April 16, 2013, 05:48:27 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 04:47:11 AM by Arvicco

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:52:15 PM

that's unfortunate, we will work out a solution to ship this one back and send you another.

kirukisu

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:22:12 PM

Already a Happy End ? Smiley
Nice move AVALON.
And another + for letting us take a closer look.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

I'm surprised this didn't happen with more systems. There needs to be top supports if they're going to ship them fully assembled.

Buy & Hold
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:54:14 PM

waiting so long and receiving a broken one ....
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:00:18 PM

I'm surprised this didn't happen with more systems. There needs to be top supports if they're going to ship them fully assembled.
I agree!, They appear to have a 99% sucess rate when it comes to shipping thier product intact! Luck finally ran out though.
I think they should put some wedges of some form (like cardboard, crumpled newspaper, foam) inbetween the hashing units to prevent them from taking shipping damage if they come loose like with what we see above

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:00:49 PM

Horror of horrors. Truly a worst case scenario. Sorry about that man, hope you get a replacement in good time. I'd imagine that any spot fixes would be very difficult but I'm not a CE.
kev7112001

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:36:16 PM

how much for the broken one?

MCXNOW MODERATOR
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:51:26 PM

how much for the broken one?

He has to return it.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

I feel sorry for your loss  Cry
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:13:30 PM

Horror of horrors. Truly a worst case scenario. Sorry about that man, hope you get a replacement in good time. I'd imagine that any spot fixes would be very difficult but I'm not a CE.
Worse case scenario would be if he didn't got it at all and the company didn't offer a replacement. This is unfortunate, but definitly not the worst possible thing.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:43:21 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3ty1a5/

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 10:04:56 AM

Is apparently not the only shipment -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156323.msg1872222#msg1872222

A transport lock of cardboard would be really good

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
TeqnoHaxor

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:44:22 AM

someone dropped the unit on its corner, most likely during the shipping and handling phase. Mining modules unhinged and the unit was obviously damaged at this point (clanking sound, anyone?) but the guy still packaged it as if nothing happened and shipped to customer... You need to take better control of your shipping and handling procedures, Team Avalon!

Do Avalon actually have any involvement in that process? Wouldn't it be drop shipped from the manufacturer? Still disappointing, every day you're not mining you're loosing potential profits - I mean it's great they're taking steps to rectify the situation but I cannot begin to imagine your frustration.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:10:12 AM

If I were you I would unscrew and remove any damaged "blades" (i can see at least 4 with missing components). Then go through the modules one by one to see what will has and what not. Your biggest problem will be if the controller was damaged. If the controller is undamaged you should be ok to keep the working modules and send back the non working ones. If it was damaged you'll need to send it all back in.

Also, was this a batch 2 order?

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:26:29 AM

pm me order number, we are looking into this situation.

itcamefrommars

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:12:26 PM

It looks like only some caps got knocked off.  If so - that is really easy to fix.
I know a local hackerspace would probably have the parts and even do it for free for the cool factor.  I would.

Good thing is since they are smt caps - they pop off pretty clean without opening up and getting the electrolytic pcb eating goo all over.

Seriously though... an electronic repair shop could knock that out in a few minutes - if it's only the caps that were damaged. 

Hell you could probably reattach the same ones yourself with a soldering iron if the caps did pop off clean without pulling the legs out.
New caps would only cost a couple of bucks anyhow.

This is all assuming that the only issue is the capacitors being knocked off.

I certainly would try that first.  Could possibly have it working in a day or less     Grin

If you posted higher res pictures of the damage to circuit boards - I'm sure alot of people here could help figure out any other possible damage.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:16:03 PM

that's unfortunate, we will work out a solution to ship this one back and send you another.

WOW! Nice.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:38:04 PM

Customer service seems to be top notch based on the messages in this thread. Lets hope for a very fast shipping on the replacement unit. Some sort of super expedited airmail would be nice.

That kind of sight during unboxing is horrible  Cry
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:24:08 PM

I would suggest that future designs at the least feature longer anchoring screws of a larger diameter.

Anchoring the heatsinks to both panels would be even better physically, and for heat dissipation, but would make opening the unit more difficult.

Someone else mentioned copper heatsinks.  This would be a nice touch also, so long as there are no galvanic corrosion issues with a bi-metal design.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: