount should still be visible in your wallet (after it confirms at least).

[1] - https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bigbitfreak (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:41:42 PM

Hi Lauda

thank you so much for your advise and you kind words have me breathing a lot easier Smiley,

I just used the same fee as the $622 transaction but I can see now that the $ 20 transaction is over double the size in bytes silly me thought the bigger the money value the bigger the size, I am new to this and it's so interesting and my word after reading this forum all night ye guys know a lot

Can I ask do you have to do one transaction at a time ? and does it mean all the remaining balance is unusable while there is a transaction waiting for a confirmation ?

Thanks again
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:55:17 PM

Can I ask do you have to do one transaction at a time ? and does it mean all the remaining balance is unusable while there is a transaction waiting for a confirmation ?
You don't have to do one transaction at a time or have to wait for previous transactions to confirm, but any transactions that depend on an unconfirmed transaction will not confirm until the ones it depends on confirm as well.

The issue with your transaction is the low fee. You have a few options here. You can wait and hope it confirms, wait for the transaction to be "forgotten" by the network, attempt a double spending transaction that pays a higher fee, or ask a miner to confirm it for you.

For the third option, you can do "Repair wallet" in MultiBit. That will clear all unconfirmed transactions from your wallet. Then you can respend the BItcoin in a transaction with a higher transaction fee.

For the fourth option, you can contact the users Quickseller and macbook-air.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:55:47 PM

I just used the same fee as the $622 transaction but I can see now that the $ 20 transaction is over double the size in bytes silly me thought the bigger the money value the bigger the size, I am new to this and it's so interesting and my word after reading this forum all night ye guys know a lot
It's a common misconception. A standard fee or a fixed fee is a very bad idea. The required fee is usually dependent on two things:
1) Recommended fee rate at time of transacting (see the link I included in my previous post).
2) Transaction size.

The answer is yes and no. It depends on the scenario. For example:
If you only have 1 address (1 output), therefore only 1 input to include in the creation of a transaction, you can send one. Your change balance is unconfirmed. Whilst you can create a TX with this balance as well, it's somewhat pointless as it won't confirm until the previous one does.
If you have multiple (outputs), therefore multiple inputs to select with coin control (e.g. in Core), then you can create several. For example:
Input (A) -> TX (A) -> Send to Bob.
Input (B) -> TX (B) -> Send to Satoshi.

I'm not fully familiar with the options that Multibit provides. However, Bitcoin Core provides a very good feature called 'coin control' (specifying inputs and custom change address).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 06:20:53 PM

Both transactions have been confirmed. Locking this thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: