Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Design/Web Programmer  (Read 879 times)
Tekkna (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:47:49 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 12:41:59 PM by Tekkna

I build websites, although I am not a designer, I can recommend some people who will provide graphic design for BTC, or USD.

Although I am not a designer, there a quite a bit of themes available, which I will use. Because I am using the Drupal platform, there is a centralized list [urlhttps://drupal.org/project/Themes]here[/url].

Rates
I will be charging $20USD in BTC per hour, with initial costs of websites @$200USD in BTC. Past the initial costs the per hour rate will decide how much is charged.

Hosting
I can make recommendations, I can also provide this service, if needed. If you choose to use a server provided by you, it must be running a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) and should come with SSH access.

Your Responsibilities
* Domain name, unless you want people to enter the IP address every time. (I can provide recommendations for this)
* Server, unless you would like me to provide it. (see hosting)
* Content, all content will be created by you, including logos and graphics (I can provide recommendations)
* Providing any SSL certificates, or any similar extra requirements(paypal, etc.), I may provide recommendations.

My Responsibilities
* Programming the structure of the site to you specification.
* Any extra functionality will be charged at the standard rate, if the task takes longer than 15 minutes.
* Optionally providing any hosting.
* Bringing the server to a working state, with all software requirements met.
* Ensuring the site is in working condition, before I pass ownership onto you, or should I provide ownership, I will be responsible for maintenance (primarily software updates, and bug fixes)
* Ensuring that the site is bug-free, and doing things efficiently, and securely.

Escrow
Happy to work with any trusted escrow agent, a list being available here

Should something go wrong
This obviously should never happen, especially as I pay attention to commonly known bugs (see the OWASP list), however the situation may arise that I do something stupid, or a previously unknown bug is exploited. In this case I will not provide liability in any form for the site, however you should not need any.

Disaster prevention is the best remedy, you should have any bitcoins instantly moved to an off-site address, preferably existing only in cold storage. You should have a unique password for the site, using the same password for e-mail would be very bad. Any private communications should be encrypted (GPG). I will be using these standards, and it is expected that you do the same. Any help needed can be provided, and will be provided freely if the consultation is <15 minutes.

I will recommend that you take a slightly under-powered account, however that is up to you. This would lower the attack vectors available for a potential attacker, and you are unlikely to use the administrative powers of the site, if I am managing everything. If I am not managing the site, I recommend you maintain 2 accounts, 1 with administrative powers (and a long, randomly generated password), and the other for common use (which should still have a secure password, although may be smaller, ~12 characters), that is less-powerful.

Security is serious, and I will take it seriously.

Who am I?
I have been studying programming for about 6+ years, I started with HTML/CSS, moved on to QBasic, a derivative of Basic. I then began study C++, and using the Qt framework. Around the time I was studying Computer Security, as it pertains to servers, I began learning PHP/MySQL, and built a (small) CMS. Around this time I also began looking for a CMS to build website, and Drupal came highly recommended, this has been my CMS of choice since.

I have a strong Linux background, as well as skill in the following languages:
* C/C++
* PHP+Drupal
* Python
* Lua
* HTML/CSS
* Linux shell

I have worked in the following environments,
* MediaWiki, the software  powering Wikipedia
* Drupal, CMS very popular due to it's extensibility and the availability of modules
* Linux, have been using this for a while. My home computer is running a modified Ubuntu(Mate, + minor customizations) I also maintain a server at home running Debian
* Apache, have used as it pertains to Drupal (not that much, after setup Apache normally functions  well without having to mess with it)
* MySQL, have SQL experience
* HTML/CSS/PHP, The first languages I learned were HTML/CSS, at one time I created a small CMS that was written in PHP/HTML/CSS/MySQL
* C++/Qt, for software development

This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in expanding their business online, or any escrow agents who wish to provide a more professional point of contact.

BTC: 15Yb897j2Yrbk1GU5Uwwhg5PFBMXeUAmhS  | I sell $5 Amazon Gift Codes | I also build websites

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:54:02 AM

is it 20btc or 20usd in btc?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:20:17 AM

Obviously not 20 BTC per hour.
Tekkna (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:23:36 PM

is it 20btc or 20usd in btc?
Obviously not 20 BTC per hour.
Correct, 20$ in BTC.

Although I would certainly not turn down a pay increase of that magnitude Wink

BTC: 15Yb897j2Yrbk1GU5Uwwhg5PFBMXeUAmhS  | I sell $5 Amazon Gift Codes | I also build websites

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: